Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao that the AI admits the only 3d model she could find to use as an avatar was someone's personal waifu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah a friend of mine tested it with me and clients get a copy of everything that's sent through the Recovery crate except gear. All resources are good to go, though I think clients only get copies of resources on Exploration Days they were actually participating in. As you can technically join a party mid-run you don't get stuff that was Recovered before you showed up.

There's an extraction mechanic but it's nothing at all like Hunt/Tarkov, it's just surviving the wave defense battle during the last day of a run, Recovery Day. Any PvPvE implications are purely due to the word extraction having baggage.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hyper Inferno posted:

Can you jump into multiplayer right away or is it highly recommended to play some tutorial levels to get your bearings?

Multiplayer gets unlocked after a certain point of early story progression

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

My friend got me on board by showing me the Peace Walker-lite hq management and a Snow zone Recovery Day that went ploin-shaped surprisingly quickly.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Zomborgon posted:

I do appreciate that each operative type gets some kind of free kill ability- free fire, missiles, the Guardian, or sword strikes. Really with the exception of the Guardian buddy- on account of the long cooldown- you can comfortably do most exploration while blowing a minimum of ammo.

One thing I have wondered at- when on a tour, the clock goes red after a certain hour. Does that do anything? I get the impression that if not, there was at least once some kind of general exploration time limit.

Oh I think on some runs Chasers might randomly spawn at night? That's how it was in Border Woodlands. Not a lot of early game time pressure without it, definitely.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lol nice

I've realized I rather enjoy just futzing around designing my outpost, and it turns out with the power generation options, and the Materials Gain +30% perk, you can basically make your Tour go as long as there are nodes to explore. You know, if you're strong and well-equipped enough to survive the attempt.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Found a weird laboratory under the School landmark node in the border woodlands and got a blueprint, now I'm wondering what other stuff might be hiding around in various tiles the procgen rng might throw at me

but also I really need some mats to make a Guardian Dispenser and drat I wish I had better luck, even with just shops

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I went blueprint hunting using this guide in the Snow Ruins and was doing pretty well, all told. Up until the very final segment on recovery day and then things started to go south very quickly. Lost nearly everything and I had to scramble to try to survive the last two minutes while waiting for emergency evac.

Nebulas on Recovery Day are actually a huge pain in the rear end. Also Nebula is such an odd name for "that freaky mass-produced homunculus monster from FMA Brotherhood."

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Bogus Adventure posted:

Thank you for the link. I'll put in in the second post.

Yeah, I've got so many blueprints of things I can't manufacture. It sucks. :negative:

god, mood lmao

that said, more reason to keep progging the Snow Ruins

E:

I found the b-ball challenge

I only got 4 points

Runa fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Apr 5, 2024

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hyper Inferno posted:

I bought the game. Haven't gotten a chance to go through the tutorial but I'm liking the activity of the devs so far so I figured for $20 might as well give it a shot.

Much later edit: Unlocked the shop. Game is shaping up to be really good if it keeps unlocking stuff at this pace. I cleared out every node in the previous outing but was really low on power by the end of it. Wish I had actually crafted some lockpicks. I really like how the game gives you like 3 options to open every locked door you come across.

Honestly it feels a little bit like a rogue-lite on top of every other genre this game is trying to be. The randomized loot is like the low level loot you get after each floor, the terminals you power up are like the slightly better loot that you don't always get, and the perk you get after clearing each node is like a run-wide bonus.

Yeah it's a little slow to start but the run-based structure lends a lot to its replayability. It does scratch some of the itch that roguelites do, though a single run could potentially take a very long time if you're not just fast-looting the Windy Desert to quickly get a fresh Local Operative up to speed. A correction on those terminals, though, they're perks from the same pool as the node-clearing bonuses.

Now that you've got the shop it's a better idea to try to max out some early-game runs, if you have the turrets for it. You'll need a lot of scrap metal and basic materials and you can easily buy them in bulk from Monica instead of scrounging for handfuls of them at a time in the field. Incidentally, this is a good reason to de-prioritize them in the field once you've got enough cash. When Container space is limited and your ability to bring home loot is bottlenecked, it's good to know that you can always just buy the basic mats.

