Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Will I manage to finish a game this month instead of just sporadically playing tiny bursts of like twenty different games? Only time will tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

It's good advice actually. Overhyping games for yourself leads to disappointment.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I've been enjoying it well enough so far but it's been a very stressful week at work so the empty dopamine loop of "click button, kill demons" has been about all I've been up for, gaming-wise.
I doubt I'll keep going with it past the campaign but it's fun enough and a more interesting story than Diablo 3 so far which is admittedly not a high bar to clear.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Infinitum posted:

My 5 year old nephew playing Pokemon: "Do you want to get rid of that move cause it doesn't do damage?"

Optimal Pokemon strategy is a Charizard with Ember, Flamethrower, Fire Spin and Fire Blast and you will never convince me otherwise.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Godzilla contains multitudes. If you want a serious modern Godzilla film, Godzilla Minus One is right there and fantastic.

I haven't seen Godzilla x Kong yet but someone described it to me as being essentially a kaiju pro wrestling match and hell, I'm down for that.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Barudak posted:

Botany Manor kicks rear end. Perfect puzzle game length

I liked the little environmental storytelling touches. I think my favourite being seeing the photo of Arabella on the meadow research trip, then finding the letter about the trip documenting the Professor of the group misidentifying a flower, Arabella pointing out that it may actually be a new species and his response being “haha I was just testing you”, and then later the newspaper where he takes credit for the discovery of a new species.

I do wish the puzzles had been a little bit more complex, but I appreciate that solutions were always pretty clear and once I understood what I needed to do it was always easy to execute. Not being able to actually view clues from the notebook did lead me to some obnoxious backtracking to double check pieces of information though - never enough to sour me on the game but it did feel like an odd omission.

Not a GOTY candidate for me or anything but a very pleasant way to have spent an evening.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Wake the gently caress up Sonic. We have a city to escape.

[Crush 40 starts playing]

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

When am I going to get up and scream McDonalds before I can start the next level. So much promised to us for the future and so little delivered.

What's stopping you? Be the change you want to see in the world.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Embracer Poop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Vermain posted:

why is he called "slayer" if he's a vampire

His drip