Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
This game seems so weird, schitzo and looks impossibly good I will buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

Jarvisi posted:

Is this a multiplayer game or solo?

Yes.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
I actually refunded it after I left a positive review. There's plenty of screenshot bait imagery that is insanely good looking, almost to the levels of the ascent but at the same time when you get into real gameplay lazy poo poo like lootable containers being lazily placed so they clip inside other things, half height floors and overall feel like environments were crated by an AI was what ruined it for me. The fact almost nothing was well explained and the things that were, were the ones that shouldn't even be required to be tutorialized anymore as thery're the same in all games. I'd honestly prefer if they didn't do the super fancy sensory overload graphics and instead went with a simpler art style that is way more readable and less overwhelming and spent the time spent on models to polish the environments players actually interact with. The guys working on the lighting could make anything look good.

I had a neat hour and a half playing this roguelike-basebuilding-tower defence-colony sim-extraction shooter-vanquish like armored core spinoff. But it's not for me.