It's also a good idea to hunt down blueprints, there's some pretty vital stuff in there. The boss of the Snow Ruins is big enough that I doubt I could've beaten it without a mech and the only one of those you can get at that point is the Cataphract Hangar - Knight model bp from a random minor node in that zone. The section of the main quest where your progress is gated by getting the mats to construct a Guardian Dispenser is a good point to start grinding up to gear seriously.

I'm still unlocking more features as I go, and that Guardian Dispenser quest gates a bunch of extremely convenient HQ features and a vitally important turret upgrade bp.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hyper Inferno posted:

My next mission is to find a blueprint in the wooded area so I'll try to max out the run again like I did last time.

What exactly is the third base stat? I understand what supplies and power do, but what's the generated power stat or whatever the third stat below the other two do? And why do I have the option to dismantle the thingy with the lightning bolt inside my base? Is that like an emergency power reserve or something?

The third base state is Core Output, which determines the strength and radius of the X-Boost Field as well as provides a damage boost to all of your outpost turrets.

The "Dismantle" option for the lightning thingy in your outpost is an ambiguously translated button that should probably say "Convert to Fuel," you can shove items into there to turn them into more Power, helpful for extending your run by one more node or so. Some items convert at a better rate like the Lumber you get for dismantling trees.

You can also convert 300 Resources to 30 Power from the Command menu, if you click on the icon for the Core Tower. Generators also let you convert Resources to Power at a rate of 150 for 15 a pop. The perk that gives you a +30% bonus to Resources gathered manually (ie. from stuff you salvaged yourself out in the field) is actually a lot stronger than you might think, precisely because it effectively improves your exchange rate as far as Wreckages/Trees dismantled for every 15/30 Power.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I think a patch a few days after release changed it so that your outpost starts with a material converter to begin with, so it's just always an option.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I usually use the 300 option first because it's right next to the Scan button on the Command screen and I Scan every time I need to do a Designated Recovery or an Officer Hunt.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's deeply hosed up that Ramps don't provide structural or power supply support for utility tiles the way stairs do.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hyper Inferno posted:

I had some combat miners show up on recovery day on the first mission set that was still tutorializing some stuff, what do those do?

Also, I like the fact that the game gives you some tension in exploring quickly by allowing you to activate terminals for free if you get to them fast enough at each node.

Combat miners will grab Resources from crates or wreckages, you can watch them go. Also I hadn't noticed that about the terminals but it would explain a lot.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm still in the Snow Ruins, about to move into the City Ruins tonight, but I wanted to show off my latest outpost design. I realized you could launch your Cataphracts from the Command Menu but I didn't realize that they will boost forward at max speed if you do. My original layout had my Knight yeet itself right into a tree behind my outpost on my first launch, so I made some modifications to my design loosely based off the Argama from Zeta Gundam and ZZ, limited by space, materials, and the need to fill the inside of the drat thing with enough batteries to make the energizer bunny blush.

I'd like to get a clip of my mechs launching in the field but my computer isn't quite beefy enough to easy handle that so here's the Gundam MkII.

E: City Ruins kicked my rear end, here's the revised model

Runa fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Apr 7, 2024

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Also ngl but the City Ruins was the first time I thought, drat those Cryo and Pyro turret blueprints might actually come in useful here.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Elendil004 posted:

Is this worth picking up if my primary point of playing would be coop? Are there enough goons playing anywhere to get games going?

It does look like there's a handful of goons playing largely independent of each other, the co-op's pretty good but it takes an hour or so of rushing the main story to unlock and for co-op you're probably best off if you already have a friend either interested or already playing it.

I've got two mech hangars on my landship specifically because I have a friend who got me into this game lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm still at work but it's slow and I've been thinking about this game and planning my next few runs. I'll need to focus on using Drone Deliveries to limit the amount of traffic I'm sending through on Recovery Day, and prioritize the rarest drops. I want to get Hellfire turrets online and in order to do that I need a lot of red-tier mats.

Was also thinking of how some useful some gear is.

It's pretty clear that Breakthrough Helmet on a Hare Squad ninja is really good, especially if you luck out and get a perk that refreshes her sword dash on kill. What you might not realize is that with the Breakthrough Helmet buff the sword dash can actually deal between 20k-50k(!) damage, which is enough to three-shot some of the trickier doors. Like the ones that require a Power Bank to open from a terminal.

