Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

It's either that or we do microtransactions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I stand with pencilhands #freeph #pencilfans

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

They can't all be winners :shrug:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

as time goes on, i find myself favoring 0.7mm mechanical pencils over 0.5mm.

yeah, sure, you can get a finer line and write smaller, but is that really important for jotting down the occasional note? the older i get, the less i think so. and i appreciate the sturdiness and smoothness of 0.7mm, it just feels right. 0.9mm is obviously too thick and 0.3mm must be for pixies or something. somewhere out there the unicorn of 0.6mm waits to be discovered, trotting the golden streets of el dorado or entombed among the sunken treasures of atlantis

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

MrQwerty posted:

post your all-time favorite pencilhands probations itt

PROBATION 08/29/23 08:53am pencilhands I will not, in all the infinite timelines of the infinite universe, understand why the hell you decided to post this. User loses posting privileges for 1 day. Seth Pecksniff Seth Pecksniff

Im communist now

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Pencilhands alt found

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i cant tell them apart. tehy have the exact same avatar and posting style
Pencilworth and Smughands. The two posting brands I trust.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dial A For Awesome posted:

Pencilworth and Smughands. The two posting brands I trust.

yup

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Bad Purchase posted:

as time goes on, i find myself favoring 0.7mm mechanical pencils over 0.5mm.

yeah, sure, you can get a finer line and write smaller, but is that really important for jotting down the occasional note? the older i get, the less i think so. and i appreciate the sturdiness and smoothness of 0.7mm, it just feels right. 0.9mm is obviously too thick and 0.3mm must be for pixies or something. somewhere out there the unicorn of 0.6mm waits to be discovered, trotting the golden streets of el dorado or entombed among the sunken treasures of atlantis

I don't find 0.7mm smooth to write with at all frankly, feels like I'm writing with a chunk of lead/graphite

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Dial A For Awesome posted:

Pencilworth and Smughands

Thursday nights at 9 on G B S

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Nap Ghost
someone here got my olds. My good on

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

MakaVillian posted:

I don't find 0.7mm smooth to write with at all frankly, feels like I'm writing with a chunk of lead/graphite

I liked mechanical pencils when people used to write, and fountain pens, I had a few, nice ones, like the silver parker and montblancs, who writes things nowadays though?
oh, and, I'm not going to express a preference for girrrrrrth, like, each lead has its uses, like fancy fountain pen nibs for calligraphy, as opposed to "dear diary, today my dad mentioned he was gay...."
E: also, you have hardness as well as girrrrrrrth. thats important as well. in pencils, mechanical or organic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
https://goons.neocities.org/?av=https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/c2/4a/00035807.0003.png&name=Smugworth