Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

so that means dark souls is a crab-like game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I thought this game was called Aggro Crab

Aggro Crab is the dev studio

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wanna see the Aggro Crab take on the Aggro Crag with a copy of Agro Soar as the prize

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kerrzhe posted:

i finished Dragon's Dogma 2 and since i don't really feel like doing another playthrough i am probably going to play some tekken

except there's maintenance tonight so who knows what will happen

The online downtime has been all day. There is still the single player stuff, but that's no fun.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

I just prefer my mech pilots to be adults and/or clothed

:kstare:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

The Noel Caldwell-Gervais video made diablo 4 seem pretty good… feeling tempted…

hosed up but yeah, actually

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Jay Rust posted:

The Noel Caldwell-Gervais video made diablo 4 seem pretty good… feeling tempted…

Runa posted:

hosed up but yeah, actually

What did he say?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Am I missing something with Dragons Dogma 1 or is there no way to advance time other than resting at one of the three inns I've found that are all five minutes (or less) walk away from each other?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Infinitum posted:

Wanna see the Aggro Crab take on the Aggro Crag with a copy of Agro Soar as the prize

Gotta find a way to involve the horse from Shadow of the Colossus

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Am I missing something with Dragons Dogma 1 or is there no way to advance time other than resting at one of the three inns I've found that are all five minutes (or less) walk away from each other?
time advances on its own, its just like a day is something like 40 minutes

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Play Last Epoch instead. Although if you have Game Pass, then you might as well check out Diablo IV.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

homeless snail posted:

time advances on its own, its just like a day is something like 40 minutes

I just want another place to sleep....

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

of all the stuff in dd2, being able to camp outside is probably the one thing thats unreservedly an improvement over dd1. because dd1 is very much, just the one town and a couple of outposts and everything takes a travel day to get to

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

On the other hand it DID force you to actually interact with night time, while in DD2 campfires are all over the place so you never really have to deal with that stuff if you don't want to unless a random night attack happens (extremely rare in my experience).

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

homeless snail posted:

there's a crucial difference between FE and unicorn overlord. unicorn overlord is good.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/GamesCage_/status/1774683672894906459?s=20

Rinkles posted:

What did he say?

The actual campaign is good stuff and that you should definitely stop when you beat it because that's when the real treadmill kicks off.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Content Warning is a metric ton of fun that's currently free for the next few hours. In a similar vein to Lethal Company, you and 3 friends venture into haunted catacombs to record footage of spooky phenomena, usually with tragic results. That's okay though, because those horrific deaths are what garner the most views!

The footage you record even gets spat out as .webm videos!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce5GlYTtWtU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ytNDl0jBbQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxQ9e2i9ql4

Game's totally going to blow up on streaming sites this month.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Don't like walking at night but I do appreciate that DD1 has actual dungeons occasionally

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

On the other hand it DID force you to actually interact with night time, while in DD2 campfires are all over the place so you never really have to deal with that stuff if you don't want to unless a random night attack happens (extremely rare in my experience).
I've had plenty of adventures where I was badly hosed up in the middle of nowhere and couldn't find a camp and just had to make due. It could probably stand to have maybe 30% fewer camps though, there's a couple places in particular that they're within sight of each other. also a few more time limited quests although, the way camping interacts with the unmoored world, is conceptually very cool even if it doesn't do a whole lot with it

the dark secret of both DDs though is, night time isn't that bad. it's dark and you can't see poo poo but both games are fairly easy also. I never gave a poo poo about night in DD1, and DD2 I mostly camped just because ghosts are annoying

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't really care about enemies at night it's just impossible to explore anywhere at night because you can't see poo poo and I like exploring.

There's way too many loving dire wolves though.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm still collecting my feelings about DD2 and they're definitely, mostly positive and have enjoyed every bit of the 100 hours I've put into it, but also can't help but be a little disappointed because it is not an unquantifiably better game than 1. I'm considering doing a quickie ng+ run to gently caress around with it a bit more but I think I'd be equally satisfied doing another run of DD1

moment to moment it's vastly improved and the combat is, still continuing to surprise and amaze me. but DD1 I love for the feeling of adventuring and weird rear end quest design and esoteric scenario and DD2 is a game that is mostly, quantity over quality in every regard. everything's just bigger scale but with about the same amount of Stuff. the maps multiple times larger than DD1's but, it also has about as many interesting locations just further apart, and also the same amount of monster variety as the game that's four times shorter. there are some good quests and they have some crazy contingency design where a lot of my quests just, do not resemble how other people describe them but also just proportionally a lot of them are kinda nothing. also massively expanded scope in how they expect you to interact with NPCs but, none of them really have poo poo to say or react to what's currently happening. I think I'd rather them, just make another game at DD1 scale

and the endgame is insanely cool in a way that expands from DD1's, but also, it's about as much or slightly less content than the everfall just blown out to cover the entire map so you have to travel more to see it (but traveling is, somewhat interestingly built into the design of it)

final snailscore... 85.6%. but sadly DDDA is solidly 87.4ish, perhaps even 88. will revise score when dlc comes out

homeless snail fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Apr 2, 2024

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i think what's disappointing about DD2 is that it's achingly short of being a great game. if they'd squashed vermund by, like, 15% and put their resource budget towards adding more monster variety and squeezing in a large dungeon or two, then you'd have a genuine GotY experience, but it's running on fumes for a lot of the back half

it's at least something that can be theoretically fixed with some DLC so while i'm not holding my breath, the possibility's at least there