Also you can aim her sword dash upwards and use it as an extra jump but that's just regular Genji tech.

And the Engineering Helmet is a little busted in an OP way because of how its ammo buff is implemented. I am pretty sure it's a glitch or otherwise unintended but it's really helpful all the same. By its description it's supposed to let you overload a turret by 25% more ammo over its max. What actually happens is it allows you to break the magazine's cap and lets you load 1250 ammo in the process.

So if you've got a CIWS with 990 ammo, when you manually reload it while equipped with the Engineer Helmet, you've got a CIWS with 2240 ammo.

This will probably be patched out but enjoy it while you can.

Bogus Adventure posted:

That's a very sweet base. Mine is just ziggurat of turrets and mortars. I like the cataphract launchpad. I might have to incorporate that.

Thanks lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

With an abundance of CIWS turrets and a second autoloader I can more consistently survive the first half of City Ruins I. I've had to cut down some of my mech launch deck to make room for the autoloader connections, including accessibility stairs, but those decks are my outpost's most distinctive feature so I think I will endeavour to embellish them rather than continue de-emphasizing them.

CIWS turrets are such a significant straight upgrade to MG turrets, they're wild. They've become the bread and butter of my builds.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ninjewtsu posted:

bought this game and played it recently. it's pretty cool. i'm not too far in, i just did difficulty 2 of the second area (border woodlands?) last night

i was playing around with that "quick loot" button, oblivious to the fact that while that gives you items it does not give you base building/ammo creation material. so my first game of difficulty 2 i had to fight without any starting materials on recovery day. ultimately not super difficult, but did get me sweating a lot about the ammo expenditure vs "i do actually need to kill things more often than my ability cooldowns" balance

my question on the quick loot: is it viable to push this button a lot? because gonna be honest, the scavenge segments i don't really enjoy all that much. once per run is fine they're not awful, but if i'm actually supposed to maximize those regularly i'd rather put the game down now than in 5 hours from now

I do when I'm grinding research but I also have a lot of batteries and turrets. CIWS is like a higher DPS MG turret with 30mm autocannon range and one or two of those can trivialize the early game, much less eight of them. The Border Woodlands are kind of a non-issue for me.

If you're doing a specific story objective you'll need to manually scavenge it to qualify so may as well go in and also turn trees into Lumber and Resources. Or salvage the wreckage of military vehicles.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I will say it's possible to speedrun most Exploration Days. The Core Tower wide area scan function is only 5 Power and trivializes Designated Recovery or Officer Hunt, but it's useful in general to just point you at where the items are.

For stuff outside of your Scan range there's Scan Gloves and Detectors, the latter are a common drop from the little robot wrecks you see lying around everywhere. I rarely spend more than a couple minutes in a node outside of co-op because I usually just grab some mats and resources, beeline to the areas with likely rare drops, and boogie.

And if the node preview doesn't say anything about giving me a high chance of something I'd want, I just fast loot and move on.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

On the power cell door locking up a single weird shack with a bunch of lockers in it, I found there's a hatch on the roof that accepts THI and MGT keycards.

I still prefer to bust them open with Breakthrough+Sword Dash though.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

New patch lets you enter Command Mode while piloting a mech, thank goodness

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That's a drat solid gun platform. I like the clearance the various levels of gun line have, too.

Runa fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Apr 13, 2024

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I think one of the Owl Squad bubble shield perks buffs turrets in its range. Another one says it claims salvageable Resources so I want to test out if it's a way to get free building materials without needing to spend Power or Fuel. If I'm right it'll probably be as slow as the Core Tower's automatic resource claim but it could be something.

One of their guardian perks provides a similar damage buff to players, which could be nice paired with a sniper XEN.

Also, I had to make some concessions to fit my new big gun. Those Apostles won't know what hit em.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh I just lost my best Operative to something I wasn't aware of:

If you have an agent in the Rehab Center, rescue them right away, no matter what. I tried to earn some money to afford their treatment and they died.

Also, Railgun Apostles will absolutely aim directly at your Core Tower, no matter what the patches say.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hyper Inferno posted:

How are you building the half height levels? I tried some combination of barrier and staircases but couldn't really get it to work.

I actually used the short stairs but positioned halfway in a tile then have the Utility Tile rotated to wrap back on top of the stairs, like so:

With barriers for structural support.

