Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/MrTalida/status/1783293071846670816

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

AlphaKeny1 posted:

maybe he shouldhave spent 2 years of overtime making a good game instead

He's spent 6 years making Heartbound

I actually have no idea how successful that game is because his Twitch numbers are buckwild

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/teal_aurelia/status/1783533969616621725

Try to guess what game this is advertising.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

Wow, a minute and thirty seconds and I still had no idea what was being sold or promoted. So I Googled it and it's a "Second Life metaverse role-play community".
I STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS BEING SOLD AND/OR PROMOTED.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gonna be real I'm not gonna go to "thecrackden.com" to find out more.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh, Second Life

Okay now that I know what to look for those models do look like they come from there

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

lmao i guessed Xdefiant

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1783560161115672585

Edit:

The "next gen" patch does not introduce any graphical improvements.
The new ultrawide support has a poorly stretched user interface that will require a user made patch⁠—basically the same solution ultrawide gamers were using before the update.
Fallout 4's iteration of the Creation engine still doesn't support frame rates over 60fps.
The "Weapon Debris" graphics setting still causes the game to crash on RTX cards, an issue that has been present since RTX cards were introduced.

Uh, 100% of the fun in Bethesda games is trying to make them become fun and get them working. Journalists missing the point as usual.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

The real question is why so many of the replies are doing this ((I am talking)) thing

edit: of course it's an out of character indicator

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Milwaukee Public Library is a pretty amazing Shelves Like

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

Gonna be real I'm not gonna go to "thecrackden.com" to find out more.

Love getting cracks at the crackden!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTllsbHnj2s

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
apple lets you use the share button on a connected controller, but for whatever reason requires a double press or hold. there's no single press assignment.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

External Organs posted:

Milwaukee Public Library is a pretty amazing Shelves Like

id say its more of a city building experience

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Crossposting from my project thread: Playing and Ranking Every PSX Game

:siren: Starting now, Friday 4/26/24, I will be doing a marathon of the PSX version of Diablo 1 :siren:

https://www.twitch.tv/ritoru_demon

I will be playing from level 1, through every difficulty, until beating diablo on the hardest setting. I expect a 12-14 hour stream. I will also have a call-in number where we can talk about your relationship problems OR talk about PSX games.

If anyone is bored today, stop by and call in.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That Little Demon posted:

Crossposting from my project thread: Playing and Ranking Every PSX Game

:siren: Starting now, Friday 4/26/24, I will be doing a marathon of the PSX version of Diablo 1 :siren:

https://www.twitch.tv/ritoru_demon

I will be playing from level 1, through every difficulty, until beating diablo on the hardest setting. I expect a 12-14 hour stream. I will also have a call-in number where we can talk about your relationship problems OR talk about PSX games.

If anyone is bored today, stop by and call in.

This is really cool! The playthrough of the PSX library is an awesome goal, and the PS1 version of Diablo is good. Will be watching.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/SubluxeMK/status/1783639178590531710

lol

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I have to wonder how much of their life they dedicated to grinding in order to get a platform to complain about the game they were grinding.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

king

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

one of the most powerful flexes in human history

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

we have witnessed the birth of a new god

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Has anyone told him FFXIV has a free trial

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Speaking of, my FF3 playthrough is in the books :toot:

I got two more party wipes, both against the 2-headed dragon and one-shot KO physical attacks which was just ridiculous and I'm pretty sure I only beat it by lucking the RNG. After that the actual final boss wasn't so bad thanks to major shuriken/bahamut/curaja/elixir spam. All in all this was a really fun game and I had a great time the whole way through. If people have bounced off FF3 in different versions then the pixel remaster is a very cool way to experience the game because the difficulty is tuned down just enough to avoid frustration while still being challenging.

Next up, committing war crimes in FF4!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

ImpAtom posted:

I have to wonder how much of their life they dedicated to grinding in order to get a platform to complain about the game they were grinding.

What's their username ?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

ImpAtom posted:

Maple Story incarnate

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

External Organs posted:

What's their username ?

hth

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

ImpAtom posted:

https://twitter.com/SubluxeMK/status/1783639590072656291

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The rare "I punched myself in the face to kick you in the balls" tactic.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Here's the full video I believe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPjMTiNTia4

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

The rare "I punched myself in the face to kick you in the balls" tactic.

Closer to "I shot my own legs off to get a bit of dust in your eye" imo

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

Speaking of, my FF3 playthrough is in the books :toot:

I got two more party wipes, both against the 2-headed dragon and one-shot KO physical attacks which was just ridiculous and I'm pretty sure I only beat it by lucking the RNG. After that the actual final boss wasn't so bad thanks to major shuriken/bahamut/curaja/elixir spam. All in all this was a really fun game and I had a great time the whole way through. If people have bounced off FF3 in different versions then the pixel remaster is a very cool way to experience the game because the difficulty is tuned down just enough to avoid frustration while still being challenging.

Next up, committing war crimes in FF4!

Sup, Rarity? You goin through the series?

I just put a few pounds of chicken thighs on the stove to slow cook in some pork stock I made.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
I've been watching Kyle Bosman play Sand Land and it actually looks pretty fun. Not full price fun, but like $30 fun. There's way more to it than the big empty field of the demo.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

He's right.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"i asked them to giev branch? giev meso? but nobody gaev branch or gaev meso :mad:"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How is Forza Horizon 5 in terms of just jumping it and doing a bunch of cool races while absolutely fanging it without having to unlock a bunch of poo poo?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

so I am told that Tarkov devs decided to gently caress the players who were captured enough to pay $140 USD for “all future DLC”, by releasing a $250 version with a mode that the 140-dollar peasants don’t get

just breathtaking, really

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

How is Forza Horizon 5 in terms of just jumping it and doing a bunch of cool races while absolutely fanging it without having to unlock a bunch of poo poo?

Mixed, my biggest issue with Horizon 5 is how much it wants to force its car festival vibes and characters on you, with endless voice dialog that you cant skip, and introducing you to new stuff. Once you get through all of that though then you are mostly good. You can also create your own races, and play races created by other players, and you get unlocks, rank ups, and money from this stuff too. The game is super generous in throwing cars at you for free. So much so that a lot of players actually feel like it cheapens the game because there’s nothing to really work towards.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Subjunctive posted:

so I am told that Tarkov devs decided to gently caress the players who were captured enough to pay $140 USD for “all future DLC”, by releasing a $250 version with a mode that the 140-dollar peasants don’t get

just breathtaking, really

the $250 pack is pay to win too, it gives you stuff like a bigger inventory size and a special bonus where the hostile AI enemies won't shoot at you

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Where are the Mummy killing games? Zombies and vampires for days and no mummies

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Tarkov implodes, Marathon moves into the vacuum, Bungie stays winning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

the $250 pack is pay to win too, it gives you stuff like a bigger inventory size and a special bonus where the hostile AI enemies won't shoot at you

well I should loving hope it helps you win for $250!