Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Is this worth picking up if my primary point of playing would be coop? Are there enough goons playing anywhere to get games going?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Is coop the kind of thing where a level 1000 boss ubergoon can come help out a newb or vice versa, a newb can join and do something minorly useful?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I picked it up, where are folks playing? The COOP goons discord is the obvious place but who knows.

why is there so much grunting in this intro

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 9, 2024

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

the tutorial has not taught me anything really so I am looking forward to joining a goon and asking dumb questions :D

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Ok after 3.2 hours I have unlocked multiplayer. I have a few questions.

I bought a thing to recruit people but I cant see where to use it? There are two recruits on Nightingale but the only button there is "remove" which feels like taking them out of the squad?

Am I to believe that the outpost drives around on those little legs but I fly in and out of the main battles?

When I go into explore? mode? the run around loot stuff then recover in 10 seconds mode, im power limited on how many places i can explore. Are there ways in map to recover power? I think I found an arcade basketball game which seemed to maybe give me power back?

edit: what do you get for collecting tires and turning power into a tri laser that eats dead tanks?

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Apr 10, 2024

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

nice, that is helpful as hell, thank you!

If anyone wants to multi something let me know or let's find a place to do stuff

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I was expecting a lot more from the first boss, I hosed him down with one part of a free fire cooldown.

edit: Sometimes there's loot rooms in the recovery mission, do they just expect you to have found and saved a keycard from previously?

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 11, 2024

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Who is playing and wants to do coop stuff, either let me join y'all and run ammo and be helpful or join me farming boring level woods stuff.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So I dispatched some operatives and when they were done I guess there's an option to push your luck? It wasn't clear what I was clicking on so one of my guys was missing or something? I think they're in the medical center but gently caress if I am keeping track of these chucklefucks names.

Also when building an outpost, I can't seem to understand how much power I have left to put parts on. When I add too many parts they get the no power symbol, but none of the numbers on the left change except the one that boosts the xboost field.

Edit I got two blueprints but is there any way to tell what they unlocked?

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Apr 12, 2024

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Alright, stairs, makes...sense....

How come I can't place anymore batteries? :D

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Oh I guess batterie can only go at the very top of a section? Maybe that was it.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Just got utterly destroyed by Snow Hills lvl 1. Probably went in without enough ammo.

But, have redesigned my base anyways, rate my base:

I also put armor around the inner core which probably would have bought me enough time. I don't have stairs yet so I can't go any higher.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I figure the ones on the rear will help with side shots, but am I badly assuming that?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Bogus Adventure posted:

My Steam handle is Avatar of Whoa. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want to go looting and shooting.

I PM'd you my steam code, "Avatar of Whoa" doesnt return anyone reasonable.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I can set those turret priorities in the build mode or only in the run around on foot mode? Those settings remain/carry over?

Excellent tip for holding the beach head. I was trying and had a mine launcher but it was wildly ineffective which was annoying.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

What do you do with the mission items like composite fiber container and control cores and stuff? Once you're back at base?

edit: is there a guide to hidden pickups in the main base?

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 13, 2024

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

The Co-op goons discord is as good enough a place as any to rally up, you can find me there with the same username as here. https://discord.gg/vabSrz57gz

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

It's a youtube video but it's blessedly short and to the point: All the hidden paint schemes in the base, some are pretty devilish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAI648qELYI

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Well, poo poo on the cargo drone if it wont work in coop, but still good to know!

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I have been playing coop with my friend and somehow he has the autoloader but I do not, how could that have happened?

Also, how the gently caress does power work, i build stairs but walls next to them, walls connected to them, walls connected to tiles connected to them, nothing stays powered.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Does the level, 1, 2, or 3 affect potential blueprints or am i just as likely on level 1 as level 3 of a given area that has them?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Is there an easy "remove everything and start over" to base construction? I powered through a couple ATC upgrades and doing it all manually is rough.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I just did that mission that was bugging for one of you, I sent my reinforcements ahead too early so they actually killed the second Kronos before the plot killed it.

Is upgrading the small artillery formations to pyro and stuff a trap or does it simply give you those options?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Runa posted:

Those are just options. When unlocked you can change the turret on the platform by clicking on the platform itself in command mode.

Oh well that changes my research priorities then.

There was supposed to be a patch today? Did that happen?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

cool that city ruins 1 hits like an insane truck after we were clearing snow 3 in our sleep also cool that all your gear is lost so that's a huge fuckin setback. Probably done with this game for a while.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Runa posted:

It's possible to use one of the SaveBackup files by take an old one and overwrite the GameSaveData.sav, renaming your preferred backup file to the file you're overwriting.

But yeah City Ruins 1 is a huge leap in difficulty.

It also feels bad because it means we have to farm a bunch more boring rear end snow biome.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

If any of you high level gods want to take pitty and drag folks like Perestroika and myself through a ruins extract for some money and mats that would be pretty huge.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Hyper Inferno posted:

The biggest difference I found was when I sat down and just did the pillar+generators build to really amp up my core output. I dislike that build aesthetically but it truly is effective at boosting core output.

Something else that helped me bootstrap my way into bigger City runs was by sending recovered blueprints back by drones. This meant that even if I lost the run at the end, I'd at least be able to start researching the next tier of upgrades.

I'll probably have an hour or so free tonight if you want to do co-op at that point at around 8:00 PM pacific. We can try a max extract on City 1 and see how that goes. With multiple people, looting should go a lot faster. Steam profile name is: hyper.inferno.

I added you, thanks. I dont have enough to build a drone yet, and i've been playing coop so it would suck to send back a BP only I get.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Hyper Inferno posted:

Anyone else interested in joining tonight? Probably will be starting closer to 830 or so.

Now seems like a good time to ask as well, what's the hotkey to type? Still haven't figured that out.

I'll be around all weekend, had d&d last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Sometimes I go to edit my base and a bunch of my machine guns are red and it says I have insufficient of them, why?