Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Oh yeah, I've been following this for a while, glad to see it's finally out and apparently good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I've run into what appears to be the first real gear check, the Kronos Omega in that one story mission. At this point I've got a couple each of 30mm and CIWS plus some MGs on the sides. Those seem reasonably capable of holding off the chaff and missiles, but do not seem to have the range to actually hit the Omega before it simply blaps me with its railgun. Meanwhile just me plinking away at it with my personal gun can take off maybe 30%. And that's with slightly abusing the mission triggers to get a whole bunch of Guardians and Ammo Boxes ready.

Is there some important blueprint I have missed (e.g. long-ranged artillery) or do I just need to farm for more/better XEN for my gun?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Update to the Kronos Omega mission: Turns out it wasn't my loadout, the mission just bugged out, three times in a row. Every time it failed to spawn the reinforcements, which left me woefully undergunned. Fourth time turned out to be the charm, and with a the three vanguards it really was no problem to kill the Omega.

Game is fun, but man it's also jank as hell. On that fourth attempt the various audio cues also bugged the hell out, with the characters repeating themselves and talking over each other.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Oh lmao people weren't kidding about the city ruins. Figured I'd just try a quick extraction with only the best goodies and mission objectives and still got absolutely annihilated. Feels like I need at minimum 2-3 times the armament I have now and then some. Time to dehumanize myself and face to the snow grind, I guess. :unsmigghh:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Oh, one important thing that I did miss until just now is that the trader actually offers quite a few of the base resources you need for a lot of intermediary materials and certain components (particularly lumber and scrap metal). I've been constantly low on a few of those, and now that I could just buy a decent supply I was able to just pile boatloads of utility walls and small generators into my interior that just about doubled my core output.

That said, I still can't find a turret nexus for the life of me. I got bases and barrels out the rear end but can't do anything with them :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I don't mind outpost building when it comes to actual layout and placing guns (though I still usually end up with a plain box with guns on top :v:), but drat putting the dozens of utility walls, generators, and batteries in there every time does get old. Same with placing the platforms as floors and ceilings, those could really benefit from a hold-and-drag quick placing tool.