Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Nate RFB posted:

Very interesting choice of an opening scene to set as a framing device for the whole story.

I’ll admit, as a reader of the LN and spinoff, having Myuri show up in episode 1 was a really unexpected treat. They are one of my favorite characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

The folks saying the original is better are out of their minds.

https://twitter.com/cloudynyxx/status/1779994668207341930?t=auTvwsa8PUo_aFfQHjGsEw&s=19

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Spicy Wolf continues to rock.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

Holo does not really hide or obfuscate how she feels about Lawrence at all it's all pretty much out in the open from the get go, and vice versa. The tension in the relationship instead comes from both of them being intimately aware of the disparity in their lifespans and how both of them don't know how they will be able to cross that bridge when they get there.

That and they have two wildly different end goals. Holo, to return to her home in Yoitsu, and Lawrence to settle down somewhere in human lands and open a shop.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I think Holo's behavior in the (new) anime has stayed pretty true to how it is in the LN.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

The introduction of the shepherd begins one of my favorite arcs in S&W! I'm looking forward to it.

Agreed on that. I was really excited to see the shepherdess in the OP and I really enjoyed this part of the LN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Knot My President! posted:

I can't find any solid answers online-- is the remake going to be 1:1 to the original release or at some point will it incorporate more plot from the books (which I haven't read)?

I just finished the original a few days ago and I'm stoked to see this, however given the remake-ness of the remake I am unsure of whether to hold off for a while haha

The original anime skipped an entire LN's content that is super-duper relevant for stuff later in the series. This one does not appear to be doing that. So yes there should be "new" content, and it will be better setup to continue the story in later seasons.