Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Mr. Trampoline posted:

Not sure if this is what you mean, but I'm very much momentum-based. I'll play a new game for like 4+ hours every day, but if I take more than a couple of days off from the game it becomes very hard for me to pick it back up, even if I'm really enjoying it

This is why my BG3 playthrough is still sitting at act 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Bloody Pom posted:

Star Control 2 (re-released in February as Free Stars: The Ur-Quan Masters) is getting an official sequel, by the original devs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqCnsE3hxP4

I swore I was done backing video games, but I will make an exception for this.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Help Im Alive posted:

I like it less the more I play the higher stakes but maybe I just need to get good

Especially before the current beta, I found the higher stakes to be a real slog as the combination of faster ante scaling, increased costs, and reduced hands/discards made everything outside of high card/pair builds a losing proposition.

The rebalanced stakes in the beta are a lot more fun (IMO) since more builds are viable, and it rewards flexibility more than fishing for specific OP builds.

That being said the game is still very RNG, and your Wheels will never succeed while at the same time you always pull the one boss that fucks over your strategy.