Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Jerusalem posted:

This is how I found out this game existed and now I'm interested in it, so good job April Fools joke!

exactly this. april fools day... ftw?????

e: this game is not even out yet. fooled again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

I said come in! posted:

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/1775224761200578596

This looks okay! Probably just average and forgettable at best, but looking forward to seeing more.

I will gladly read the words "inspired by Shadow of the Colossus" as many times as devs are willing to make journalists write them. I recently discovered that SotC has very little replay value once you know the boss patterns, and I'm really itching for something to actually recapture that vibe again.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

i'm just saying that disliking ds2 is a skill issue

DS2 is the last one I haven't played, can't wait. Might even start this weekend.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Shard posted:

Maybe this is the year I clear all those lovely chalice dungeons.

This sounds like something to not do! Youe time is precious.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Diablo 4 out of 10

:eyepop:

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Goddamn, pocket pair just put out a massive palworld patch
https://twitter.com/Palworld_EN/status/1775736701337714811

So many quality of life changes and streamlined things, I'm glad they're still taking development seriously

Gamefreak could never

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Bad Video Games posted:

Gamefreak doesn't need to. Their audience isn't the 20 and 30 year olds who grew up with the game. It's the 7 year olds who see the Pikachu plush in the store and beg their parents for the game. They don't need to cater to an audience because there's always new consumers next year. Also, the people who aren't terminally online have no problem enjoying Pokémon for what it is.

user name post combo lol

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Started DS2. Game rules. I am so glad there are NPCs who actually have things to say, even if it's "lol what an idiot, you are so hosed". Found some guys in the castle courtyard just waling away at a tree, pretty messed up. Now a guy with a cool owl friend is chopping my head off repeatedly :mad:

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Dasassin's Screed 2

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

I am grateful that my approach to the Pursuer in DS2 (Darmored Score 2) was to learn to parry him with my rapier, because holy poo poo, you fight this guy SO many times. It is very gratifying to just perfect parry him into oblivion every time. Get hosed, Pursuer.

I am enjoying this game quite a lot, because it is Dark Souls, but I'm annoyed at the extremely weird distribution of petrified people and Pharros' Lockstone doors. Idk who thought it would be a good idea to give you a pretty rare item, and like 20 things to use it on, 17 of which are just a random enemy or a treasure chest with 10 bolts in it, and the other 3 of which are, like, entire areas of the game.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

One of my all-time favorites, my forever game, Besiege, is unexpectedly getting an expansion pack out of the blue in just over a month. Going to add ocean-based siege engineering jank goodness to an already pretty great game. Particularly cool that it's not just still water, but like, roiling ocean physics mechanics. I'm unironically more hyped for this than I have been for any release in the last like 2 years :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxedDR0REws

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

haddedam posted:

I was hoping sts 2 to have better art but they're still using the same programmer for everything.
It's okay, they're a tiny indie dev living hand to mouth from the 1,5million sales they got. They need every penny just to survive and I guess art courses or practise is too expensive.

you're right. their art programmer should probably be shot (e: with a "nerf gun" in "minecraft")

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

the ugliest game of them all, Dwarf Fortress, is also one of the best. weird how that works

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Dark Souls 2? More like Dark Souls Too Long!!!

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Drinking game where you drink a single drop every time Panen starts a sentence with the word "so".

It's very funny that even with his meticulous attention to detail he was still not able to scrub out every curse from the many streamers he shows : V

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Looking at my stats... and GotM is... elden ring

Same. I am discovering the joys of STR-INT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I'm doing Arcane/Faith... it's a feast-or-famine type of build. Feast if the boss is bleedable, famine if the boss is immune to all status effects (gargoyles)...
But it's usually Feast !!

Hell yeah dragon. I have been thinking about this too as I haven't used any of the dragon spells yet. Luckily, ER is goated with the sauce and therefore has a respec option so I can take this for a spin later, suck it DS1ailures :smug: