Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I did an infinity siege and had a heck of a time funneling my mules to come with me in the cargo ship when it left. I lost one mule to an enemy attack and it dropped all its cargo so I wasn't able to extract the red XEN I saw since I couldn't get another mule out to it in time before I called in the evac. That's disappointing, but I think I have a handle on the first infinity siege level now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hyper Inferno posted:

I did an infinity siege and had a heck of a time funneling my mules to come with me in the cargo ship when it left. I lost one mule to an enemy attack and it dropped all its cargo so I wasn't able to extract the red XEN I saw since I couldn't get another mule out to it in time before I called in the evac. That's disappointing, but I think I have a handle on the first infinity siege level now.

Wait

You can just dump poo poo into the dropship and it'll count for looting?

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
If the mules have stuff in their inventory and they're in the airship with you when you extract, their inventory gets extracted too. The animation shows the mules staying put and clipping through the floor but their stuff comes with you. But the mule pathfinding is really really picky and a lot of them got stuck on a little ridge to the upper left of the dropship on the first infinity siege stage.

Reminds me a bit of Doretta from Deep Rock Galatic. The pack mules are surprisingly adorable.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Hyper Inferno posted:

If the mules have stuff in their inventory and they're in the airship with you when you extract, their inventory gets extracted too. The animation shows the mules staying put and clipping through the floor but their stuff comes with you. But the mule pathfinding is really really picky and a lot of them got stuck on a little ridge to the upper left of the dropship on the first infinity siege stage.

Reminds me a bit of Doretta from Deep Rock Galatic. The pack mules are surprisingly adorable.

Okay, that rules.

I like Pack Mules because they're easy to dump crap into, but I never thought about leading a train of them into the dropship. Nice!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

There's so much crap behind the City Ruins extract point that I'm like, tf am I gonna do with all this stuff

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I've been using my cargo drones, but the pack mules make so much more sense.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I keep losing track of my pack mules when they don't have stuff lol. They're so low profile without the ton of cargo on their back that bad weather actually makes it easier to spot them because they have headlights.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I just did that mission that was bugging for one of you, I sent my reinforcements ahead too early so they actually killed the second Kronos before the plot killed it.

Is upgrading the small artillery formations to pyro and stuff a trap or does it simply give you those options?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Elendil004 posted:

I just did that mission that was bugging for one of you, I sent my reinforcements ahead too early so they actually killed the second Kronos before the plot killed it.

Is upgrading the small artillery formations to pyro and stuff a trap or does it simply give you those options?

Those are just options. When unlocked you can change the turret on the platform by clicking on the platform itself in command mode.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
It's incredibly useful for holding forward outposts to upgrade turrets. Upgrading only costs energy and you can do it from the command menu. When you upgrade a turret, it refills its ammo. So if you're deploying the buildings far from your ammo makers/autoloaders, it's a remote one time refill.

On top of that, because forward outposts are liable to get swarmed and eventually overrun, you can make incredible use of the short range but super high AoE DPS of the pyro and cryo turrets once it looks like the forward outpost will start falling.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Runa posted:

Those are just options. When unlocked you can change the turret on the platform by clicking on the platform itself in command mode.

Oh well that changes my research priorities then.

There was supposed to be a patch today? Did that happen?

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I don't know what timezone the devs are in, but they wanted to get a patch out today by all indications. Supposed to have additional performance optimizations and some loot changes (more XEN types, other loot changes).

Edit: Patch is out and it's a big one.

quote:

[Patch Notes] v1.0-f8bd714.2024.0415.22
Dear Commanders, the latest version will see more adjustments and optimization on gameplay and experience. We're also making more content according to those feedbacks brought up frequently such as 1 Meter Conveyor Belt, Auto Shell Maker, and the optimization on [Outpost Build]. These will be updates in the future patches.
Today's patch has been deployed, please refer to the details below for more information. Please note that some of the changes/bug Fixes will affect the game's difficulty.
[General]
1.[Crucial] Re-calculated and optimized the drop rate of all items, mainly addressing the issue of uneven drop rate of items of the same tier.
2.[Crucial] Adjustments to Power Systems:
a)Players can head for the target area even under low power (except for Instant Loot) now. However, this will turn your outpost into negative power.
b)Core output will be greatly reduced under negative power.
c)Power can be used to remove or obtain [Hazard] in Recovery Preparation.
d)Resources can be converted into power before heading for a target area.
3.Players can rename the Core Gun in [XEN Modification].
4.Added 5 new Morph XENs.
5.Added 3 new Booster XENs.
6.Stakewall can get upgraded normally into Adv.Stakewall with a second floor.
7.Reduced the impact of looted resources on Recovery Time.
8.[Crucial] Optimized the route generation in the Tactical Map of all regions. The number of Exploration Days increases with difficulty now.
9.[Crucial] In Infinity Siege, after you successfully defended a Promethean Core in the frontline, you will get support facilities as reward (instead of portable devices).
10.Gunpowder can be stacked together with a limitation of 20.
11.Players now can rename your operatives in [Squad Management].
12.Added some Events.
[Optimization]
Optimized the rule of Reuslt. Optimized the data transfer during co-op, resolving the problem that player can't claim the result awards after reconnection and reducing chances of losing connection at the Result screen.
2.Optimized the performance of some enemies.
3.Optimized the outpost's performance, reducing the possibility of lagging.
4.Optimized the Turrets' performance.
5.Optimized the performance of UI floating digits effect.
6.Optimized the performance of Amplifiers.
7.Optimized the path finding performance of Guardian after its leaps.
8.Greatly increased the capacity of Core Output to 100W.
9.Optimized the performance of [Darkest Before Dawn] map in Infinity Siege.
10.Optimized the icon of Mouse for better recognition.
11.Added a prompt of Torch to the HUD interface.
[XEN]
1.Added Morph XEN [Re-Initialize]: hitting a target allows it to taunt the nearby mechanical enemies.
2.Added Morph XEN [Supergravity]: hitting a target allows it to form a field which helps to increase character's attack while reducing the movement speed.
3.Added Morph XEN [Electrofield]: hitting a target allows it to produce consisting of power balls.
4.Added Morph XEN [Orbit]: hitting a target allows it to produce an elemental ball constantly surrounding the taget. In the case where the shot hits the ground, it produces an elemental ball surrounding player.
5.Added Morph XEN [Gale]: hitting a target allows it to make a tornado with higher Elemental Build-up.
6.Added Booster XEN [Battering Ram-I][Battering Ram-II]: cause extra damage when hitting a neutral unit (such as doors, wreckages).
7.Added Booster XEN [Disassemble-I][Disassemble-II]: hitting a mechanical enemy grants a chance of awarding materials.
8.Added Booster XEN [Cleansweep-I][Cleansweep-II]: killing enemies grants some extra materials.
9.Fixed the problem that the combination of XEN [Chain] and XEN [Advanced] cause less damage than expected.
10.Fixed the problem that the combination of XEN [Chain] and some of the booster XENs cause unexpected high damage.
[Enemies]
1.The shield skill of Beholder Tank will not target on other Beholder Tanks.
2.Crius will definitely drop a Ion Battery.
[Level]
1.Removed some unnecessary dialogues in the [Outpost 11] mission.
2.Increased the drops of valuable items in landmarks.
[BUG FIXES]
1.Fixed the problem that some turrets, such as 30mm Light Turret, 30mm Twin Barrel Light Gun and 406mm Cruiser Cannon do not get Core Outpost Bonus.
2.Fixed the problem that Cataphract may self-destruct if deployed after the [Cataphract Support] event.
3.Fixed the problem that items on the Conveyor Belt may get stuck in the edge of corners and slopes.
4.Fixed the problem that the guest player in co-op does not see the turret range change in real time.
5.Fixed the problem with abnormal door modelings in some POIs.
6.Fixed the problem with broken missiles being invisible.
7.Fixed the problem that combination of SplitRocket and Chain may trigger multiple times of damages.
8.Fixed the problem that guest players cannot move in Infinity Siege after reconnection to the host player.
9.Fixed the problem that Hare Squad's Power Slash did not interrupt shooting.
10.Fixed the problem with enemies' abnormal aggression/path finding.
11.Fixed the problem of abnormal interaction with some buttons in the setting interface.
12.Fixed the movement animation of Hare Squad's shooting while slashing.
13.Fixed the problem that some gears may be lost if equipped with characters on Dispatch.
14.Fixed the problem that players cannot trigger C4 in the [Rescue] mission.
15.Fixed the problem with possible abnomral movement of Missile Tank's Firing.
16.Fixed the problem that Scorpions may get stuck in the ladders and stop attacking.
17.Fixed the problem that hitting on Pulverizer's jetpack won't cause damage.
18.Fixed the problem that Crius appears right near the outpost.
19.Fixed the problem that lightning visual effects did not disappear.
20.Fixed the problem that the burning sound effects of Hare Squad did not disappear.
21.Fixed the problem that the Missile Silo and Mine Launcher do not get Core Outpost Bonus.
22.Fixed the problem that the switch button may disappear when pressing esc to quit in the Operative Selection page.
23.Corrected some wrong descriptions and text.
24.Fixed the problem with incorrect special effects of Railgun Apostle's arrival warning.
25.Fixed the problem that Shell Storage stores only 3 missiles.
26.Fixed the problem that attacking Mechanos may appear far away from their Drop Pods.
27.Fixed the problem with wrong terrain texture in [Woodland].

