Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Right, this guy took video of the end of a weeknight blowout loss and got all emotional about it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
That's all true but for those of us sickos who follow https://twitter.com/BestFansStLouis they seem to be repeatedly overselling their attendance numbers, which means either a. they're making poo poo up, or b. thousands upon thousands of sold seats go unused for every home game. I'm not sure which is worse, but I will continue to lol and lmao

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

AndrewP posted:

that's weird because the official attendance for Tuesday was 32k

Don't teams often dump cheap tickets to 3rd party re-sellers to keep attendance metrics/sold out streaks going?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

AndrewP posted:

that's weird because the official attendance for Tuesday was 32k

They're all just out of frame, laughing and enjoying Cardinals baseball.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

zoux posted:

They're all in J6 prison, laughing and enjoying Cardinals baseball.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

You need a pithy name for the support group, too. Loperfidudes?

Fidophiles

Wait no that's bad

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Mike_V posted:

Official attendance is tickets sold which includes people who don't go to games but also is at the start of the game and not the 8th inning (or w/e) of a 14-1 game
yeah but we’ve seen teams play games with this stuff before, notably the Giants and Red Sox when they were trying to extend their “sellout” streaks. It’s also been well documented with the Cardinals specifically on Twitter by that BestFansStLouis troll account.

Anecdotally, when I watch Dodgers games on tv in St Louis recently it has been noticeable to me how not-full the stadium looks.

That particular video may not be a good example but it’s definitely not an outlier either.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

bawfuls posted:

yeah but we’ve seen teams play games with this stuff before, notably the Giants and Red Sox when they were trying to extend their “sellout” streaks. It’s also been well documented with the Cardinals specifically on Twitter by that BestFansStLouis troll account.

Anecdotally, when I watch Dodgers games on tv in St Louis recently it has been noticeable to me how not-full the stadium looks.

That particular video may not be a good example but it’s definitely not an outlier either.

It's down and rightfully so. People shouldn't be supporting this directionless team with an owner who refuses to spend at a level the club should be spending at

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Players Weekend, but this time without fun nicknames on the jerseys

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/1783558287482581160?t=J45tVTkSlrzycT94NfljmQ&s=19

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Hell yeah. Fun Friday!

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Hey remember that thing everyone loved that we killed for no good reason? Let’s bring it back! But this time without everyone’s favorite part.

Maybe they’ll do white-on-white jerseys again too!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wow that seems fun

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
https://twitter.com/marc_normandin/status/1783565376128696822?s=46&t=2RtKUZF-7mtwaGnhOLp93A

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Attention: the Chicago White Sox have not, in fact, won their fourth game of season.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Can the Twins play the White Sox every week

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Meanwhile the Guards beat the better Sox in a 6-4 game (including a Jose Ramirez grand slam) that finishes up their play with Boston for the season, winning both series 5-2.

Currently the Guards have only dropped a series to the Yankees this season. Facing the Braves tomorrow. I think it's gonna be a good one to watch.

I do in fact think the Guardians are for real this season. If they can keep the pitching steady having lost Bieber I think they're easily in contention.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Apr 25, 2024

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

"Fun Causes Appreciation" is either the most vague headline ever made, or the name of a rock album.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Atlanta-Cleveland should be fun, weird to say but the Braves really haven’t played all that well for their record, I expect them to drop 2 of 3 but hopefully get a measure of themselves. Albies will be back, at least, so that helps.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

elentar posted:

Atlanta-Cleveland should be fun, weird to say but the Braves really haven’t played all that well for their record, I expect them to drop 2 of 3 but hopefully get a measure of themselves. Albies will be back, at least, so that helps.

A lot of people are saying the same of Cleveland, and while I disagree, it should be a fun litmus test for both teams. Taking the majority of our season games against Boston helps dispel the notion that we're just good at beating the basement teams.

I agree it's gonna be a 2-1 series split but I'm unsure which way it'll go. Some of the bats have been real quiet lately, but on the flipside Jose just woke up.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

(cubsposting intensifies)
https://x.com/Cubs/status/1783592316243952106

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

ASPCA now stands for All-Star Pete Crow-Armstrong

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The trick is apparently to just not let PCA face Verlander, ez.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

"Hey boss, we don't have any 'é's, what do we do with this Hernandez jersey?"
"Eh, just use a regular e, good enough."

--Fanatics, probably.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Craptacular! posted:

"Fun Causes Appreciation" is either the most vague headline ever made, or the name of a rock album.

I loved Smoking Causes Coughing. Hyped to hear it’s getting a sequel.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

goms

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

DeepDickPizza posted:

Attention: the Chicago White Sox have not, in fact, won their fourth game of season.

White Sox are veering into that car-crash territory where I just wanna see how many they can lose now

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Actual reason for no nickname jerseys is probably a combo of: they didn't sell that well, most players weren't even really all that into it and just lazily used their clubhouse shorthand, and the fanatics production right now is a nightmare mess that's not even able to keep up with the existing alternate jersey needs.

That said:

lmao

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

AndrewP posted:

White Sox are veering into that car-crash territory where I just wanna see how many they can lose now

Yeah, it’s fascinating to watch a team this bad and it’s only going to get weirder as the season goes on. The uncomfortable pre and post game shows with Garfein and Ozzie trying to put a positive spin can only go so long before Ozzie starts spouting off all the time. I can’t wait for that change to happen. When they’re like 10-55, how awkward will everything become?

In happy news, I loved PCA’s little hop on his homer. He was so jacked. I love him.

EDIT: The “El Mago” jerseys/shirseys were sick as hell. Can’t really remember any others coming close to catching on. I would wear a “Throwing Professor” shirsey, though.

DeepDickPizza fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Apr 25, 2024

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Good job cubs.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Endless Trash posted:

ASPCA now stands for All-Star Pete Crow-Armstrong

:eyepop:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The Chicago Cubs: heroes of the thread.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Sweeping the Astros into the trash can definitely is a hell of a buzz. Way to end the homestead with a bang.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Sydin posted:

Sweeping the Astros into the trash can definitely is a hell of a buzz. Way to end the homestead with a bang.

It's like I knew this joke was coming.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Sydin posted:

Saint Thomas Aquinas did not need to write a book about the existence of God when there is proof right in front of us.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Sydin posted:

Bravo good sir

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I lived in LA too long and keep calling him PCH

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Once again, an Astros season is symbolized by a garbage can.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Ozzie Albies :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6pfKLhDfTk

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/ktsharp/status/1783674554885316706

lol this lineup loving sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/MLBPipeline/status/1783712600821498083

The Absolute Unit