Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

So it came up in the state of the forums thread that we should have funny ads for nordvpn. The site makes a bunch of money from it already but a lot of people don't know. I haven't put a banner in the rotation because their banners are pretty boring and serious. So....let's make nordvpn ads that aren't boring.

We are subject to some rules here. The banners should be 468x60 and png, gif, or jpg. By order of nordvpn's rules, we cannot use content that is "unlawful, harmful, threatening or otherwise objectionable; facilitates or promotes illegal file sharing, copyright infringement or computer hacking; facilitates or promotes any other criminal activity or breach of civil law" so let's not tempt them to kick us off. They have to be work safe if as well if that's not clear.

Here is my own entry:

I am only going to use a few of these, maybe 1-3. I think all of them will make me laugh though. If you want to do an ad and have a better chance of it being used on the site, I present an alternative:

Unregistered user ads:

These are ads for Something Awful itself. The goal is to get people who would actually enjoy it here to register by showcasing our sense of humor. They would be shown only to guests, and would all link to the "register an account" store page. I think having a pool of silly ads will be more effective in showing users what they might find here than the rather-dry forum index does by itself. They should be either 160x600 for the sidebar, or 300x250 for the "adbot" slot. We can use a bunch of these though they should still be work safe and not like....horribly off-putting in a not-funny way.

I don't want to do your job for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

euroshopper posted:

i payed for no ads, so im wondering which ones are running already

you should have just got an ad blocker.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

euroshopper posted:

i wanted to support jeff in these stressful times

I want to annoy Jeff in this stress full time

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Animal-Mother posted:

I assure you I watched this quite a few times to confirm, and I hate to say it, but, no ring.

lol

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Not real good at making funny ads, but I can give you some money

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

that is only thing we want

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost