Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

wizard2 posted:

what's this NCG dude's claim to fame? I dont really watch discussions about video games but he seems familiar

He can talk for a VERY long time about the plot of video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

cheetah7071 posted:

I bounced off of dragdog2 to play unicorn overlord a second time. Vanillaware doesn't miss

I would simply just play Fire Emblem instead

Captain Invictus posted:

cute
https://twitter.com/AggroCrabGames/status/1774850872935342243

I don't feel it's worth getting upset or worked up over april fools jokes, sometimes they're decent, sometimes they're stupid but result in a goofy actual manifested product, most of the time they're garbage. it's fine!

I've never heard of this game but it sounds very cute

Also, they should 100% add Dark Soulslike mode as a real thing and not get sued into oblivion

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

Having now played 2 fire emblems, it’s clear to me that fire emblem is, on average, ok

On average it's slightly better than good due to the two rolls

homeless snail posted:

there's a crucial difference between FE and unicorn overlord. unicorn overlord is good.

Based on their prior history that seems unlikely

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hwurmp posted:

I'm allergic to jiggling things

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir was good though

I just prefer my mech pilots to be adults and/or clothed

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Infinity Gaia posted:

Really incredibly bad use of and/or there, drat. Impressive.

Edit: No wait, I am the one who is bad at reading. Keeping this up as a symbol of shame.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Macaluso posted:

Everything I hear about Dragon's Dogma 2 is people going "This game is annoying and frustrating and bad and it's FUNDAMENTAL to the design of the game to be bad so that's why it's good actually" and I gotta say it's not really selling me on the game.

One of the lines the Emerald Herald tells you while you're skipping her dialogue in DS2 to level up already is to Seek Adversity

The adversity is the fun of it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

there are two quests where your reward is a sex scene lol

Are either of them Feste or was I wrong and DD2 sucks

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

exquisite tea posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls2/mods/1146

Says it's still "in alpha" but it already seemed pretty complete to me. You can even toggle which features you want on/off.

Oh dang, guess it's time for another playthrough

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jet fuel is not very effective against steel beams

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Endorph posted:

but yeah idk, obvs i feel bad for the devs if they were getting creeped on but the weird like... self-important a lot of western single a devs have because they made a bad game with a gay in it is kind of infuriating. they really think theyre like, the first people to ever do it when theres been equivalent games for 20+ years.

Oh yeah? Well name three other games with gay people in them and I bet those devs will probably not even have heard of them

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Looking forward to the sequel to Gaypril, Gay

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

I haven't finished the remake yet but it makes more sense for Tifa and Aeris to hook up because they have more chemistry and things to relate to. Cloud isn't even himself most of the time, isn't clear on who he himself is, and for the most part doesn't really have chemistry with anyone.

More like Clod

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mighty Number 2 when

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Waffleman_ posted:

I also saw an opinion piece saying that Dragon's Dogma 2's success despite its friction might mean the market is primed for a Dead Rising reboot that goes back to the systems of the first one, since it came from that same kinda era in Capcom's history where they were just trying things out.

God I wish. No opinion on 3 (because it didn't work on my machine for some reason and ran at 2fps), but 4 was a trainwreck.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Muscle Tracer posted:

Started DS2. Game rules. I am so glad there are NPCs who actually have things to say, even if it's "lol what an idiot, you are so hosed". Found some guys in the castle courtyard just waling away at a tree, pretty messed up. Now a guy with a cool owl friend is chopping my head off repeatedly :mad:

Glad to hear there's a game worth playing Death Stranding 2

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Current goty is Balatro, then Helldivers 2, followed by Dragon's Dogma 2, and hopefully first place is replaced by Homeworld 3

P good year for gamin' so far

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Captain Invictus posted:

not even mentioning FF7 Rebirth lol. cmon son

More like FF 7/100 Rebirth gottem

I said come in! posted:

I think we are going to be disappointed by Homeworld 3. My prediction is the game will be awesome, but need a ton of updates and fixes at launch. It's going to be really buggy and broken. Still buying it day one though, I love Homeworld.

I really enjoyed the demo but that last update saying things like attack move were still in progress at the time of its release, with the actual game release slated for a couple weeks after raised a lot of alarms for me lol. I'm hopeful though

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

How much do you like blowing up hundreds of giant insects with a rocket launcher

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The only good dreckbuilder is Balatro

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Saint Freak posted:

Ugly artstyle, great game quadrant (Case of the Golden Idol)
Great artstyle, bad game quadrant (Final Fantasy XIII Fabula Nova Crystallis)
Great artstyle, great game quadrant (Disco Elysium)
Ugly artstyle, bad game quadrant (your favorite game here)

Play Dragon's Dogma instead of any of this

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Saint Freak posted:

Hmm, so we'll need to add in some kind of Jank Axis on the Z plane.

Well we know where Starfield will fall on the Gaming Grid anyway :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

This probably means something to someone, but what could it be?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Runa posted:

RBA Starblade just gets weird like that whenever there's Japanese media getting referenced. It got really noticeable whenever anybody mentioned the Like A Dragon series.

That's because Yakuza sucks, unlike Dragon's Dogma, which is good and, to my knowledge, Japanese also

I've never heard of whatever that tweet was referencing though, could've been anything

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I don't deny it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

credburn posted:

Who is Austin Walker and why do people like him?

One of the lesser giant bombsmen

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Larryb posted:

On another note, how’s the live action Fallout series out of curiosity and is it based on any specific game in the franchise?

Really good and fun and no it takes place after 4

Blows Halo out of the water lmao

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Waffleman_ posted:

Waiting patiently for the Gundam Evolution private servers to come up

They've got a public alpha going, we're close to returning!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The discord server setting it up is here for anyone who wasn't able to grab the link before Evo died for good: https://discord.gg/BdN6A3kJ

They were able to grab and reverse engineer a few things (you'll be surprised to learn that the devs ultra-halfassed it with the budget they didn't have and much of it was default Unreal Engine settings and strings, making it easier lol), and to avoid the hand of god crushing them aren't taking donations and setting up and dispersing servers on their own dimes for it. So far BN doesn't seem to give a poo poo.

It's still a shame honestly. The game had significant issues but they had a shot when Overwatch 2 poo poo the bed at the same time and elected to poo poo it even harder

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Apr 14, 2024

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

verbal enema posted:

Go gettem champ :911:

WOOOOOOOOO

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zokari posted:

i genuinely could not believe that

i played like 4 matches when the game launched, they were all one-sided stomps and then the game goes "do it again"

Esportsbrain is a brutal killer

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

vtubers were cooler before they were mainstream, maaaaaan

"Cool" isn't the word

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Waffleman_ posted:

Game of Thrones...

And who had a better story than Bran the Broken, besides everyone

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The mystery box in fallout was pretty good and it got me on the hook for that mystery lol.

Walton Goggins is amazing and I will watch season 2 for more of him.

I have no idea what people were smoking to come up with the theory that this show is all about how Todd Howard hates New Vegas and wants to destroy it and the original games so only his vision remains lol, it is so indebted to those games's worlds on so many levels Iike I thought people were joking when they said there's a scene where the character unfurls the NCR flag and the New Vegas theme plays but that is LITERALLY what happens.

I also thought that was one of the coolest moments of the show because I played way, way too much NV and immediately recognized it and clapped

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Endorph posted:

a lot of western like, Posting About Art is in a deeply antagonistic relationship with the art and its creators. like its something to be overcome. that bleeds into mystery box type writing

I will defeat the art and the artist. I will crush it easily

gently caress I fell off another cliff, hold on. Goddamnit

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

What do non-western posters post about?

Vtubers

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ImpAtom posted:

The Freman.

No, they hate sand and want to turn Arrakis into a green paradise

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Amazing

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

After two seasons of cheaters in, according to what Bungie has proudly told me they've banned, cheaters in every game and now six straight games with the same twitch streamer in Halo MCC shooting everyone through walls the second they spawn, I'll admit it - I'm perfectly fine with anti-cheats going to town if they actually get to do their jobs

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

thats the thing, they really dont

Well what resources do they need to do it because goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I mean I know all that and I'm just buttmad but like, we just lost a game to a guy who fired a dmr like an assault rifle firing tank rounds and won the game at hte last second by spawning inside a tank on top of us to get a triple kill, and before that lost to a guy who got 30 sniper shots banking them in every possible direction and also fired them the moment someone spawned

Like, it can't be THAT hard to figure out that's not right, or in Destiny if maybe the guy has an automatic rocket launcher with infinite ammo in a game where you get one shot of that, maybe ban that dude to start with