The change to Infinity Siege giving you buildings instead of building boxes is huge. I don't think anyone was realistically hording those to bring into tour mode so it just makes inventory management so much easier.

Hyper Inferno fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Apr 16, 2024

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Hyper Inferno posted:

I don't know what timezone the devs are in, but they wanted to get a patch out today by all indications. Supposed to have additional performance optimizations and some loot changes (more XEN types, other loot changes).

Edit: Patch is out and it's a big one.

The change to Infinity Siege giving you buildings instead of building boxes is huge. I don't think anyone was realistically hording those to bring into tour mode so it just makes inventory management so much easier.

THANK GOD

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Also, gently caress yeah that you can rename your gun now!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh finally

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I tried City 1 earlier tonight and had to stop partway through the extraction. But I did see Crius spawn and how am I supposed to kill it? As soon as it spawned I switched my artillery and the supporting artillery all to massive only and direct fire but that didn't seem to chunk it at all.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

What level's your Core Output at? I'm comfortably at 1.1k and I can usually down a Crius in two strafing runs.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I think I get to 1k if I build and deploy all my Titan Spikes. I only have three pre-war artillery at the moment. If I get Crius again after I reload and try tomorrow I'll pay closer attention to how much damage is deal to it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh yeah and don't forget in City Ruins there's free Artillery deployed for you on lower difficulties, you can see them on top of the walls/structure above the extraction point. Also a free titan spike for you to put Miners next to the resource boxes.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Yeah I set all the artillery the map gives you to massive and direct fire as well, but I think they may have just missed it as it flew over? I'm not too sure how much damage the drone swarm does so I was a little scared I'd lose the mission.

I've never quit out mid map before so I'm not sure where my save actually is. If it's where I can decide what to extract I may actually lower my extraction points to not have to deal with the final boss. I picked up a red drop (Ion Battery) and have one of the stack doubling perks so I might manipulate my golds to make sure the red gets doubled (which would put me well below enough points to get the final boss to spawn). Given that Crius just drops another Ion Battery, it might not be worth the effort to try killing it again.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
is there no way to fire dud recruits? other than deliberately killing them one by one, i mean.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Crius spawns in City if you are at or very close to the 800s extraction time from my experience. I struggle with Crius as well, and have a core output of 1.5k IIRC.

If you are closer to the seraph threshold, then Kronos spawns. And Kronos is a lot easier to take out.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I ended up lowering my extraction value to manipulate the item doubling to guarantee hit the Ion Battery which brought my timer low enough that the boss didn't even spawn.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

is there no way to fire dud recruits? other than deliberately killing them one by one, i mean.

Right click them in Squad Management from the Barracks menu

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I max extracted City 1 with some gold modifiers and that nearly wiped me out again. My ammo production couldn't keep up with my consumption and the envoy card I took meant the right side of my base was falling to bits and pieces when I got out. But I did get out with a ton of stuff so I'm going to get some research done and upgrade my base.

I definitely had all my artillery set to massive only and auto-fire on and Crius was barely damaged. Not sure what's going on here.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

One you realize all of the operatives are defined by Squad (class) with a preset Face+Name I've started to treat them like pokemon. "Oh, you caught a Layla? Wow, I haven't seen one of those. I did get three Roderics and a Broderick though."

Hyper Inferno posted:

I max extracted City 1 with some gold modifiers and that nearly wiped me out again. My ammo production couldn't keep up with my consumption and the envoy card I took meant the right side of my base was falling to bits and pieces when I got out. But I did get out with a ton of stuff so I'm going to get some research done and upgrade my base.

I definitely had all my artillery set to massive only and auto-fire on and Crius was barely damaged. Not sure what's going on here.

Hmm, maybe you need to manually set every single gun to "Auto-Fire On?" Because I've found you can't alter that config by group for some reason. It's fiddly as hell and probably needs to be fixed in a patch.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

cool that city ruins 1 hits like an insane truck after we were clearing snow 3 in our sleep also cool that all your gear is lost so that's a huge fuckin setback. Probably done with this game for a while.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Elendil004 posted:

cool that city ruins 1 hits like an insane truck after we were clearing snow 3 in our sleep also cool that all your gear is lost so that's a huge fuckin setback. Probably done with this game for a while.

It's possible to use one of the SaveBackup files by take an old one and overwrite the GameSaveData.sav, renaming your preferred backup file to the file you're overwriting.

But yeah City Ruins 1 is a huge leap in difficulty.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Runa posted:

It's possible to use one of the SaveBackup files by take an old one and overwrite the GameSaveData.sav, renaming your preferred backup file to the file you're overwriting.

But yeah City Ruins 1 is a huge leap in difficulty.

