Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I watched some steamed hams memes and now I get steamed hams memes every half a dozen youtube page loads.

they're usually shockingly good and I click most of them, perpetuating the cycle.

e: like so
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGZvkqWHnbQ&hd=1

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

Jack B Nimble posted:

I was playing Fallout one for the first time in maybe a decade, using the Steam version, and I need to ask this somewhere:

Did Bethesda patch in armor drops for all enemies? My recollection is that enemies DIDN'T drop armor in Fallout 1&2, whereas I just cleared out the Khans and now I have more money then makes any sense an hour into the game? I'd swear it didn't use to be like this??

Your recollection is probably correct and you just slipped between dimensions at some point or points in your life and didn't notice. Mad armor drops in this dimension, but I don't think Bethesda has done any work on 1&2 after they bought the IP.

George Washington was short in my home dimension.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

xoFcitcrA posted:

Your recollection is probably correct and you just slipped between dimensions at some point or points in your life and didn't notice. Mad armor drops in this dimension, but I don't think Bethesda has done any work on 1&2 after they bought the IP.

George Washington was short in my home dimension.

Google is showing me random forum posts from people complaining about enemies not dropping the armor they carried in Fallout, maybe Bethesda/Steam just posted whatever the most patched version was and the original devs did this at some point?? It, uh, completely breaks the game's economy and progression.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Jack B Nimble posted:

Google is showing me random forum posts from people complaining about enemies not dropping the armor they carried in Fallout, maybe Bethesda/Steam just posted whatever the most patched version was and the original devs did this at some point?? It, uh, completely breaks the game's economy and progression.

Huh. I played hundreds of hours of Fallout in the late 90s and I remember it a bit more like you do.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jack B Nimble posted:

I was playing Fallout one for the first time in maybe a decade, using the Steam version, and I need to ask this somewhere:

Did Bethesda patch in armor drops for all enemies? My recollection is that enemies DIDN'T drop armor in Fallout 1&2, whereas I just cleared out the Khans and now I have more money then makes any sense an hour into the game? I'd swear it didn't use to be like this??

I think you got super lucky, I played the same version and didn't get anything like that, just a little here or there

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
You know, maybe it's just the Khans? Clearing out their camp is what gave me a dozen suits of armor each worth $2k, plus tons of weapons and ammo.

You'd think shooting them would have been something I'd have done back in the day but I was probably optimal brained towards always doing quests if that offers a "peaceful" resolution, whereas in this play through I rolled up, saw that they kept slaves, and started blastin'.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I remember doing things to get more cash than I ever really needed really quickly and easily. Don't remember what I did or if was an exploit or cheese or just meticulous selling of looted crap but I never considered it part of progression. In general I would say the amount of time money or resources are a consideration in every fallout game is like the first couple of hours maybe.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I either didn't know how to make money or didn't have any accurate ability to judge supplies, because I considered resource management a core gameplay pillar. This was probably more like 20 years ago so this is probably a Resident Evil situation where I just don't realize that the theming is hiding the fact that my resources are, in fact, trending up all game.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYfJzv3FUnM

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Waffleman_ posted:

Look at the hands

AI art you've gone too far

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
dang, really doesn't look like the Gregory Horror Picture Show kickstarter will make it, at the rate it's been going. I know basically nothing about that game(and anime, I guess?) except that a weirdly sizeable number of people I've known over the years were absolutely nuts for it, so it's a bummer for them that it probably won't get reimagined with a more modern style and a new show.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQkOfw5XWeo

Time to get dandy.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Daisuke with another killer song

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Daisuke with another slayer song

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

why is he called "slayer" if he's a vampire

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/CiderHomiCider/status/1784685274716406006

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Vermain posted:

His drip

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Vermain posted:

The s is silent

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Mode 7 posted:

His drip

His gonorrhea?

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

credburn posted:

His gonorrhea?

yes

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

DalaranJ posted:

My youtube algorithm folly was watching 3 thirty second animation memes in a row, and then youtube decided that my attention span was 1 minute max.

tl;dr

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Looking at my stats... and GotM is... elden ring

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Jay Rust posted:

Looking at my stats... and GotM is... elden ring

Same. I am discovering the joys of STR-INT.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Lmaaao

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/LithPyro/status/1784750954006417871

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Muscle Tracer posted:

Same. I am discovering the joys of STR-INT.

This is exactly what I was doing before Eiyuden Chronicle came out

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!

This looks like an annoying game mechanic

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm doing Arcane/Faith... it's a feast-or-famine type of build. Feast if the boss is bleedable, famine if the boss is immune to all status effects (gargoyles)...
But it's usually Feast !!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mr Hootington posted:

This looks like an annoying game mechanic

It looks like in this game, City Escapes You!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

picked up Madden '24 for $25 on ps5. I've been playing it a lot. I like setting it to easy and doing crazy poo poo like get a 1000 rushing yards as a quarter back in a game just to see exactly how much commentary they made to pick up stuff like that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Been playing Fallout New Vegas, sure is brown

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Jay Rust posted:

I'm doing Arcane/Faith... it's a feast-or-famine type of build. Feast if the boss is bleedable, famine if the boss is immune to all status effects (gargoyles)...
But it's usually Feast !!

Hell yeah dragon. I have been thinking about this too as I haven't used any of the dragon spells yet. Luckily, ER is goated with the sauce and therefore has a respec option so I can take this for a spin later, suck it DS1ailures :smug:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

More like Fallout: New Beige rear end.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sakurazuka posted:

But it came out in the era of bloom lighting so all the brown rocks and dirt are also shiny.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

You'd think the Mortal Engines tie-in game would have a higher budget

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

it's hard for me to go back to a lot of games in the 7th generation because a ton of them feel very brown to me. New Vegas, Dragon Age Origin, all those war games, Resident Evil 5, Spec Ops the Line. I found a ton of those games at the time very good or interesting but now going back is hard for me because they are so drat ugly.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dragon Age Origins was butt ugly even when it first came out. Poor Loghain's face looked like a melted candle.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

exquisite tea posted:

Dragon Age Origins was butt ugly even when it first came out. Poor Loghain's face looked like a melted candle.

I just liked how all the blood splatter stayed on the characters for a good long while so for every cutscene people were drenched with gore

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

haveblue posted:

You'd think the Mortal Engines tie-in game would have a higher budget

the film's the biggest box office bomb ever, cut 'em some slack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Feldegast42 posted:

I just liked how all the blood splatter stayed on the characters for a good long while so for every cutscene people were drenched with gore

idk about "drenched". There were just little blood droplets all over, like their entire character model had mild acne