Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The mystery box in fallout was pretty good and it got me on the hook for that mystery lol.

Walton Goggins is amazing and I will watch season 2 for more of him.

I have no idea what people were smoking to come up with the theory that this show is all about how Todd Howard hates New Vegas and wants to destroy it and the original games so only his vision remains lol, it is so indebted to those games's worlds on so many levels Iike I thought people were joking when they said there's a scene where the character unfurls the NCR flag and the New Vegas theme plays but that is LITERALLY what happens. Like I guess if you really wanted to see specific beloved characters from Fallout 1 and 2 (like, uh... ?????) then it sucks to be you, but there's not even anything saying they couldn't be characters in this world it would be just in a slightly different context.

And the people who are complaining that the timeline depicted in the show isn't exactly like the games well... those people are truly lost

Yeah, I really liked the Fallout TV series and thought it was a pretty good loveletter to the entire franchise. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do for season 2 and how they portray The enclave in comparison to the Brotherhood of Steel. Also it would be rad to see Supermutants and Deathclaws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

ImpAtom posted:

When it is something someone else is doing legitimately it kind of sucks to lie about it, because you're basically trying to leech off their actual effort. It's akin to like tracing over someone else's art and claiming you made it wholesale. It's not the Worst Thing Ever but at very least you deserve to get mocked for it.

I remember there was/is a bunch of this happening in the speedrunning community, where people would either a) take someone else's run footage and try to pass it off as their own or b) splice together footage from different runs to try to pass off a new WR.