Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Sandwolf posted:

I am, and also a February birthday, so get wrecked She’ll

First, I know. Second, wtf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Shellception posted:

First, I know. Second, wtf?

The autocorrect or the antagonism? The autocorrect is endless, I am constantly having to edit your name from “she will” contraction to your name. The antagonism was just a joke you know I love you very much friend <3

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

saladscooper posted:

is anyone here a pisces

Yes!

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sandwolf posted:

I am, and also a February birthday, so get wrecked She’ll

I'm older than you, you get wrecked

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Sandwolf posted:

The autocorrect or the antagonism? The autocorrect is endless, I am constantly having to edit your name from “she will” contraction to your name. The antagonism was just a joke you know I love you very much friend <3

Oh dw, I've embraced the She'll life. As per the antagonism, I was mostly wondered what I'd done to offend February birthday havers, which is a collective I usually have no problems with, but you never know lol

... they call us Legion, for we are many...

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
I'm going to fish Spot E all 6 of my D1 attempts.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The (fake) offense was done by assuming all Pisces were March-introductions!!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

CubicalSucrose posted:

I'm going to fish Spot E all 6 of my D1 attempts.

I briefly wanted to fish on spots A, B, B, A, but it kind of seemed like a waste of a spot.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Maerlyn posted:

I'm older than you, you get wrecked

My mama told me never to talk about women’s ages!

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

FYI I will only refer to fishing locations as A - F and not the given names.

Otherwise it's gonna be a Kukretsha situation where I never check the spelling and just wing it every time.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Can someone tell me the very last possible moment I should read the op so as to maximize my annoying Illu

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

The (fake) offense was done by assuming all Pisces were March-introductions!!

Not all Pisces are March, but all March are Pisces nope that doesn't work either.

Sogh. I accept the duel. See you behind the cemetary walls tomorrow at 9 am. You bring the weapons, I bring the cookies.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Maerlyn posted:

FYI I will only refer to fishing locations as A - F and not the given names.

Otherwise it's gonna be a Kukretsha situation where I never check the spelling and just wing it every time.

Wait, the locations have names?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Shellception posted:

Yes -

Fishing spots are:
Location A: Hiidenmutka
Location B: Perkeleenperä
Location C: Pirunselkä
Location D: Vihulaisen notko
Location E: Saatanan syvänne
Location F: Pahoilaisen saari

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Shellception posted:

They do now, map still a placeholder.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

Can someone tell me the very last possible moment I should read the op so as to maximize my annoying Illu

23 hours from whenever the game opened.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I got that from the OP so Sand isn't allowed to read it yet

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Maerlyn posted:

Yes -

Fishing spots are:
Location A: Hiidenmutka
Location B: Perkeleenperä
Location C: Pirunselkä
Location D: Vihulaisen notko
Location F: Pahoilaisen saari

Uhhh ok, yeah I'm good with letters I think...

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Also re, Spot B: isn't Perkele an interjection/swearword? 'cause translator is telling me -enperä translates to "doesn't matter", so is the place called like "Ohshiforgetit" or what

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Maerlyn posted:

This one means "drat you"?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Other translation hits (re-translated from Spanish for maximum accuracy):

Spot A: Coal Bent
Spot C: Devil's Sword
Spot D: Enemy's Bow
Spot E: Satan's Abbyss
Spot F: Devil's Island

... this is a peaceful game of fishing, right...?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

##vote Hal

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Shellception posted:

Also re, Spot B: isn't Perkele an interjection/swearword? 'cause translator is telling me -enperä translates to "doesn't matter", so is the place called like "Ohshiforgetit" or what

Ok, Spot B seem to be "Devil's Lover"

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Spanish ran out of different ways of translating demon/satan/devil I guess.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Cool role PM

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

So whats the fishing action?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Born to fish, world is a gently caress.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Did you know the Finnish term for “fishing” actually loosely translates into English as “line baiting”?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
You guys. I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna fullclaim D1. Don't try to stop me. I'm claiming. I'm gonna claim right now.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Are you ready for this?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think so?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I'm a fisher.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Are you a fisher of men?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Currently I'm a fisher of dogs, at least until the guy learns that when I call his name, he should come here even if there's something mildly interesting to sniff where he's currently standing. So we're reeling him in a lot when other people pass by.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Other than that I would consider myself a fisher of whitefish and zander.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I'm a little surprised people are publicly declaring their fishing activities in the thread, I don't see any indication that that's required right now.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Confirmed, they don't need to be publicly shared to count. Probably not gonna make a difference rn so no worries but lol.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
By the way, as of today, weed is legal in Germany.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I'm a little surprised people are publicly declaring their fishing activities in the thread, I don't see any indication that that's required right now.

I mean... why not?

I did get an "affinity" which afaict is completely random, which tells me some spots are more prone to yielding a particular fish. Assuming I was interested on that particular fish, I'd still have to hit 'em spots, and manage to get the biggest fish for it to even count. Unless affinities somehow repeat over players (and I don't really have a reason to think they would, like, mine is kinda specific, why wouldn't the others be?) I can't see anyone deducing why I'd pick, say, Spots C, F and A.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

I like striped shirts, btw. It's like, my whole personality. So I assume I'm the life of the party.