Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

i dunno how much i like the new look of the show but im glad it seems like theyre doing the whole unabridged series. the ED with Ayakara Juu art is cute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The Kevin Penkin soundtrack is good too

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The pacing isn't too different I felt, it had to be a little faster to fit the new flash forward at the start, but otherwise the old show and new show end on the exact same line.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Watching 2008 ep1 again Chloe and the romantic tension with her definitely creates a different dynamic for the whole intro, there's more familiarity. there between Lawrence and Pasloe, which does heighten the dramatic tension for future events. Though I don't mind Yarei's "Yo, gently caress Holo" making Pasloe seem colder, since it creates sympathy for Holo, why she would want to leave the village, and is good reason for Lawrence to bring her along. Well it'll remain to be seen how the pacing goes along now that it can probably slow down a bit with the immediate intro out of the way

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Some very nice character animation and expressions for Holo this episode. I do wish Lawrence was as expressive too, though. That's what stands out to me when comparing it to 2008.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

i shrimply do not watch the dub

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah that was a very good bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Knot My President! posted:

I can't find any solid answers online-- is the remake going to be 1:1 to the original release or at some point will it incorporate more plot from the books (which I haven't read)?

I just finished the original a few days ago and I'm stoked to see this, however given the remake-ness of the remake I am unsure of whether to hold off for a while haha

I don't think there's been any official word on that, though I presume that since they used the dude in Pasloe instead of the 2008 anime original Chloe, they're gonna stick more closely to the books. Though that doesn't really matter for this first season, since there's no real differences in the old season 1 anime plot and the books. Where it will matter will be if they make a season 2, because in that case we can expect volume 4 to be adapted. This volume was skipped in the 2008 anime, so if they adapt this time it would replace the second half of season 2 and make that totally new.