Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

mediaphage posted:

spouse is sick so i made some chicken soup and never considered that the purple carrots would act like a red t-shirt in the laundry and dye the entire pot of soup...mauve

lol I did that once with some minestrone looked super weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
this weekend is filled with ripping dvds and blu-rays and putting them on our new plex server, which golly gosh feels like magic to me

of greatest import is that i've finally got my hands on an extremely obscure movie that we happen to love. bought it on ebay from some greek dude who obviously burned a dvd and inkjet printed the case art, and you know what, thank you so much greek dude because i'm pretty sure this movie never had an official dvd release and i'm too incompetent to do a decent vhs transfer myself. 5 stars 4 u

(if you're curious about the movie, it's the arrogant, starring gary graham and sylvia kristel and made on a shoestring budget for the playboy channel in 1988. if you like bad and/or inexplicable movies, this one has a flavor all its own and i heartily recommend it. just try to imagine a very french philosophical meditation on truth and fidelity, awkwardly translated into stilted english, and arranged loosely over a bizarre, dreamlike motorcycle adventure in the american southwest. a limousine chases people up a tree!)

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I got a lifetime Plex pass early in its life and it has been very very good for me. Great job getting your collection built!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

plex is awesome just for making sure the kids never see a commercial or a show I don’t want them to watch. it’s utility for me is a bonus!!

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
basically didn’t work on Friday except for meetings. went and dug up a ton of daffodils from a lady’s yard, split them up, and planted them all over the swale.

same thing today with day lilies.

installed a new post on the corner of the new patio and reinstalled the string lights.

Started digging out the grill pad area.

and mowed the yard. time to smoke a bowl after the kids are in bed.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Mar 31, 2024

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Video Nasty posted:

I got a lifetime Plex pass early in its life and it has been very very good for me. Great job getting your collection built!

getting the entire mst3k collection on there now :getin:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Silver Alicorn posted:

hope you feel better soon
ty. feeling a little better, even got some long-overdue exercise in

(ten minutes of beat saber on normal and i'm dying. pretty frustrating. one of these days i hope i find a way to stay on the wagon that actually works and isn't horribly depressing by the fourth or fifth workout...)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

mediaphage posted:

spouse is sick so i made some chicken soup and never considered that the purple carrots would act like a red t-shirt in the laundry and dye the entire pot of soup...mauve
nice, now replenishes both health and mana

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ciaphas posted:

weekend! still feeling under the weather tho :(

felt a little off thursday, full head cold friday, turned into a sinus infection overnight. blurrrmmm. glad i have some good sudafed in the medicine cabinet

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

graph posted:

felt a little off thursday, full head cold friday, turned into a sinus infection overnight. blurrrmmm. glad i have some good sudafed in the medicine cabinet
gross. hope that turns the corner soon

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

how is it already so late, gently caress,

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ciaphas posted:

gross. hope that turns the corner soon

guh same. poo poo was so bad earlier that swallowing was causing a suction vacuum

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Jesus Jones died for your sins :cool:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
woke up early, around 430 so im having a pre coffee (instant coffee so i dont wake the spouse / birds) before my 730 coffee

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

mediaphage posted:

woke up early, around 430 so im having a pre coffee (instant coffee so i dont wake the spouse / birds) before my 730 coffee

have you considered investing in a bripe?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

knox_harrington posted:

have you considered investing in a bripe?

i think that would have to be a gift, i cant bring myself to spend money on it

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

spouse wants a gaming pc for the living room and i think i like this

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

mediaphage posted:

The Hardware Canucks guys liked the mid-tower a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsfDV8ImqFw

but had a few issues with the full tower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VenT4_MKfYo

also cws: made my stir-fry rice with shrimp and bacon / chicken strips and it came out exceptionally well today, there's still an almost-full wok left and I suspect I will be dipping into it with a fork whenever I have "reason" to pass by the kitchen (one of the things I like best about rice dishes is that they almost always work acceptably well cold as well as cooked-hot)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
cws: dim sum was :yum:

