Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

bought this game and played it recently. it's pretty cool. i'm not too far in, i just did difficulty 2 of the second area (border woodlands?) last night

i was playing around with that "quick loot" button, oblivious to the fact that while that gives you items it does not give you base building/ammo creation material. so my first game of difficulty 2 i had to fight without any starting materials on recovery day. ultimately not super difficult, but did get me sweating a lot about the ammo expenditure vs "i do actually need to kill things more often than my ability cooldowns" balance

my question on the quick loot: is it viable to push this button a lot? because gonna be honest, the scavenge segments i don't really enjoy all that much. once per run is fine they're not awful, but if i'm actually supposed to maximize those regularly i'd rather put the game down now than in 5 hours from now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

yeah i'm expecting to have to manually loot objective nodes, that's not that big a deal. if i can quick loot 3 times or w/e on a tour, then do one actual scavenge mission at the end before recovery day, that's pretty good

by the way while scavenging, if stuff is locked by keycard/needs a power cable, is it guaranteed that there's one in the level? a few times i'd come upon a locked door that i could not find the unlock requirements for even after using the base scan