It's honestly very fiddly and I kinda wish Barriers provided power support on their own, so you could use them as both power and structural support.

Structural Support really wants you to have some redundancies all around, it feels like. Pillars, internal walls, even empty door frames. You want an abundance of those in your outpost if you want to support external structures. Which you will, because not only will you want more guns you will want to avoid them getting in the way of other turrets' LOS. Vertical and horizontal clearance are both important. And so is making sure you cover all angles around the base of your Core Tower or a Railgun Apostle will donut your base in a flash, especially if it flanks you.

For batteries and material crates I just have designated areas for one or the other, you can technically stack 36 crates in a single utility tile but getting the final 9 up top is really fiddly if you're modifying an existing design with, say, other tiles on top of it. Similarly, you can also stack 4 higher-tier Material Storage crates in the same space. For batteries, three Pillars adjacent to each other can stack six batteries, three on each side.

The more advanced Battery Packs have a footprint of twelve slots, same as four batteries on six pillars... but they protrude slightly too much to be able to fit two Battery Packs facing each other the same way you might snugly fit six batteries in the same Utility Tile space.

My landship-style outpost has had even more guns and armor stapled on, thanks to that shakeup I suffered due to oversights in my design. I had sacrificed some defense for aesthetics and corrected course on that matter. Now with both a Vanguard and Ranger Cataphract, as well as two Missile Silos, an Advanced Autoloader and Damage Amplifier next to my Hellfire, and no less than eight (8!) CIWSes, I am confident I won't get blindsided again. And my Hellfire Turret is configured to only target Large or Massive enemies; the way the miniguns on the turret are arranged make hitting anything smaller than a Tank nearly impossible.

I also improved on-foot access to the central gun platform from the outside through some fiddly work with ramps, partial-height layers, small tiles, and barriers. Burst boots are still ideal for traversing the roof of the outpost but now they're not a requirement.

Runa fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Apr 12, 2024

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Elendil004 posted:

So I dispatched some operatives and when they were done I guess there's an option to push your luck? It wasn't clear what I was clicking on so one of my guys was missing or something? I think they're in the medical center but gently caress if I am keeping track of these chucklefucks names.

Also when building an outpost, I can't seem to understand how much power I have left to put parts on. When I add too many parts they get the no power symbol, but none of the numbers on the left change except the one that boosts the xboost field.

Edit I got two blueprints but is there any way to tell what they unlocked?

Power supply is less a matter of capacity and more whether or not there are stairs to power the utility tiles on the next floor. For some reason, you need to connect different height levels via stairs and only stairs count for this. I think Zomborgon guessed it's to make sure each layer is theoretically navigable on foot.

This is also why my partial-height builds incorporate a short stair hidden under the tile at some point on that height level.

Blueprints automatically unlock stuff in the research lab, if you can't tell whether a particular tech on the list is brand new it's probably fine, you'll get it all anyway if you go down the list.

And I rarely push my luck on Dispatch missions unless the odds of success are weirdly high (80%+) or there's a reward I really want. As most stuff are white or green tier mats it's rarely a big deal. You can head straight to the med center to revive them and should do that right away if you want that operative to survive, as I learned at cost.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

iunno, maybe take a screenshot of your build screen and the thread can figure it out

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Recovery Days:

Windy Desert is where you go when you just want to get a Local Operative recruited in the shortest time possible.

Border Woodlands eases you into things, there's barely enough stuff there to put any pressure on you even if you're using default Fae. Fae can easily take care of the boss that spawns at high difficulty with just his Free Fire mode. The only boss that spawns here is an Apostle, that's just going to a miniboss moving forward.

Snow Ruins is a big jump in difficulty from the woodlands. This is where the game starts to ramp things up. Here you get tested on your resource management and planning. It's entirely possible to hold out at the beach and never have your outpost take a shot, or ever get flanked at all, but again that requires a bit of planning and prep. If you want to hold out at the beach, which bottlenecks all of the initial advance waves, having the ability to build field turrets ("Small Artillery Platforms") is important, as is knowing how to quickly reconfigure a turret's targeting scheme from the Command Menu, as well as upgrade a Platform MG Turret to a more advanced form, like 30mm. At this stage you never want your 30mms to target anything smaller than Medium enemies. Having more than one Ammo Maker, and having both of them easily accessible while outside, will make keeping up with the ammo drain a lot more manageable. More guns, keep them supplied, try to fortify the beach the best you can if you want to minimize pressure on your base. When Robot D-Day overruns the beach, that's when the real pressure begins.

