Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i downloaded fallout 76 and got about 51 minutes in and all it did was confirm that fallout is the actual most boring setting to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

I said come in! posted:

I really like Smite 1 (its the only MOBA ive ever enjoyed), but this feels like a terrible idea to me.

Smite 1 is still using Adobe Flash for UI elements.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Eej posted:

Smite 1 is still using Adobe Flash for UI elements.

this is like an SCP cogitohazard to read

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Installing and running flash on a modern machine is a huge ordeal. Lotta work to play lovely old flash games.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kerrzhe posted:

i downloaded fallout 76 and got about 51 minutes in and all it did was confirm that fallout is the actual most boring setting to me

That's just West Virginia

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

That's just West Virginia

checks out

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Pyre is a cool game where you run a prison basketball league and winning a match lets one of your players get parole. Do you give parole to your friends or to useless bastards who can't keep their eyes on the ball?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

trying to find anything interesting in the RPG category on steam and the only thing catching my eye is that there are way too many fallout games and this poo poo that doesn't belong in this category

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kerrzhe posted:

trying to find anything interesting in the RPG category on steam and the only thing catching my eye is that there are way too many fallout games and this poo poo that doesn't belong in this category

Steam recommendations is always terrible lol. But yeah, Smite is a MOBA.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There are only like, four fallout games

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout Tactics
Fallout Brotherhood of Steel
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Fallout 4
Fallout 76
Fallout Shelter

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Those monsters just look like real animals with antennae and butterfly wings glued on!!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

https://twitter.com/urokuta_ja/status/1780399532771344477

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

palworld guy owns

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I love how he's been trying to set the record every time someone wants to clickbait shitstir about their game but anyone having to combat yellow journalism at all is annoying. Put that website in headline probation, 8 months.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the mans based there's just no two ways around it. *blanking my mind to nfts*

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
drat that guy is babybear

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Khanstant posted:

I love how he's been trying to set the record every time someone wants to clickbait shitstir about their game but anyone having to combat yellow journalism at all is annoying. Put that website in headline probation, 8 months.

video game "journalists" get really weird about specific people sometimes, like the whole bit where articles kept coming out about how ff16 was going to have only white characters and naoki yoshida was against the concept of accessibility

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

monster (or girl) breeding games

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lol that's actually pretty good

Kerrzhe posted:

monster (or girl) breeding games

... lol in a different way

Runa fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Apr 18, 2024

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

SirSamVimes posted:

video game "journalists" get really weird about specific people sometimes, like the whole bit where articles kept coming out about how ff16 was going to have only white characters and naoki yoshida was against the concept of accessibility

They know that outrage sells and they might even be outraged themselves so they just spam the lovely takes button to get the clicks and get paid.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Been suffering from a bit of insomnia lately, and today I finally went to sleep after inundating my barely functioning mind with reviews of rpgs and rogue likes. And I dreamt of what felt like a pretty original take on the two. Much of the logic was dream nonsense, but I think some of it might be salvageable. Not sharing more, because I harbor delusions of ever working on my own game.

loving weird dream, though.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i only get dreams if i take a big ol' melatonin before bed, but i usually don't bother because it always ends up being the most boring poo poo in the world like "going to the grocery store but it's a little weird"

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

That sucks. Dreams rule, though I’ve had periods of my life like that (and other periods where I was haunted by gruesome nightmares).

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

It’s such a cozy warm if nostalgic feeling to wake up from a satisfying dream. Great for setting the mood for the day.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Rinkles posted:

That sucks. Dreams rule, though I’ve had periods of my life like that (and other periods where I was haunted by gruesome nightmares).

i think it's a side effect of finally getting my ADHD treated, since they more or less went away around then. i do kinda miss them from time to time, but the other side of that coin was occasionally suffering from sleep paralysis, so we'll call it net neutral

hilariously, even my sleep paralysis ended up being extremely boring. i think i had one of them "allans in the room looking at me" experiences once, but the rest of the time i'd just wake up feeling weird, send the brain signals to turn on my light, realize i didn't actually do it, and then sit there feeling irritated until everything finally cooperated

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Vermain posted:

i think it's a side effect of finally getting my ADHD treated, since they more or less went away around then. i do kinda miss them from time to time, but the other side of that coin was occasionally suffering from sleep paralysis, so we'll call it net neutral

hilariously, even my sleep paralysis ended up being extremely boring. i think i had one of them "allans in the room looking at me" experiences once, but the rest of the time i'd just wake up feeling weird, send the brain signals to turn on my light, realize i didn't actually do it, and then sit there feeling irritated until everything finally cooperated

Sorry to hear that, didn’t think the two were connected.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Rinkles posted:

Sorry to hear that, didn’t think the two were connected.

thankfully it was more annoying than traumatic, along the lines of, say, trying to get up out of a chair after you've been sitting on your leg funny and finding it doesn't work

i still wish i'd been able to lucid dream, that poo poo sounded insanely cool but i could never trigger it

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ever since I took up long distance running I almost never dream at all, or at least don't remember them particularly well.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

you hate to see someone outrun their dreams

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

morpheus huffing and wheezing as he drags a big sack full of sand down the sidewalk

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rinkles posted:

dreams do indeed rule, for example check out this amazing one from the Post Your Dreams thread, recreating part of it in video form:

Danaru posted:

https://x.com/DanaruLP/status/1780800227554808292

In the dream my husband and I were watching the video together, and afterwards he asked "What the hell was the point of that?" and we both got up and left. This is the only part of the dream I can remember and I remember it super vividly

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

SLAVOJ ZIZEK: but i am already falling through the aluminum for five years. this aluminum is called "ideology"

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

I said come in! posted:

Wasteland
Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout New Vegas
Wasteland 2
maybe Fallout 4?
Wasteland 3

Fixed that for ya. Wow, "insufferable fan posting" flows from my fingertips effortlessly.

I haven't watched a movie in a few years. Should I just marathon a bunch of Godzilla movies?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
The only thing Wasteland shares with Fallout is that it's post-apocalyptic and there's a lot of a silly irony.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

credburn posted:

The only thing Wasteland shares with Fallout is that it's post-apocalyptic and there's a lot of a silly irony.

Well that and some history.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

credburn posted:

Nah, they both come from Brian Fargo (even though the first Fallout was very much Tim Cain's baby when he worked for Brian at Interplay). When Brian was head of Interplay, he no longer held the rights to Wasteland so they just made a new Wasteland game anyway and filed the serial numbers off. Of course, for legal reasons, Fargo has always denied that but it's why Fallout 1 & 2 are chock full of nudge-nudge-wink-wink Wasteland refrences and New Vegas just straight up has a GIGANTIC FUCKOFF METAL STATUE of a Fallout character shaking hands with a Wasteland character.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I went off psych meds and my dreams went from "blissful nonexistence" to "more bullshit to contend with"

it suuuucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
I only seem to remember nightmares these days, although I guess 1-2 of them are starting to get less scary to compensate?