Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

DerekSmartymans posted:

The only one I know is Tails Gets Trolled

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Played some Forza Horizon 5. It's dumb fun racing, which is pretty much what I was after.
Also it's pretty as hack

BUT! Delivery of DLC cars is super loving bad, cause the menu UI's a bit dogshit.
They're all hidden nested 4 menus down in certain screens you might not notice.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

My favourite algorithm thing is when I clicked a Red Dead Redemption video to see where to get a nice horsie at the start of the game and instantly got recommend [CHARACTER] DEATH SCENE 4K NO COMMENTARY.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

tfw you watch vtubers on youtube and suddenly the algorithm decides your recommendations are full of 2002 webcam videos of white girls singing anime ops

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think mine is good because I spent time watching old videos of argentine motor racing

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
*smugly* i just turn off the algorithm

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Infinitum posted:

Played some Forza Horizon 5. It's dumb fun racing, which is pretty much what I was after.
Also it's pretty as hack

BUT! Delivery of DLC cars is super loving bad, cause the menu UI's a bit dogshit.
They're all hidden nested 4 menus down in certain screens you might not notice.

I grabbed FH4 in the recent sale and it has a lot of this. A week later and I still keep stumbling upon "oh there's ten new cars for you, $0" but because I wasn't in a specific menu I never saw them prior.

Also nothing makes me laugh harder than all the Mixer ads in the game, right before I find out a swath of the clothes are locked behind ranking up on the site and I can't unlock them anymore. What a time capsule.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Vermain posted:

tales of kenzera is cool because i watched the skillup review for it and then the algorithm decided that the related videos it should shove into my recommends were all "tales of kenzera is another WOKE FAILURE from SWEET BABY INC" horseshit

I love that after years of chuds going "Black people should just make their own original games with their own original stories instead of polluting our precious corporate IP media with their mere presence", a game Tales of Kenzera comes along and is like "Okay, fine, we will", and chuds are still like "STOP FORCING ME TO SEE BLACK PEOPLE! :qq:"

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I don't love that at all

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Runa posted:

I don't love that at all

Neither do I.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I love hearing about chuds on Twitter, also known as "X".

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I've seen what YouTube pushes when logged out and it's really bad, basically a concentrated delivery of the worst YouTube has going on at any time.

I'm grateful I can barely go 3 related autoplay videos before it reverts back to trying to play music, or reruns of myth busters or taskmaster.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

every time i see a youtube frontpage without any user data SSSniperwolf is in the top 20 recommendations

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I use an extension to completely hide the suggested videos sidebar & front page :hai:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cant wait to see what the chuds are going to say about this one.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm getting reports they are saying they have had some time to reflect and are apologizing

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Khanstant posted:

I'm getting reports they are saying they have had some time to reflect and are apologizing

whats up with this weird surge of new SA registries at the end of April? wtf...can a chud reform?????

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

xoFcitcrA posted:

WAIT WAIT WAIT

It's not a "Tales of" series game? The devs can't possibly be unaware that they're using the same title scheme as a JRPG series that's been popular since the 90s, right?
I mean, I'd seen the title but never gave it a look because I assumed it was a "Tales of" game and I already have a million JRPGs in the queue. Way to shoot yourself in the foot by giving it a title that ensures that anyone who doesn't like JRPGs or anime stylings will NEVER LOOK AT IT.

Game devs / publishers are absurdly bad at naming things.

A new Tales of game would be a million times better than the worlds most 5/10 metroidvania

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
ahahahaha
https://twitter.com/ksononair/status/1784183495927226541
https://twitter.com/JWonggg/status/1784183595537748310

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmfao

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I don't get it, is he just being exposed as short

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Look at the hands

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Dabir posted:

I don't get it, is he just being exposed as short

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuSMEVhPvTY

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

Okay, had to look that one up. I get it now.

Why is this thread the thing that most makes me feel like I've turned into my dad?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Because you're old. Happens to all of us.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

I use an extension to completely hide the suggested videos sidebar & front page :hai:

same, and ads. I hope it hurts twitters bottom line.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I understand recommended videos can be a real mixed bag but I've found some truly incredible, one-of-a-kind stuff in there, especially when it recommends me videos with literally no views

observe the power of the recommended tab's picks for videos with zero views(at the time)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGdY559hYTE&hd=1

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

xoFcitcrA posted:

Okay, had to look that one up. I get it now.

Why is this thread the thing that most makes me feel like I've turned into my dad?

If it makes you feel any better, I still don't get it, and I'm not going to look it up

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I know who Justin Wong is but I still don't understand the significance of the hands

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

One hand is forming half of a heart and instead of completing the heart the other hand makes a platonic thumbs up

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Dabir posted:

I know who Justin Wong is but I still don't understand the significance of the hands

It's a goofy gesture for "friendzone" that people do as a bit

Two people making a heart out of their hands is a twee meme some couples do. If one person attempts to make a heart while the other instead chooses to give a thumbs up, it looks funny to people aware of the context. It's not really the sort of thing that happens sincerely, it's pretty much always just a joke for the camera.

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F92BQ8RsOA8

Runa fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Apr 28, 2024

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
when you both do the circular hand shape it forms a love heart

the thumbs up is denying the gesture

edit: t-t-triple post

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I too am old and didnt understand the reference. I use to get the current in thing, but now I no longer do. Literally that loving Simpsons meme, and I was a child when that episode originally aired.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I have also aged since childhood. Life is a gently caress!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mutata posted:

I have also aged since childhood. Life is a gently caress!

Its really loving rude that this happened too. Its like, okay????? I didn't even give consent to loving exist, much less age.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’m aging right now

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Dry-aging can bring out a lot of new flavours

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I was playing Fallout one for the first time in maybe a decade, using the Steam version, and I need to ask this somewhere:

Did Bethesda patch in armor drops for all enemies? My recollection is that enemies DIDN'T drop armor in Fallout 1&2, whereas I just cleared out the Khans and now I have more money then makes any sense an hour into the game? I'd swear it didn't use to be like this??

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

homeless snail posted:

tfw you watch vtubers on youtube and suddenly the algorithm decides your recommendations are full of 2002 webcam videos of white girls singing anime ops

RIP homeless snail, crossed the ikenai borderline.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

No! You fool!

My youtube algorithm folly was watching 3 thirty second animation memes in a row, and then youtube decided that my attention span was 1 minute max.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

DalaranJ posted:

My youtube algorithm folly was watching 3 thirty second animation memes in a row, and then youtube decided that my attention span was 1 minute max.
youtube is correct