The big boss of Snow Ruins is the Kronos, it's got some very obvious glowing weakpoints and a Sniper XEN, Mammoth Squad missle boy, or a Knight cataphract can deal with it without too much difficulty. Also directly commanding, or personally operating, Prewar Artillery or 105mm guns can tear chunks off the Kronos' HP meter regardless of whether or not you hit any weakpoints. It's big and menacing but not too much of an issue, especially if you leg it. Big guy's more a gear or gun check more than anything else. Though if you don't actually have a means of dealing meaningful damage to a very large, very distant target I imagine it could be cause to call for evac.

City Ruins is an even bigger, more severe jump in difficulty than the move from woodlands to snow. It's a serious build check and will absolutely gently caress you up if your outpost is too small to have sufficient gun coverage of your front and flanking arcs with minimal LOS blocking, or sufficient armor layering to prevent your base from getting one-shot by a Railgun Apostle, or enough ammo support infrastructure to keep your guns firing, constantly, without any downtime. This one also immediately opens with flanking attacks from all angles, including some perfunctory attacks from the rear to keep you on your toes. More if you took a Risk Event that adds extra mobs. Some Risk Events are incredibly dangerous, the Envoy Ambush will actually destroy a chunk of your outpost and you will have a weakpoint in your defenses--you do not want to take it without having a few bulkheads to provide internal armor redundancies. Being able to tell which Apostle is which at a glance is also a lifesaver. Regular Apostle silhouette? That's Blade Apostle, not an issue in the slightest if your base meets the minimum firepower to handle the stage. Shield guy? Storm Apostle, kills players on foot easily (the magnetic succ + big hammer burst combo can take out even a high-defense, HP-buffed operative in one, maybe two hits) but cannot deal with mechs or turrets very well. One big gun? Railgun Apostle, delete immediately.

I recommend a bare minimum of four CIWSes with Autoloaders covering all of them, a bunch of MGs to deal with the hordes of scorpions and sweepers, and a half dozen or more 30mms all geared specifically to target Large enemies. Make sure to tweak their targeting ranges in their Config menus, for some reason the default target acquisition ranges on some guns is wildly below effective maximum. You should also have a Guardian Dispenser by this point. Whenever you build a Guardian in Exploration Days, so long as it survives, it will stick around. Build one or more Guardians at every node you visit, ideally the 30mm version if you have enough CIWS and MG coverage, and by the time Recovery Day starts you will have a veritable fleet of guns-on-wheels. Miniboss phases are basically a DPS check to kill the Railgun before it kills you and twelve or more extra 30mm guns you didn't need rare mats to build can make a big difference. This minimum will, with some difficulty, get you through the miniboss phases. But! You should probably not try to challenge the big boss with that little firepower.

The City Ruins can spawn the Kronos as your final boss but the real marquee attraction is the Crius, the flying manta ray Ace Combat superweapon from the prologue. It will swoop down and be targetable during its bombing runs, CIWSes are needed to keep your base from taking unnecessary damage here. You also need them to keep you alive during the Swarm phase, where the Crius summons a bunch of matrix drone swarms at you. They will directly chip away at your Core Tower, among other things, and will slowly damage everything they touch. The Swarms alone make this boss fight a pretty straightforward DPS race. You will need to use Command Mode to direct the free Artillery (the stage provides like, three big guns for you) to target Massive enemies at max range (150,000) if you want to be able to down the Crius in a reasonable time.

It also helps to have upgraded from Knight cataphracts to Ranger and Vanguard. They're not strictly necessary, the Vanguard and Knight Cataphract bps are acquired through Exploration so you aren't fully expected to have them. The Ranger actually requires a built Knight Cataphract as a component so it's technically also gated by exploration despite the blueprint being acquired through progression. With good Pilot traits they're some of the best damage dealers you can manually control in the game that doesn't require building a Turret Override.

Runa fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Apr 13, 2024

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Elendil004 posted:

I can set those turret priorities in the build mode or only in the run around on foot mode? Those settings remain/carry over?

