Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Welcome to the 33rd annual Hiidenjärvi Icefishing championships. We are once again gathered to find out who is the true master of the lake. As usual everybody can submit 2 fish to be judged each day and at the end of the competition the player with the highest total weight in their judged fish will be crowned glorious champion. Now I'm sure many of you have heard the rumors that some of the eternally complaining shore residents have hired saboteurs to disturb our competition, but those are completely baseless I assure you. Just remember the new rules, no more leaving fish guts or empty beer cans on anybody's pier.

Game info

This is a mafia game for 13 players. Game days will be 48-72 hours with majority hammer. Nights will be 24ish hours, they may end a bit early or a bit late depending on my availability to resolve things.

Fishing

Each day each player has 6 time slots available to be used. These can be used to fish in the location you are in or to move to another location. At the start of the day you can choose a location to begin your day in. For example, Alpo chooses to start in location A, fish 3 times there, then move to location B and fish 2 more times there using up all of his time slots for the day.

At the end of the day each player may submit 2 different fish for the day's judging. For each species of fish the biggest submitted fish of the day will be granted a night action power as a prize and the second biggest fish will be granted a randomized item as a cobsolation prize. The fish will be judged in the order of: King of the Lake, Goldfish, Salmon, Roach, Pike, Perch, Whitefish and Zander. First place prizes will be judged first and once a player has won a prize they will be ineligible to win for the rest of the day. The powers granted are only good for the following night and if you choose not to use your power, you will lose it.

The prizes awarded for each species are:

Salmon: Doctor, at night you may target one player to protect them from one killing action tonight.

Roach: Watcher, at night you may target one player to learn every player that visited them during the night.

Pike: Tracker, at night you may target one player to learn every player that they visited during the night.

Perch: Roleblocker, at night you may target one player causing any action they attempt tonight to fail.

Whitefish: Masonry maker, at night you may target two players to create a permanent unconfirmed masonry between them. You can target yourself.

Zander: Wheel of Fortune: Are you ready to try your luck? You will gain a random power to use at the begging pf the night, the powers range from very powerful to nearly useless.

Goldfish: People have introduced goldfish to the lake by carelessly dumping their pets, the organizers will surely be grateful if you turn one of these elusive invaders in and grant you a mystery boon.

King of the Lake: There are rumors of a monstrously large fish swimming in the lake. If anybody were to catch the king they would be granted a very powerful boon.

Fishing mechanics

Each fishing spot has a separate chance of catching a fish ranging from 50 to 80%, this changes each day. Each fishing spot also has a table of odds to determine what species of fish is caught. These generally stay the same between days, some species may be exception to this and/or some effects may increase or decrease your chances of catching specific species.

Information

Each night each player will have a chance to bribe one of the locals for information about the fishing spots and behaviour of the fish, using one of the items in their posession. Each player will start with at least 2 randomized items. Some items can be consumed for an effect, but all items can be used to bribe for information.

You may submit your fishing orders all at once or separately during the day, however you must submit at least 3 orders by the first 24 hours of the day and all of them before 2 hours to deadline or they will be defaulted to fishing on the spot you are in. In case of an early hammer we will have a fishing twilight, in this case please submit all of your remaining fishing orders as soon as possible.

A map of the lake and a list of the fishing spots goes here. There will be 6 fishing spots in total.

Fishing spots are:
Location A: Hiidenmutka
Location B: Perkeleenperä
Location C: Pirunselkä
Location D: Vihulaisen notko
Location E: Saatanan syvänne
Location F: Paholaisen saari

General mafia rules

-Don't be a jerk.
-Don't edit posts
-Don't post after hammer, I may not be around to close the thread immediately
-Standard lurker rules, you'll receive a lurker warning if you have less than 10 posts in a game day. This is reduced to 5 posts if hammer is more than 12 hours before deadlinen and removed entirely if it's 24 hours or more before deadline.
-Don't copy and paste your role pm, mod communications or any masonry communications with other players.
-Don't fake day actions, if you are the target of a day action, please don't post until it has been resolved.
-Don't post if you are dead.

Rule zeroth: If you ever encounter anything or anyone who makes you feel uncomfortable, threatened, abused, angry, or even unsure of how you feel, there are many people here, both within and outside of the SA Mafia community, who are happily willing to listen, provide support, and enact change to make the community better for everyone.
Here is a short list of only some of the people that other players have suggested as a resource that you should never hesitate to contact: Leperflesh and Antivehicular (current Traditional Games Mods), VoodooFly, Hal Insandenza, Bifauxnen, Monathin, Wologar, Maerlyn, EccoRaven, CCKeane, Cloacamazing!, Opopanax, Sandwolf, Shellception, or whoever else you feel safer talking to!

