Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

If I shield somebody then decide I wanna shield somebody else, how do I do that without hitting undo a shitload

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:lol: they 100% blew their load last year with Metzen coming back for the WoW World Soul Trilogy announcement.
Ticketing prices for it in 2023 were loving stupid as well. $300 to get in, and $700 for Special Best Boy pass (Which was meant to get you first in line to events, but they still hosed up)

Lord knows whats happened behind the scenes with Microsoft getting a good look at the books, but I expect that's played a factor as well.
Particularly when you factor in the cancellation of unannounced Project Odyssey mmo, you're better off not putting on an expensive song and dance.

Maybe they'll get to work on Starcraft 3 finally

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I've discovered I can't play games any more, my attention span has completely gone to poo poo way more than it already was. I bought Monster Hunter Rise a dog's age ago and only got around to trying it yesterday but it's way too many loving words. I need a game that is suitable for people like myself who are incapable of learning.

you need a nice fps like duke nukem 3d

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I'm so far behind everyone else when it comes to games played. Assassin's Creed IV is the next game I'm going to play

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Fallout 4 update is PC as well? I thought it was only Xbox and Playstation. Neat!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I'm glad blizzard is dying

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

galenanorth posted:

I'm so far behind everyone else when it comes to games played. Assassin's Creed IV is the next game I'm going to play

It's good.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Infinitum posted:

The Fallout 4 update is PC as well? I thought it was only Xbox and Playstation. Neat!

The update on PC is basically nothing sadly. Just ultra widescreen support.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

stev posted:

The update on PC is basically nothing sadly. Just ultra widescreen support.

There seems to be a bit of additional content too but doesn't sound very interesting.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's enough to break the script extender and with it a bunch of mod stuff

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

galenanorth posted:

Solid choice.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Infinitum posted:

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1783560161115672585

Edit:

The "next gen" patch does not introduce any graphical improvements.
The new ultrawide support has a poorly stretched user interface that will require a user made patch⁠—basically the same solution ultrawide gamers were using before the update.
Fallout 4's iteration of the Creation engine still doesn't support frame rates over 60fps.
The "Weapon Debris" graphics setting still causes the game to crash on RTX cards, an issue that has been present since RTX cards were introduced.

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 25, 2024

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Infinitum posted:

:lol: they 100% blew their load last year with Metzen coming back for the WoW World Soul Trilogy announcement.
Ticketing prices for it in 2023 were loving stupid as well. $300 to get in, and $700 for Special Best Boy pass (Which was meant to get you first in line to events, but they still hosed up)

Lord knows whats happened behind the scenes with Microsoft getting a good look at the books, but I expect that's played a factor as well.
Particularly when you factor in the cancellation of unannounced Project Odyssey mmo, you're better off not putting on an expensive song and dance.

I don't think the company that demands every project be a WoW tier infinite money machine is going to make an rts ever again. Pretty much all their rts developers left to make their own games, like Stormgate.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Perfect. No notes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Fallout: London had to delay their launch indefinitely because the patch came out two days after their intended launch

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I reinstalled Fallout 4. I have an old nearly 100 hour save from 2019 but didn't feel like spending time on figuring out what the hell I was doing in that playthrough, so I made a new character and wandered around for a couple of hours.

Running into the same old bugs (NPC's doing furniture-occupying animations from far away, my dog companion disappearing, a radscorpion ambushing me and then getting stuck and disappearing on death, teleporting mole rats, etc.) felt really nostalgic.

Oh, and the ultrawide support they promised is kinda half-assed. For example, the power armor UI doesn't cover the screen correctly and some UI elements break just a little bit, like the stat allocation screen and bartering.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1783560161115672585

Edit:

The "next gen" patch does not introduce any graphical improvements.
The new ultrawide support has a poorly stretched user interface that will require a user made patch⁠—basically the same solution ultrawide gamers were using before the update.
Fallout 4's iteration of the Creation engine still doesn't support frame rates over 60fps.
The "Weapon Debris" graphics setting still causes the game to crash on RTX cards, an issue that has been present since RTX cards were introduced.

Lmao normal Bethesda quality.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's all right they'll do a patch to fix the patch

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

dangerous

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
a paatch

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Starting up Spider-Man 2 and lmao at this fuckin Peter Parker saying "We don't spy on people"

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Rarity posted:

It's all right they'll do a patch to fix the patch

yeah? are you certain?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

wizard2 posted:

yeah? are you certain?

It's patches all the way down

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Patchception

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rarity posted:

It's all right modders will patch the patch for free to fix the patch

ftfy

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
https://x.com/jesawyer/status/1783594734382133473?s=46

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Rarity posted:

It's patches all the way down

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

drat, the Dualsense got a pretty dece battery compared to the DS4

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Informal poll: in super Mario world, is your ideal loadout feather/feather or feather/flower?

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

feather gives you incredible movement id much rather have that at all times

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I can't think of a situation off the top of my head where I'd prefer the flower to the feather

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Fajita Queen posted:

I can't think of a situation off the top of my head where I'd prefer the flower to the feather

water levels, mostly

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Feather/Feather is almost certainly the better choice in most situations but when I played it I usually tried to keep one of each just because it felt like the right thing to do.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://x.com/Arbys/status/1783592025624924387

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Wait it's that soon?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

cheetah7071 posted:

water levels, mostly

Many underground levels too. The ideal loadout is always situational.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Infinitum posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHZru-6M8BY

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Make Starcraft 3 a microtransaction in WoW. Got it

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

maybe he shouldhave spent 2 years of overtime making a good game instead