Excellent tip for holding the beach head. I was trying and had a mine launcher but it was wildly ineffective which was annoying.

Yep, you can do it in Build Mode. There's a button on the upper right that lets you directly modify Config Settings, you manage turrets individually or as a group. These settings will carry over every time you start a new run. Doing it on foot only lasts for that single run, and then reverts to your Build Config after.

The snow ruins mine launcher and tower turret are weirdly placed, I think they're supposed to be last resort options? But if things get bad enough to consider them I'm probably already hoofing it to the evac lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah it does feel like the Crius specifically is an Artillery gear check. Feels like the game's asking, do you have more than a couple of Prewar Artillery cannons on board? If not, this one could be rough.

The Diff 2 version of the map gives you a handful of free pre-deployed Artillery pieces up on the structures above and behind the outpost, which help if you set them to auto-attack Direct Fire, Massive only, max range. Or just manually Command them solo in bullet-time.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The Cargo Drone is also just plain useful to reduce pressure on Recovery Day by offloading a bunch of the loot directly to your base. I managed to do two full-loot City Ruins runs that just barely spawned the Crius and almost nothing else in the final wave by judiciously pre-sending all of the non-Purple/Orange/Red mats* and valuables I wanted to keep. In my Diff 3 run I almost didn't have enough loot left in my container to spawn the Crius if not for the abundance of antique manga I had sitting in the box.

The main downsides to the Cargo Drone are the 30 Power cost, the 400 second cooldown, the limited 4x4 grid capacity, and the fact that in co-op, only the player who actually clicks the button to send the Cargo Drone gets the loot.

*This is because I always hunt for Risk Events that multiply the Epic or better material drops. Getting a single Cruiser Cannon barrel that turns into 2 or 3 after Recovery Day, or two Xenium Soils that turn to 4 or 6, is a huge deal and lets you speed up the grind for the rarest top-tier mats. They're pretty dangerous. Two of them which add +1 per stack of high-tier mat wildly buff Tanks while the third multiplier Risk Event, which straight up doubles high-tier mat stacks, hugely buffs all enemies including bosses.

My outpost has reached a point where this is no longer really an issue if I'm playing solo and can activate bullet time to micro my Command Mode on demand, even from in a mech.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's all about floor tiles. For some reason only floor tiles transfer power and stairs are used to connect one level of floor tiles to another. While trying to make pretty landships I got real acquainted with how wack the build system is.

Also it's been so long I forgot exactly where and when you get the Autoloader. Maybe it's because only the host technically gets objectives cleared when doing main campaign stuff? I don't think the autoloader is a pickup blueprint.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

There is something mildly funny about seeing an Advanced Ammo Maker dump a box of ammo onto a conveyor belt, and watching that conveyor belt dump that box into an Advanced Autoloader's pickup zone to get crane game'd.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You can get the bp for Prewar Artillery from the Prototype Factory (the Greg Factory) node in the Snow Ruins.

Difficulty level doesn't affect bp spawns, which are set.

E: Also, in the Kronos Omega mission, I believe when Levy says he's sending reinforcements, what he means is he actually sends like a squadron of guardians backed up by a Vanguard Cataphract which spawn somewhere behind your outpost.

The Vanguard's siege mode alone should be able to solo a Kronos without difficulty. You may need to resupply it with ammo though, as each siege shot takes a whole box's worth.

Runa fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Apr 14, 2024

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Perestroika posted:

Update to the Kronos Omega mission: Turns out it wasn't my loadout, the mission just bugged out, three times in a row. Every time it failed to spawn the reinforcements, which left me woefully undergunned. Fourth time turned out to be the charm, and with a the three vanguards it really was no problem to kill the Omega.

Game is fun, but man it's also jank as hell. On that fourth attempt the various audio cues also bugged the hell out, with the characters repeating themselves and talking over each other.

oofa doofa

glad you're through it, yeesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hyper Inferno posted:

I did an infinity siege and had a heck of a time funneling my mules to come with me in the cargo ship when it left. I lost one mule to an enemy attack and it dropped all its cargo so I wasn't able to extract the red XEN I saw since I couldn't get another mule out to it in time before I called in the evac. That's disappointing, but I think I have a handle on the first infinity siege level now.

Wait

You can just dump poo poo into the dropship and it'll count for looting?