Discord is required to play this game: https://discord.gg/A9CRXJpEez

Players
  1. Cloacamazing! (she/her)
  2. CubicalSucrose
  3. Hal Incandenza (he/him/hal)
  4. Ignatius M. Meen (he/him/whatever)
  5. Johnny Keats
  6. Maerlyn (she/her)
  7. Opopanax (He/him/opop)
  8. PlasticAutomaton (He/Him/Whatever)
  9. saladscooper (he/him) replaced by Tired Moritz
  10. Sandwolf (He/Him)
  11. Shellception (She/her)
  12. shwinnebego (he/him)
  13. Zoya

Substitutes
  1. Tired Moritz

Illusionis fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Apr 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
I will play this game

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I'm cool with virtual fishing (I'll finish reading the OP later)

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

looks great

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I have not and will not read the OP

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Auger.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Sure, I'll give this a shot.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sandwolf posted:

Don't give this man any fish

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Maerlyn posted:

Don't give this man any fish

No, but teach me to fish, and, well….

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

What a stinkywolf

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I will catch the King of the Lake and also all the goldfish

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I have trained fishing in all the JRPGs ever, you people are going down!

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

FEESH

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Illusionis posted:

Each day each player has 6 time slots available to be used. These can be used to fish in the location you are in or to move to another location. At the start of the day you can choose a location to begin your day in. For example, Stinkywolf chooses to start in location A, fish 3 times there, then move to location B and fish 2 more times there using up all of his time slots for the day.

Lol. Also, let's do this.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Shellception posted:

lmao, fukken owned

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Sandwolf posted:

lmao, fukken owned

Thing is, that name wasn't there when OP went up lol

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Shellception posted:

I'm not sure if Stinkywolf would be a fish repellant or bait

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Shellception posted:

Thing is, that name wasn't there when OP went up lol

I see you Illusionis!!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

I see you Illusionis!!

Made you read the OP!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'll apply as a sub if needed.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

fish

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

one time, i went fishin'

i wen't fishin', and cast my line 'pon the open seas

and i got... a bite

a bite upon the op'en seas

i reeled and i reeled and i struggled with all my might, against those mighty waves, against my aquatic foe

and i...

i prevailed.

but what i pulled out from within those murky depths.....

tweren't no fish at all

not a fish. but a MAN.

a man named JOHNATHAN.

and that's the story of how i met johnny keats

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Owie thanks for getting me out of there, I am not buoyant

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
We are full, still need you on discord Opop. I'm going to try to get everything set up to start as soon as possible, but it will likely take until Tuesday due to the holiday.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Welcome to the first day of the 33rd annual Hiidenjärvi icefishing championship everybody. We have a wonderful sunny early Spring day to enjoy, to fish and most of all have fun fishing. Remember everybody you can only fish in the designated spots this year, due to some unfortunate happenings last year, so please be mindful of that. Now we know there have been some rumours going around about potential cheating, I would like to remind you that if you have any accusations or proof, please present it to the judges. We are not in the practice of mob justice here. Lastly we would like to address some accusations that have been floating around. We the judges can assure you that we would never make comments about the odour of any competitor even if they were a stinky person with a disregard for learning the rules.

Day 1 has begun. The deadline is currently set for Wednesday 23 pm UTC+3

Any fishing orders won't be handled before Tuesday.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (13): Cloacamazing!, CubicalSucrose, Hal Incandenza, Ignatius M. Meen, Johnny Keats, Maerlyn, Opopanax, PlasticAutomaton, saladscooper, Sandwolf, Shellception, shwinnebego, Zoya

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 03rd, 2024 at 11 p.m. EEST -- that's in about 2 days, 5 hours.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

:madmax: I'm ready to fish the poo poo out of these ponds!

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
is anyone here a pisces

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

saladscooper posted:

is anyone here a pisces

Me, but in my experience also like 1/4 or so of the forums are too. March is a very unoriginal month to be born, it seems.

(once played a 13 players game that ran through my birthday, someone else's birthday in the same day, someone else's the day before, the mod the day after, and yet someone else a couple days later, and I think I'm forgetting one...)

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I am a July baby and hence a Leo. Rawr. Natural fish enemy here.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Sorry Shell and anyone else who's a Pisces

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

All I am saying is, it's a bad month to say "I won't vote someone out on their birthday"

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Sorry Shell and anyone else who's a Pisces

What is a lion doing up in an icy lake anyway?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Shellception posted:

All I am saying is, it's a bad month to say "I won't vote someone out on their birthday"

:lmao: Duly noted!

Shellception posted:

What is a lion doing up in an icy lake anyway?

Look I heard there were fish to eat here and I was hungry.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

thinkin' of buyin' a new fishin' cap, what'cha'll think 'bout it?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

A mafia game starting on April Fool's seems like a prank to all of us.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Oh my the lore on this game goes surprisingly hard.

https://pp2.propilkki.net/en/front-page/

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

CubicalSucrose posted:

Oh my the lore on this game goes surprisingly hard.

https://pp2.propilkki.net/en/front-page/

Didn't know this was a videogame, lol. Not gonna lie, this does sound like fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

saladscooper posted:

is anyone here a pisces

I am, and also a February birthday, so get wrecked She’ll