It also feels bad because it means we have to farm a bunch more boring rear end snow biome.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I noticed a huge difference in my City 1 runs based on the cards I took. I've been taking all the cards in snow without too much worry except the Nebula airdrop one (which made me place random basic turrets around my base for future instances) but the card difference was a huge factor in my runs so far of City.

This first time through I only took one card that buffed enemies and that was the one that gave me +1 epic drops. The more recent time I took a bunch of gold and other enemy buff ones and they chewed through what previously easily held them off let alone the fact that I extracted so much more that I had to last through the entirety of the timer and the boss spawn.

Envoy spawns and shield tanks are no joke. The shield tanks in particular demand a degree of attention to be sniped ASAP otherwise the defensive shields they put on basic enemies makes turrets take too long.

Basically, the game really doesn't want you to full extract with full hazards on the next step up until you've built your base up a bit more and have blueprints from that region.

As a bit of cheese, you can abort a recovery day if it's too spicy and reduce your load since the game won't auto save until afterwards. If you're fast enough you can even quit after you die and still try again.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Haha, oh wow, the next mission asked me to do Darkest Before Dawn and survive for 1 wave. I thought going into it that since I could pretty easily go to wave 10 in the other Infinity Siege stage that I could easily handle 1 wave.

Nope. The first wave just ran over the meager defense I put up initially and made it all the way to my base. I called for evac after that wave and the 2nd wave was tearing my base apart as I left. Definitely going to do easy farms in Snow 4 for a bit before moving on to City 2.

Hyper Inferno fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Apr 17, 2024

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Yeah, I can't really stress how difficult the jump from Snow to City is. City's extraction map is nice because it's compact and easy to monitor, but you have waves and waves of enemies coming. My recommendation is to get some carrier drones and run City extractions right below the Seraph icon, and avoid risk incident cards. It won't get you as much gold or resources, but you will be able to get those items you need to improve your base.

Another thing I just noticed while doing a city run is that enemies will target the top of your control tower. Make sure to use healing grenades to keep its HP. They are an easy support module to forget about, having 2+ means you can bring your outpost back from the brink.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
One thing I've only just realized since my firepower has just gotten to the point where it's feasible but the giant pillars that the enemies come out of can be manually destroyed with enough damage and they prematurely stop spawns. Right now only my artillery has the power to shoot them down and I think I'd need to save shots for Kronos/Crius on longer runs but it's fun sniping the spawners on low extraction runs.

I'm going to have to rebuild my base from the ground up to make use of the new blueprints I've gotten from City though.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

They've added a lot to make rebuilding outposts easier, but I really wish they would make it less time consuming and a little less obtuse. I spent probably 3 hours rebuilding a base, and it's still not what I want.

I did learn that you can put armored walls IN FRONT of the thick armored wall units to make putting tiles on top of them a bit easier. Also letting you make a beefier outpost.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The X-ray function in the build ui is actually really helpful, the arrow keys change the elevation of the effect.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I almost got the god roll on a Hare recruit. She rolled the 90% damage reduction, CD reset, and a bunch of other goodies, but unfortunately didn't get Hyperactive to stack damage with all that movement.

I look forward to using her in the frontlines to Genji dash through scorpions repeatedly.

I think I figured out what was causing me to do no damage to Crius, while the artillery was indeed set to auto-fire, I didn't adjust the firing modes to direct fire. I was playing around with the settings in low extraction City 1 farms and realized that after playing around with the settings on all my buildings.

Really wish there was a way to have default settings on buildings/guardians spawned mid battle.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

X-Ray is really nice. I just wish that the tiles and walls I'm trying to connect gave me more direct control. It's like the program purposefully guesses wrong on which way I want the walls to connect.

I also feel like the game recently got a graphics update? I was playing and all of a sudden I noticed that textures like bloodstains looked a lot better.

I need to update the first post. There have been so many changes to the game, and I've got a better handle on what Infinity Siege is all about.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Oh lmao people weren't kidding about the city ruins. Figured I'd just try a quick extraction with only the best goodies and mission objectives and still got absolutely annihilated. Feels like I need at minimum 2-3 times the armament I have now and then some. Time to dehumanize myself and face to the snow grind, I guess. :unsmigghh:

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

If any of you high level gods want to take pitty and drag folks like Perestroika and myself through a ruins extract for some money and mats that would be pretty huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
The biggest difference I found was when I sat down and just did the pillar+generators build to really amp up my core output. I dislike that build aesthetically but it truly is effective at boosting core output.

Something else that helped me bootstrap my way into bigger City runs was by sending recovered blueprints back by drones. This meant that even if I lost the run at the end, I'd at least be able to start researching the next tier of upgrades.

I'll probably have an hour or so free tonight if you want to do co-op at that point at around 8:00 PM pacific. We can try a max extract on City 1 and see how that goes. With multiple people, looting should go a lot faster. Steam profile name is: hyper.inferno.