Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Big fan of both the original show and books so looking forward to this, though I do feel/fear that they are going to go at it at a much faster pace than the more languid rate the original show did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Very interesting choice of an opening scene to set as a framing device for the whole story.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I liked it (especially the opening scene's schick) but I do think the original show's change from Yarei to Chloe (who does make a brief cameo here!) worked a little better than this. New show kind of makes Lawrence's trip into Pasloe feel a little colder/less meaningful going back to Yarei. Which won't mean as much now that the two main chars are on the road honestly though.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Apr 2, 2024

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
So far they're pretty much 1:1 with the 2008 show's pacing which is mostly what I was worried about.

Also some of the artistic choices in the first episode aside I think I'm growing the look of the new show watching it and '08 back to back.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I like some of the wolf aspects they're playing up more in this version like the tail bushing up, the original usually didn't bother other than piping in growling sounds.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

It's true

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Holo does not really hide or obfuscate how she feels about Lawrence at all it's all pretty much out in the open from the get go, and vice versa. The tension in the relationship instead comes from both of them being intimately aware of the disparity in their lifespans and how both of them don't know how they will be able to cross that bridge when they get there.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Hey, the guy said the line!

It's like coming home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
My main fear with this release was whether they were going to speed up the pacing since modern LN adaptations usually go through volumes in fewer episodes than they did 15 years ago, but at least the first arc it's been more or less 1:1 with every episode ending in the same places. Does not mean they will retain that pace all the way through but it's nice so far.