Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Is the game early access enough that they will wipe progress at some point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
The chatter in here about the game got me intrigued, so I picked it up. It is definitely jank, but I've seen worse. If nothing else, this is a fairly competent combination of far more disparate game conventions than I would first expect.

Edit: I would also be up for playing with goons, evenings PST/weekends. Have a newborn though so not doing unbroken continuous play. 22187841 steam code.

Moonshine Rhyme fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Apr 23, 2024

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
I would very much like to have a weapons box that I can build onto my Outpost that retains its inventory so I could reasonably bring The giant boxes of ammo into missions to use them without gimping my backpack for the run/first loot run.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Sounds like the autoloader is what I'm looking for. Couple of tours into Snow 1, recovery days still pretty easy but I could see them getting crazy if I let them push to my Outpost. Enjoying the basic loop of the game and I do hope they keep adding more and polishing things at a reasonable pace.

Price was right though, even without a sale.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Infinity siege mode is a good break from tour grinding the snow region, feels like a more straightforward way to get real combat and test your outpost. Could stand to have better rewards, but definitely glad to have the option!

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Anyone pushed far into the wave defense missions? I pushed past wave 20 in the first map nearly effortlessly with 150k value outpost, only stopped because the wave timers were getting long.
Because the supply drops give you an item that turns into research time reduction points, I'm thinking that might be the most efficient way to speed up research.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Very nice!

The pace at which the size upgrades comes out made me reluctant to do upgrades, I have one to go and will finally be working with the proper space. A multi-selection drag and drop for components would do wonders for that!