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Play Last Epoch instead. Although if you have Game Pass, then you might as well check out Diablo IV.

last epoch is boring and has genderlocked classes so it's trash actually

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Runa posted:

The actual campaign is good stuff and that you should definitely stop when you beat it because that's when the real treadmill kicks off.

i wouldn't call it good but it's not bad. it looks nice and if you have fond memories of D2 you'll enjoy some moments a lot. but it's kind of boring once you stop being impressed by the production values. i played it on release so maybe they made it more interesting now, idk.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

An Actual Princess posted:

last epoch is boring and has genderlocked classes so it's trash actually

I mean, so does PoE so that's not exactly an argument in favor of it.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I was wondering, is there any specific thread in Video Games for talking about issue solving in PC games?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Infinity Gaia posted:

I mean, so does PoE so that's not exactly an argument in favor of it.

i'm not happy with poe's genderlocked classes either

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Decided to try No More Heroes III, and this series apparently loving rules?
I've only seen Killer7 which wasn't for me and played... what was it called... Let it Die? Which was a little too wacky for me, but NMH actually doesn't half-rear end its wackiness and every time you feel comfortable it throws some new cutscene direction or a weird thing at you. It's certainly not for everyone, and gameplay doesn't reach heights of other similar games, but it's just so wild that I think I enjoy it more than any character action game I've played save for Bayo 1 (granted, mainly because I'm bad at them)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Definitely go back and give NMH1 and 2 a try then. They're both great games.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Dabir posted:

The final boss of NMH2 can eat poo poo, one of the worst I've ever had to slog through. It's a constant battle with the camera 2/3rds of the time and iirc, it was (is?) actually bugged.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This looks like it has the potential to be dope as gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-v7o3TQZ2o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viVi4tfh0Io

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Dabir posted:

Planning on it! I'm usually the type of person to start from the beginning of the series (hell, I've played Dragon Quest I and no matter how bad it felt it was interesting to see the evolution), but it kinda fits with the tone that I know nothing about anything.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I was wondering, is there any specific thread in Video Games for talking about issue solving in PC games?

I don't think there's a single generic PC troubleshooting thread (there's an entire other forum for that) but any game thread for a PC title is usually willing to handle that sort of question

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
not a bad idea for a thread though, you should start one

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I'm out of town for a few days and can't Overlord my Unicorns :(

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

not a bad idea for a thread though, you should start one

But then I'd be OP and I'd have the nagging of needing a good OP despite knowing I can :justpost: (and also that I'm too paranoid to post external programs as solutions despite all evidence that they are safe).

haveblue posted:

I don't think there's a single generic PC troubleshooting thread (there's an entire other forum for that) but any game thread for a PC title is usually willing to handle that sort of question

Yeah but I noticed there's not for common Game issues Deal is I'm having troubles with STRANGER OF PARADISE: FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN and the FF thread seems to not have much experience, but given it seems similar to an issue I also had with the Wo Long demo I could ask in that thread.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
so Devolver's April Fool's joke about getting into reality TV was actually a teaser for a game announcement, cute

https://twitter.com/nicolehe/status/1775178078433444111

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Getting back into Granblue Fantasy Versus Rising with the latest patch, god I'm so bad at fighting games but they're so fun.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ibblebibble posted:

Getting back into Granblue Fantasy Versus Rising with the latest patch, god I'm so bad at fighting games but they're so fun.

Versus Rising is really good! I've been getting back into this game too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Vookatos posted:

Decided to try No More Heroes III, and this series apparently loving rules?
I've only seen Killer7 which wasn't for me and played... what was it called... Let it Die? Which was a little too wacky for me, but NMH actually doesn't half-rear end its wackiness and every time you feel comfortable it throws some new cutscene direction or a weird thing at you. It's certainly not for everyone, and gameplay doesn't reach heights of other similar games, but it's just so wild that I think I enjoy it more than any character action game I've played save for Bayo 1 (granted, mainly because I'm bad at them)

Yeah I bought NMH3 first but decided to go through the first two before jumping into it. NMH1 was so good and I breezed through the last half of the game.

I figured out that Chained Echoes can run in my old laptop while I'm in Miami so finally putting in the time that game deserves. What a killer JRPG experience.