Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

alright i'm one of the seven people on this planet who hasn't seen the original even though i've meant to for a while, coming into this with a fresh set of eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

crossposting meself

symbolic posted:

bizarre to me that the general consensus for S&W remake here so far is "mid" even among people who haven't watched the original, since i came off the first episode with a very positive impression. i'm very intrigued about the world and how the pair are going to navigate it and i thought the animation was really nice, plus it's prime time for non-isekai fantasy after the massive success of Frieren and Dungeon Meshi

also just saw it's two-cour, hell yeah

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Clarste posted:

I thought the pacing felt a little rushed in a way that's hard to describe since it's not like there was a whole lot happening at any given moment. Just felt like they were trying to get through each scene as fast as possible without giving anything room to breathe? Even what should be a relaxed conversation felt urgent somehow.

i mean I felt like there was a ton of info getting laid out at once which, whatever, first episode, but i genuinely did not think the pacing was rushed in the way you described

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ep 2 finished and i'm now feeling these vibes hardcore. still haven't checked out the original to compare but honestly not really feeling the need to now

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

it's not the original so it's mid, sorry

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ep 3 down, i'm still extremely on board with the vibe. i can understand why some people might find it boring but those people are NPCs so who cares. Holo showing her true saleswoman side was wonderful.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

well we've got hella stakes now, and it's appreciated. holo's monologue about loneliness was appropriately despair-inducing. definitely detecting more animation stiffness but i can overlook it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fluffdaddy posted:

I never watched the original but this show is really good

hear hear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fluffdaddy posted:

yes, as someone who has never watched the original, their relationship is just pleasant to watch.