Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

This is fun, did Ted Williams really hit a ball to the red seat? Probably yes! https://twitter.com/mike_petriello/status/1783945848860152262

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Might as well bring La Russa back to really emphasize team chemistry

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Might as well bring La Russa back to really emphasize team chemistry

Call a cab for him

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Captain Log posted:

Did Holliday only get something like 34 ABs? I feel like you should give him a longer look than that if you're winning games and his defense is plus stuff.

Also, Trout didn't make it on his first trip up. I bet Holliday will be back before we know it.

18 strikeouts in 36 plate appearances is the kind of thing that gets you sent down, even if it's just for a couple of weeks to get the groove going again

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

TheFlyingLlama posted:

18 strikeouts in 36 plate appearances is the kind of thing that gets you sent down, even if it's just for a couple of weeks to get the groove going again

I mean, Holliday only had something like 120 ABs in AAA, and he's only 20. It's okay to be patient and let him get his sea legs at Norfolk.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

This sucks, Miley owns.
https://x.com/TalkinBaseball_/status/1783959098716729350

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Ok if Wade Miley needs TJS I'm all onboard the pitch clock causes elbows to explode train now.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
lol doesn't Miley throw like 85? When is the Hendricks TJS announcement???

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I love Wade Miley

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Luke Little is an absolute unit with the added bonus of having the surname "Little"

"Luke Little, who is ironically 6'8"..."

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

God how much money has he made to play like poo poo this year?

https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/1784007667863732532?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

He must be thrilled!

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

don't do what tony rendon does

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I had no idea Dave Roberts was half Japanese and also that he and Ohtani are now tied for Japanese born Dodgers with the most home runs.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
another 7 innings out of Sale, could really get used to this if i didn't know better

his best start for Atlanta by a mile

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Nicowns

E: Not the GDT but point stands

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Sydin posted:

lol doesn't Miley throw like 85? When is the Hendricks TJS announcement???

From the MLB article:

Of Miley’s 11 stints on the injured list in the past nine seasons, only two have been for the elbow: His current one, and a month-long stretch at this time last year. But he said he’s dealt with discomfort in that elbow since at least 2018, when he first pitched for the Brewers.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

howe_sam posted:

This is fun, did Ted Williams really hit a ball to the red seat? Probably yes! https://twitter.com/mike_petriello/status/1783945848860152262

this is a really cool read

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Alright, I think I've seen enough. Laureano's got an option, send him down to to AAA to figure his poo poo out.

0 for 4 with 3 strikeouts tonight, combined with his past 5 games he's 18 ABs, 2 Hs, 1 BB, 8 SO.

Time to see if Johnathan Rodriguez has some major league chops.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

White Sox scored 9 against the Rays

disband the Rays

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

White Sox scored 9 against the Rays

disband the Rays

14% of the runs they have scored this season

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

shota imanaga loving owns

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

That's some Madden level insight we got going for our team.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Aaron Boone is so loving terrible at his job it's actually funny.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Yankees are a loving terrible baseball team with 2 great players.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Timby posted:

I mean, Holliday only had something like 120 ABs in AAA, and he's only 20. It's okay to be patient and let him get his sea legs at Norfolk.

I'm kind of impressed with how candidly Elias talked about the whole thing:

https://twitter.com/chelsea_janes/status/1783954887757222322

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

R.D. Mangles posted:

shota imanaga loving owns

Many people are saying this.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

With Zac Gallen down now, too, have we passed the "injuries are at the same pace of last year" point?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
proposal to stop elbows exploding - a pitch clock but it's 20 seconds before a pitcher can even toe the rubber. then there's no clock. also unlimited pick offs again.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

this is a really cool read

Thanks man, I wouldn't have bothered

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Funny that Mo Vaughn is quoted as saying such a long dinger was impossible because I was at a game where he hit the longest bomb I ever done seen. 505 feet!

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

elentar posted:

another 7 innings out of Sale, could really get used to this if i didn't know better

his best start for Atlanta by a mile

Is Matzek officially Washed?

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
Orioles send down Holliday, lose to the A's

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Patrick Bailey hitting a walkoff bomb in front of Joey Bart, no less is :kiss:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Grem posted:

With Zac Gallen down now, too, have we passed the "injuries are at the same pace of last year" point?

This morning I saw it was hamstring tightness

loving pitch clock!!!!

waffy
Oct 31, 2010

duomo posted:

Orioles send down Holliday, lose to the A's

That game was like the exact opposite of how you want to play against the A’s. Didn’t capitalize against their starter, Kimbrel completely bailed out their weak offense by having no control, then got themselves stuck in a bullpen battle against Miller in extras. Not recommended.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I like the Cubs, but I cannot claim to be a hardcore fan. I adore Shota Imanaga so far, as any Very Nice Man who is also a weird pitcher ranks highly in my book.

That said, I keep hearing people saying he is going to start giving up tanks Any Day Now!!! Yes, I know that was his achilles in Japan and his Hard Hit profile is pretty high. I also know pitchers with an odd delivery can take a while for batters to figure out. But if he was going to start giving up home runs, wouldn't it be happening by now?

Dude is off to one hell of a start, I'll give him that much.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Captain Log posted:

I like the Cubs, but I cannot claim to be a hardcore fan. I adore Shota Imanaga so far, as any Very Nice Man who is also a weird pitcher ranks highly in my book.

That said, I keep hearing people saying he is going to start giving up tanks Any Day Now!!! Yes, I know that was his achilles in Japan and his Hard Hit profile is pretty high. I also know pitchers with an odd delivery can take a while for batters to figure out. But if he was going to start giving up home runs, wouldn't it be happening by now?

Dude is off to one hell of a start, I'll give him that much.

Wrigley is much more forgiving to pitchers this early in the year. There's not a huge difference between "a high fly ball to deep left, Happ has room and makes the catch just in front of the warning track" and "a high fly ball to left, Happ will watch it go" and 30 degrees of temperature can absolutely make that difference.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The Brewers loving own last night's game loving owned.

Joey Ortiz got his first HR, four RBIs, and a walk off hit in extra innings.

I did not expect this team to be this fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The Toronto Blue Jays are poop from a butt. And that butt stinks. Like poop.

The starting pitching has been mostly fine, the bullpen is shallow but passable maybe(?), but man the batting is just dreadful. I dont know enough about baseball to know if its a head/batting coaching thing or if its something else. But its not even fun to watch.