Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
I guess I'm also struggling to hear Scum!Sand and that's part of why I'm iffy on him. This definitely isn't a clear, but ugh.

But man, I really don't get what logic are you using to excuse Moritz from not using his action in any verifiable way on a night with a doc at large and also saying Sand is totally it because he was roleblocked.

It's the same drat case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Upside: we are doing well. We have at least three kills before losing. And unless we all fail at fishing, we're almost guaranteed to have town power roles at large. If we gently caress up executions we can check suspicious people at night, unless scum just nokill all nights we're bound to see something. If they nokill all nights we get four exes, so we gotta do really bad to gently caress it up.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Shellception posted:

Upside: we are doing well. We have at least three kills before losing. And unless we all fail at fishing, we're almost guaranteed to have town power roles at large. If we gently caress up executions we can check suspicious people at night, unless scum just nokill all nights we're bound to see something. If they nokill all nights we get four exes, so we gotta do really bad to gently caress it up.

Which is why it’s not such a big deal if I die, the final scum are extremely between (probably) binus and TMor. I have a feeling Plas is the dumdum being pocketed, which means as long as I live he’ll be playing anti-town.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

Which is why it’s not such a big deal if I die, the final scum are extremely between (probably) binus and TMor. I have a feeling Plas is the dumdum being pocketed, which means as long as I live he’ll be playing anti-town.

I'm gonna stick to my guns of scum being between TMor, Plas or Hal unless anyone can point out that I made a logic mistake somewhere, in which case I'll shut up. Claims don't add up and that doesn't involve neither you nor binus.

And the thing is, much as Plastic and I haven't seen eye to eye this game, and I've been pinged by him past days, right now that he's playing seriously I don't see Scum!Plas. And if it's Hal pulling a multi-day gambit with fake theft included, I dunno what else to say, tbh.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Like, if you asked me right now, and assuming we learn exactly zero from sucessive night actions, I'd say go TMor, then Sand and if game doesn't end, then Plastic, and if there is one more day after that I dunno you all solve it and I hope I die before that lol

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote TMor if he flips town tho I go back to binus, I also get relatively towny vibes from Plas here all things considered

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Shellception posted:

Like, if you asked me right now, and assuming we learn exactly zero from sucessive night actions, I'd say go TMor, then Sand and if game doesn't end, then Plastic, and if there is one more day after that I dunno you all solve it and I hope I die before that lol

You’ve got binus in a blind spot :/

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

You’ve got binus in a blind spot :/

No. I've got binus in the same logic spot as you. Neither shwinn nor you could be lying D1 without there being four scums, and if that's the case we're way more hosed IMO.

You being second is mostly pragmatism. We eliminate both cases that could have caused people to be blocked off a kill.

Do I believe it? No. No I do not. But I'm not infallible and if I am wrong, I am wrong and other people could be right.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Regardless kinda feels like no one else cares where is everyone

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

Yea I feared I had killed the game with the logicposts but it's actually been dead for a good while.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Sandwolf posted:

My brother in mafia you have spent three days trying to block us from lunching both flipped scum.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
If the game doesn’t end with a sandwolf lunch I will vote tm tomorrow. Followed by Hal.

If the remaining scum really decided to withhold a kill at this point in the game… man that would be nuts.

Is there any scenario where cube is scum?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

PlasticAutomaton posted:

My brother in mafia you have spent three days trying to block us from lunching both flipped scum.

This just isn’t true argh. Yes I was wrong on Zoya D1. Yes, I was originally hesitant of Cube’s extremely neat gotcha on hambeet at first. But to act as if I’ve been arguing against eliminating scum just feels like an inaccurate reading. But this kind of conviction is why I think I need to be killed last night.

Don’t worry! My consolation is being haughty in obs chat!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

last night, lol, tonight, today. Also don’t know why I keep referring to day phases as the night time.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Like that's the biggest thing of this entire game. Forget mechanics for a moment, think about how the interplay has gone. Sand swerved us off Zoya D1 at the last minute with the blatant scum excuse of "wow the votes on Zoya came quick." He shot Opop instead of any his actual scum reads N1. He stalled for as long as he could to try and discredit Cube catching Beet at the kill on D2. He never once voted Zoya on D3 and kept trying to get us to lunch Tmor instead. Sand has been playing dumb about fish mechanics this entire game and now that his rear end is finally cornered, he suddenly wants to have a big discussion on that because it's the only thing that gives him a way out and it kills discussion because no one wants to think about fish math.

I just do not think Shell's second place salmon theory is helpful at the moment. There's three theories of the game that could be true in my mind.

A. I blocked Sandwolf from killing last night.
B. Tmor got blocked from killing Shell.
C. The presumably lone scum withheld and it's Binus who is playing me.

If I'm being played then you know what, fair game, but I feel like everything that's transpired in this game is straight out of scum sand's playbook and if I'm wrong, well, you can be smug at me in post game chat.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

##vote: Sand

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I haven't gotten much of a scum vibe from Sandwolf, but he hasn't been townie either, just mostly upset that people were sharing info too much for reasons that weren't clear.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Like that's the biggest thing of this entire game. Forget mechanics for a moment, think about how the interplay has gone. Sand swerved us off Zoya D1 at the last minute with the blatant scum excuse of "wow the votes on Zoya came quick." He shot Opop instead of any his actual scum reads N1. He stalled for as long as he could to try and discredit Cube catching Beet at the kill on D2. He never once voted Zoya on D3 and kept trying to get us to lunch Tmor instead. Sand has been playing dumb about fish mechanics this entire game and now that his rear end is finally cornered, he suddenly wants to have a big discussion on that because it's the only thing that gives him a way out and it kills discussion because no one wants to think about fish math.

