Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Nice try microsoft but I do have a calendar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

wizard2 posted:

what's this NCG dude's claim to fame? I dont really watch discussions about video games but he seems familiar

he's got some of the best Americana travelogues around

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pollyanna posted:

Yeah, I’m specifically not speedrunning the main story. I’m trying to build up my car and unlock base upgrades before I enter the third zone. And I dunno about you but it’s become a hell of a slog.

I've always picked up as much as I could on each trip, apart from 2-3 trips where I'd run out of room in the garage (although that eventually took care of itself), so the driving force has always been visiting new junctions. I've had a couple upgrade hindrances almost entirely linked to how I'd though a resource I did know how to find was instead a new one I'd never found a spot for. Also I was tight on chemicals for repair putty for a while, which was actually related to the mistaken scarceness of that other resource (it's the one that you need for the next tier repair item). But also, I'm keeping a fairly mid-tech car (as some of the higher tiers have higher power consumption, which I don't estimate worth the tradeoff right now).

Other than that, right now as I have only one or two junctions left there's one endgame resource I'm finding to be really sparse right now. But also I didn't have the right tool for a while, and after that all the maps I visited that had it also had a very specific storm type that's proven to be a real hindrance.

I think the thing I really might need to grind for is there's a specific tier 1 anomaly I haven't scanned and I might haunt lower tier junctions trying to find out just what it is. And also the podcasts, since I usually only get one per trip, and I think there might still be a dozen left.

Chev fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Apr 1, 2024

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

april fools, silksong is never coming out

e:f;b

haveblue posted:

Nice try microsoft but I do have a calendar

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Will I manage to finish a game this month instead of just sporadically playing tiny bursts of like twenty different games? Only time will tell.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i finished Dragon's Dogma 2 and since i don't really feel like doing another playthrough i am probably going to play some tekken

except there's maintenance tonight so who knows what will happen

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I bounced off of dragdog2 to play unicorn overlord a second time. Vanillaware doesn't miss

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Does anyone else like, binge the gently caress out of video games. Like just spend all your free time on them for day or weeks at a time, then drop them and never play again. Or am I nuts

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mode 7 posted:

Will I manage to finish a game this month instead of just sporadically playing tiny bursts of like twenty different games? Only time will tell.

Don't doxx me ITT

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

Does anyone else like, binge the gently caress out of video games. Like just spend all your free time on them for day or weeks at a time, then drop them and never play again. Or am I nuts

I do this with single player games, very one-at-a-time method to working through my backlog.

Multiplayer is a bit of a grab bag, if I have friends playing I’ll stick with it longer, otherwise it’s a short love affair and then onto the next thing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
cute
https://twitter.com/AggroCrabGames/status/1774850872935342243

I don't feel it's worth getting upset or worked up over april fools jokes, sometimes they're decent, sometimes they're stupid but result in a goofy actual manifested product, most of the time they're garbage. it's fine!

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

Not sure if this is what you mean, but I'm very much momentum-based. I'll play a new game for like 4+ hours every day, but if I take more than a couple of days off from the game it becomes very hard for me to pick it back up, even if I'm really enjoying it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I accidentally drove into another plane and Prez was like "noooo"

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Mr. Trampoline posted:

Not sure if this is what you mean, but I'm very much momentum-based. I'll play a new game for like 4+ hours every day, but if I take more than a couple of days off from the game it becomes very hard for me to pick it back up, even if I'm really enjoying it

This is why my BG3 playthrough is still sitting at act 3.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
gape-ril

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

cute

I don't feel it's worth getting upset or worked up over april fools jokes, sometimes they're decent, sometimes they're stupid but result in a goofy actual manifested product, most of the time they're garbage. it's fine!

this one is funny

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

https://youtu.be/5-ddpM_jlME?si=bXAUegsZGApIYrdS

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

I,m strayght

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Captain Invictus posted:

cute

This is how I found out this game existed and now I'm interested in it, so good job April Fools joke!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Kark Souls

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The Noel Caldwell-Gervais video made diablo 4 seem pretty good… feeling tempted…

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Jerusalem posted:

This is how I found out this game existed and now I'm interested in it, so good job April Fools joke!

exactly this. april fools day... ftw?????

e: this game is not even out yet. fooled again!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

cheetah7071 posted:

I bounced off of dragdog2 to play unicorn overlord a second time. Vanillaware doesn't miss

I would simply just play Fire Emblem instead

Captain Invictus posted:

cute

I've never heard of this game but it sounds very cute

Also, they should 100% add Dark Soulslike mode as a real thing and not get sued into oblivion

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

RBA Starblade posted:

there isn't a single fire emblem i haven't played at least twice. most of them many more times than that

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

there's a crucial difference between FE and unicorn overlord. unicorn overlord is good.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

homeless snail posted:

there's a crucial difference between FE and unicorn overlord. unicorn overlord is good.

fly away troll

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Having now played 2 fire emblems, it’s clear to me that fire emblem is, on average, ok

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Muscle Tracer posted:

exactly this. april fools day... ftw?????

e: this game is not even out yet. fooled again!
yeah they announced the release date for it relatively recently. it's cute dark souls with crabs! yay!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjGoS9rOSYw&hd=1

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

Having now played 2 fire emblems, it’s clear to me that fire emblem is, on average, ok

On average it's slightly better than good due to the two rolls

homeless snail posted:

Based on their prior history that seems unlikely

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
imagine being a vanillaware hater

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

chocolatewares better

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

imagine being a vanillaware hater

I'm allergic to jiggling things

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir was good though

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

RBA Starblade posted:

Based on their prior history that seems unlikely
Yeah when you have so many good games in a row, there's no way you can keep the pattern going.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hwurmp posted:

I'm allergic to jiggling things

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir was good though

I just prefer my mech pilots to be adults and/or clothed

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

RBA Starblade posted:

i don't know what kind of game you think 13 sentinels is but that's the dumbest fuckin thing i've ever read lol

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

a-april fools...?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

RBA Starblade posted:

Really incredibly bad use of and/or there, drat. Impressive.

Edit: No wait, I am the one who is bad at reading. Keeping this up as a symbol of shame.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Waffleman_ posted:

I accidentally drove into another plane and Prez was like "noooo"

Classic Prez

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Infinity Gaia posted:

Really incredibly bad use of and/or there, drat. Impressive.

Edit: No wait, I am the one who is bad at reading. Keeping this up as a symbol of shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Captain Invictus posted:

yeah they announced the release date for it relatively recently. it's cute dark souls with crabs! yay!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjGoS9rOSYw&hd=1

I thought this game was called Aggro Crab