Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Decided to give this a second shot after returning it the first time.

Updated opinion:

Now that I've learned to embrace the janky Metal Gear Survive-esque vibes, it's growing on me. Not sure yet how it'll hold up long term but for now I'm enjoying the game way more than I was expecting to initially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

I haven't seen it posted yet but make sure you explore the base, there is a fairly large number of paint schemes hidden all over the place.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

getting a long range xen is a huge change. there are so many jerks that need to be sniped and you just can't do so until you get a lucky drop of heavy (or inferno, surprisingly). there are far more special attack morphs with long cooldowns than there are ones that can function as a normal gun.

Inferno is honestly amazing with Fae. Pop that skill at almost ANYTHING is dead before it goes on cooldown.

I've got 2 main gun variants I've been running lately:

A Inferno+(laser wall or whatever it's called that mulches waves)+a fun 3rd. It's flashy in the best way.

A Heavy+Shotgun+Missile that is pure point and shoot death to anything you point it at.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Ok, people weren't kidding about the Recovery Day ramp up of City Ruins vs ANYTHING else.

I thought I was ready.

I was nowhere near ready.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Runa posted:

Yeah it happens to literally everyone

It's great

I don't even want to elaborate more, it was such a system shock I don't want to deprive others of it.