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

mediaphage posted:

fractal design north rules. if I wasn’t so sff-pilled it’s the case I’d probably be using

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

The Hardware Canucks guys liked the mid-tower a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsfDV8ImqFw

but had a few issues with the full tower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VenT4_MKfYo

also cws: made my stir-fry rice with shrimp and bacon / chicken strips and it came out exceptionally well today, there's still an almost-full wok left and I suspect I will be dipping into it with a fork whenever I have "reason" to pass by the kitchen (one of the things I like best about rice dishes is that they almost always work acceptably well cold as well as cooked-hot)

yeah thankfully they have chapter marks because im not watching ten minutes of computer case video. the problems with the xl seem pretty minor, not enough not to get it i think. $249 isn't the worst but it's probably the most i've ever spent on a case lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

the other option is to cheap out and go loud but effective cooling and design and leave the computer in the basement; this is more feasible than you'd think since the living room sits directly on top of the network equipment area so running a cable wouldn't be that big of a deal (we'd have to do it anyway to run ethernet)

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I am watching my beloved North London Football Cannons take on the dastardly Manchester Noels Gallagher

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

gotta run to the grocery store and get a ham then let it sit in the oven all afternoon and get baked and play video games :cool:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
that’s gonna be a lot of daffodils and lilies.

Had a fire last night and the wind blew some embers into the straw over the grass seed by the patio. oops.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm thinking about breakfast

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

knox_harrington posted:

two landslides have taken out the only roads up to the top of the valley where I am. hope they manage to get a path cleared soon!

one of the roads is clear. this is helpful in that the family arriving for their holiday with us won't have to camp out on the mountain. still kinda stormy though

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

mediaphage posted:

the other option is to cheap out and go loud but effective cooling and design and leave the computer in the basement; this is more feasible than you'd think since the living room sits directly on top of the network equipment area so running a cable wouldn't be that big of a deal (we'd have to do it anyway to run ethernet)

i did this at my old house with the htpc. and i literally just 10 minutes ago finished putting together another computer for my current house that's gonna sit in the basement utility room and run hdmi/usb up to the living room right above it. it's a good idea.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

just put in my notice that i'm going to be moving out of my apartment. very bittersweet moment, i love this neighborhood

fortunately my dad is making a lamb hot pot tonight so that ought to keep me cheery

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I messed up my back moving beds (rip office) so i took a muscle relaxer and now im high as hell. my back feels good though.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Good bug killing with pals in helldivers and now time for ham :)

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
so much UI work

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

thanks whoever posted the fractal design video. that case rules, and I’ve been a little annoyed about finding a case to replace my full tower but that will still fit a Corsair H110 cpu water cooler + a 3080ti ftw3.

i have a 2.5ft tall gigantic rear end coolermaster lol

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Elder Postsman posted:

and i literally just 10 minutes ago finished putting together another computer

it doesn't boot because the new motherboard (a520 chipset) is not compatible with my old cpu (ryzen 5 1600) lmao

it's fine. i have a older motherboard that IS compatible with the 1600 in this pc, and the cpu in this pc works with the a520 board so i just have to swap things around tomorrow.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

i have a 2.5ft tall gigantic rear end coolermaster lol

yeah my main pc is still in a big stupid coolermaster centurion 5 i've been using since 2005. i got a new case for this one i just built and it's the first time i've actually built a pc in a new case since 2005 and, drat, they've gotten really nice.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

finished horizon forbidden west then exercised agian. blurgh. it'll be nice if/when i get to the point i'm not hyperventilating for like 5 minutes afterward i'll say that much

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

the weekend is too drat short

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Ciaphas posted:

the weekend is too drat short

jesus christ is it ever

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
it's technically not the weekend over here anymore but it is still a public holiday (easter monday whatever that is)

ten years ago today i landed in hk; gonna celebrate with a fancy meal somewhere but haven't decided where yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

wait a minute, where did my whole day go