I just do not think Shell's second place salmon theory is helpful at the moment. There's three theories of the game that could be true in my mind.

A. I blocked Sandwolf from killing last night.
B. Tmor got blocked from killing Shell.
C. The presumably lone scum withheld and it's Binus who is playing me.

If I'm being played then you know what, fair game, but I feel like everything that's transpired in this game is straight out of scum sand's playbook and if I'm wrong, well, you can be smug at me in post game chat.

Oh I had not seen this post. Yeah it is probably Sandwolf

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I actually have very little interest in engaging w/ Plas’ argument because I see it, but I know it’s wrong, but I think some (not naming names) silly town are going to lose the game off of it if I’m not taken out sooner rather than later.

Not voting myself I don’t do that etc also this allows me to go “haw haw obvi it was binus/TMor” post game and feel that sweet sweet sense of superiority.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Shellception posted:

No. I've got binus in the same logic spot as you. Neither shwinn nor you could be lying D1 without there being four scums, and if that's the case we're way more hosed IMO.

This point I don't really follow

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh I had not seen this post. Yeah it is probably Sandwolf

Well, Shell, look at that, you’re one of the few who can soulread me !!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I actually have very little interest in engaging w/ Plas’ argument because I see it, but I know it’s wrong, but I think some (not naming names) silly town are going to lose the game off of it if I’m not taken out sooner rather than later.

Not voting myself I don’t do that etc also this allows me to go “haw haw obvi it was binus/TMor” post game and feel that sweet sweet sense of superiority.

I could see it being any of you/tmor/binus at this point, but probably less binus because I withholding seems a bit less likely

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

I could see it being any of you/tmor/binus at this point, but probably less binus because I withholding seems a bit less likely

FASTER PUSSYCAT, KILL! KILL!!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I am now fully expecting to get to obs and it’s, idk, Cube or something

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

I'm not going Sand today, unless you can explain how it's possible that we had no second prize salmon, no pike and no zander D1 and only Opop's death and Zoya's lies to account for three fish.

If you don't think that's useful, explain it.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Otherwise, tl;dr means I'm not changing tracks either, sorry.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Sandwolf posted:

Want to actually fish math before posting anything else super involved, and haven't had the time to do that yet. I did check deadline and we've got a little while, not that we need to or should necessarily wait though.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Shellception posted:

I'm not going Sand today, unless you can explain how it's possible that we had no second prize salmon, no pike and no zander D1 and only Opop's death and Zoya's lies to account for three fish.

If you don't think that's useful, explain it.

Is it possible there was a fish type that only got one submitted total and no one could win second place? Or have you already disproven that possibility. It couldn't be a Salmon because I did submit one of those.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Illusionis on Zoya's PM posted:

Anything to win At the end of each day you can target a player to steal their biggest fish

What I am starting to be sure happened D1:

Opop fished one of Zander or Pike. We don't know which one.

Hal had a salmon stolen. By Zoya's PM, that's his biggest fish.

Beet won Second Place Roach.

Zoya won Second Place Salmon. Hal's salmon could never be bigger than Zoya's.

Hal lost second place with Roach and Salmon. They were taken by beet and Zoya.

And either:

TMor is lying. He had the First Place Pike that we don't know where it went. Plastic is telling the truth. He won Second Place Pike. One liar.

Or:

Plastic is lying. He won First Place Pike. TMor is telling the truth. He won nothing as both Salmon prizes were taken. Again, one liar.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Hal Incandenza posted:

Is it possible there was a fish type that only got one submitted total and no one could win second place? Or have you already disproven that possibility. It couldn't be a Salmon because I did submit one of those.

It is. The problem with Salmon is that both TMor and you claim to have submitted one, and none of you claim to have won anything.

Zoya could have submitted yours, and won second place, but then, one of you three should have won with the unclaimed Pike or Zander. No one had that. And none of you three did. Where is the missing fish?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Didn’t Zoya steal Hal’s salmon?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

nvm I really can only barely follow the logic puzzle of fishing im just not

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

Didn’t Zoya steal Hal’s salmon?

Yeah. But there is a gray space where we dunno if it was her biggest fish.

If it was, Hal and TMor could have gotten nothing, leaving platsic to be the liar, or one could have gotten nothing and the other got the other fish that's missing, so plastic tells the truth.

If it was not, either Hal or TMor had to have won second place, and one of the two lies.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If only TMor was actually playing this game

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

##vote TMor gently caress it. I'm starting to get a bit more stubborn than I should but I'm also pretty sure this is the answer. If no one sees it, then so be it.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Hal Incandenza posted:

This point I don't really follow

As long as there are unaccounted for fish on D1, the only way people with an accounted for action could be lying is if they had the stuff that it's missing instead. And Sand, particularly, did not, because his vig was pretty much unfakeable. If Sand is scum, and also someone is lying D1, we have four scum.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

If I'm wrong somewhere then I'll shut up and vote on my other reads instead of logicking away. Which isn't impossible. I can miss poo poo, I do all the time.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

But if youbdon't want to follow all that poo poo, I'm not gonna blame you. I am still voting on the person who didn't use a jail anywhere, while supposedly town, on a night where there was a doc action and a missing kill.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
It was also a bit weird to try and double-submit Salmon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Shellception posted:

As long as there are unaccounted for fish on D1, the only way people with an accounted for action could be lying is if they had the stuff that it's missing instead. And Sand, particularly, did not, because his vig was pretty much unfakeable. If Sand is scum, and also someone is lying D1, we have four scum.

Oh yeah ok that makes sense