Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 16 days!)

Oh good don’t have to wait another week for personal top 3 anime of the season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

shows definitely lacks a bit of polish and shine on the art compared to the older anime.
but the charm of the banter seems retained, and the bgm fits well. The chemistry does seem stronger right off the start.
Looking forward to how they handle the first arc.

I expected the 2008 anime original stand-in to be replaced with the more accurate source material character, but still sad to see her absent. RIP Chloe, you live on in our memories.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

gonna be interesting to see reactions to the volume they cut out since it won't be under a shadow of the old show and be 100% the studios piece.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

just means we want more, should have been a 2-3episode release at start situation (only just cause I wanna see more)

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Could use more close up shots.
Having to see Holo try to smack fleas from a distance is a disservice.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Never had goat-cheese on potatoe.
or goat-anything really. Good choking on potato count, and aggressive potato chewing.

I think they did the last scene in ep2 very well
Holo overstepping her teasing about wolves killing humans without thinking and making Lawrence mad. They didn't really focus on this part in the older show and quickly moved on, but it felt they let it hang for a bit longer and gave it more weight.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

watching original S&W in dub though lol

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

episode 3 covered a lot of ground.
lots of my favorite scenes.
the apples, the market, the coin change guy

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Dub and Wolf

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

one thing the new version does better is it better shows Holo actually misses her role in the village and didn't leave just leave on a whim, and wonders if anyone remembers her

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Spice & Wolf ep4

Good chase scene. The conversation before Holo and Lawrence before they split up was good. The two haven't actually spent much time together, so they don't really have a reason to fully trust eachother. But they did a good job of both opening a bit up to eachother.

Some of the character models still look a bit off at times, but at least most of the episode was at night, so it was a bit more hidden.

I forget if the original had cold opens, but they're making strong use of them here.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Nate RFB posted:

It's true

lol that so random for her to just start doing a little hand and ear dance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy