Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGGKtSIQhFU

Spice & Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf is an adaptation of the Spice & Wolf light novel series written by Isuna Hasekura and illustrated by Juu Ayakura. The show, set in a fictional world inspired by medieval Europe, follows a traveling merchant who comes into the company of an incarnation of an ancient wolf god, accompanying her to her homeland while also doing Capitalism.

Wait, wasn't this already an anime?

Okay, yeah. The series originally had an adaptation from 2008-2009 that's considered to be quite excellent. Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf is intended as a reboot of the series, restarting the adaptation from the beginning. This is partly because it's been 15 years (a long time!) since the end of the second season of the original, and the original skipped a volume of the LNs that proved to be critical to the ending of the series, oops.

Despite being produced by Passione, a different studio than the original, the new series retains the director of the original series, Takeo Takahashi, and the original voice actors for the two leads are also returning.

Characters

Kraft Lawrence (Jun Fukuyama)

A merchant who travels from town to town trading, buying, and selling various goods. His dream is to make enough money from his business to settle down and open his own store. He takes pride in his business sense and prioritizes profit above most else.

Holo (Ami Koshimizu)
A wolf spirit from a land to the north, she long ago settled down in the village of Pasloe and became the community's harvest goddess. After centuries of waning belief, she desires to return to her home, stowing away in Lawrence's cart and eventually becoming his business partner in the process. Being long lived, she has an old fashioned way of speech that alienates some.

Spice & Wolf will be streamed on Crunchyroll outside Asia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Don't think CR has announced what dubs they're doing this season yet, but yeah would love to see Tatum and Palencia back

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://x.com/SuperGroupiesUS/status/1777148472623509838

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

It's true

Hey you put your signature in your actual post, didn't know if you noticed