Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I said come in! posted:

everyone is now gay for the month of april

Gaymes expected in Gaypril:

Freedom Planet 2 (Switch, PS, Xbox)
The Gap (Switch)
Biomorph (PC)
Botany Manor (PC, Switch, Xbox)
Children of the Sun (PC)
Grounded (Switch, PS)
Whisker Waters (PC, Switch, PS)
Soul Covenant (PC, PS)
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes (PC, Switch, PS, Xbox)
Tales of Kenzera: Zau (PC, Switch, PS, Xbox)
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba- Sweep the Board! (Switch)
Megaton Musashi: Wired (PC, Switch, PS)
SaGa: Emerald Beyond (PC, Switch, PS, Mobile)
Manor Lords (PC)
Sand Land (PC, PS, Xbox)
Stellar Blade (PS)
TopSpin 2K25 (PC, PS, Xbox)
Braid Anniversary Edition (PC, Switch, PS, Xbox, Mobile)
Sea of Thieves (PS)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
hello to all gaymers

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Children of the Sun demo was real real good.
Would recommend

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1309950/Children_of_the_Sun/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqHQDRqzxlQ

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Braid?!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

obviously trying to cash in on the success of oppenheimer

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2011780/Yellow_Taxi_Goes_Vroom/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVFOi0XpK_E

this game is coming out the same day and also had an amazing demo. gaming too blessed and too gay.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes is all I want to play for new releases this month. Otherwise more dragons dogma 2, and rise of the ronin.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Broken Roads AKA Dingo Elysium is out April 10th!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhO5KNbGscE

Rimworld DLC April 11th

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Can't believe they turned around an Open Roads sequel so quickly

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Eiyuden and SaGa, please.

Too bad I can't buy either, or any games, for a few months thanks to needing a new Alternator. Stupid cars.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/PatriotLies3/status/1774768675674902752

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Happy Gaypril, Gaymers :cheers:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I was watching Noel Caldwell-gervais’ essay on diablo, and when it got to diablo 2, I couldn’t help but laugh: he’s playing what’s essentially a zealadin but never actually uses Zeal, he’s just spamming regular attacks LOOOL
And he wasted his imbue on a falchion?? Every knows you need to wait until character lvl 80 and use it on a circlet to get the best chance at getting +skills modifiers.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
April Fools is like a black hole which humor cannot pierce, however it did make Yakuza better so it's impossible to say whether it's good or bad.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

im straight

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
:mods:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Saint Freak posted:

April Fools is like a black hole which humor cannot pierce, however it did make Yakuza better so it's impossible to say whether it's good or bad.

It also gave another AC-bu masterpiece so I'll let it slide this year.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
I'm gay and you can be gay and there's games.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Saint Freak posted:

https://twitter.com/gbvs_official/status/1774451589438443939

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

idgi

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

haveblue posted:

Gaymes expected in Gaypril:

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes (PC, Switch, PS, Xbox)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ3PoBFNM1M

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Gay??? Gamers????

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Happy Gaypril Xbox

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

it's true :hehe:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I am playing Pacific Drive and I want to like it but it’s kinda mid which sucks.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That was my takeaway too. It's got an amazing atmosphere and soundtrack, and the jank is charming to learn to work around at first. But then it sinks in that there's almost nothing to do out in the world but packrat generic resources, the danger is very easy to avoid or mitigate, and as you expand the territory you can access the time commitment of each run grows substantially (even with the base upgrade that's supposed to reduce this)

"Stalker with a lovely beater" is a fantastic concept and it takes some great first steps but then it just... stops taking steps and you still have 1/3 of the game to go

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

:quig:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i am cis and straight but, i am also ugly

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014
So many good JRPGs already this year, maybe this month I can start to catch up on the backl--

haveblue posted:

fuuuuuck

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

haveblue posted:

That was my takeaway too. It's got an amazing atmosphere and soundtrack, and the jank is charming to learn to work around at first. But then it sinks in that there's almost nothing to do out in the world but packrat generic resources, the danger is very easy to avoid or mitigate, and as you expand the territory you can access the time commitment of each run grows substantially (even with the base upgrade that's supposed to reduce this)

"Stalker with a lovely beater" is a fantastic concept and it takes some great first steps but then it just... stops taking steps and you still have 1/3 of the game to go

More like 3/4, honestly.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I was watching Noel Caldwell-gervais’ essay on diablo, and when it got to diablo 2, I couldn’t help but laugh: he’s playing what’s essentially a zealadin but never actually uses Zeal, he’s just spamming regular attacks LOOOL
And he wasted his imbue on a falchion?? Every knows you need to wait until character lvl 80 and use it on a circlet to get the best chance at getting +skills modifiers.

He is actually very bad at videogames, I've watched his unedited streams before and it's pretty frustrating to watch.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Everybody knows NCG is bad at videogames, he even mentions as much for disclosure in his documentaries.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Personally I've been enjoying Pacific Drive a lot, although I agree it gets repetitive and grindy. But that's part of what I enjoy, quietly driving back and forth through the countryside. But also I got kind of the opposite impression, in that the main story seems to be able to be completed pretty fast, and I've forever been postponing the final mission while I try to unlock all junctions and most of the logbook.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
what's this NCG dude's claim to fame? I dont really watch discussions about video games but he seems familiar

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://x.com/Wario64/status/1774892537263583386?s=20

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
I am currently lining up Dune Imperium as my main game of the month, having just finished the tutorial. I've never played the board game and am not even that into Dune but it seems like a very slick adaptation with an absolute boatload of strategy. The real life game is currently sitting at #6 in Board Game Geek so let's see if it lives up to the hype. So far, so good.

Funnily enough, Balatro has kind of dimmed a bit for me. Still a great game but maybe when it comes to mobile I'll go whole raging addiction with it again like I did last month.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

wizard2 posted:

what's this NCG dude's claim to fame? I dont really watch discussions about video games but he seems familiar

He can talk for a VERY long time about the plot of video games.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

imperium owns. I like the original dune bg more thematically because that game is like, the perfect example of how to adapt a book to a board game, but imperium has the important edge of just being a good interesting game on top of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Chev posted:

Personally I've been enjoying Pacific Drive a lot, although I agree it gets repetitive and grindy. But that's part of what I enjoy, quietly driving back and forth through the countryside. But also I got kind of the opposite impression, in that the main story seems to be able to be completed pretty fast, and I've forever been postponing the final mission while I try to unlock all junctions and most of the logbook.

Yeah, I’m specifically not speedrunning the main story. I’m trying to build up my car and unlock base upgrades before I enter the third zone. And I dunno about you but it’s become a hell of a slog.