Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I thought this game was called Aggro Crab

Aggro Crab is the dev studio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Dabir posted:

It's not fun specifically in dark souls 2, but otherwise you're spot on

yes it is

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

i'm just saying that disliking ds2 is a skill issue

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I gave diablo 4 a go because I no longer have to give blizzard money to play it and found it okay so far. Decided to play a bit more today, and got put in a queue to log in to a game I am playing entirely solo.

What a good system.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It said less than a minute but I had the window open for five before I got bored and did something else, probably just froze or something.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

cumpantry posted:

games for impact. yeah impacting my day and making it worse. thanks a lot jerks

hellblade was good tho

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

As much as I enjoy V Rising, any Castlevania collab is going to be a disappointment compared to the Dead Cells one.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Vermain posted:

it's still baffling to me that we somehow went from the 2014 gareth edwards flick that somberly treats godzilla as this smoke-shrouded mythological titan to the loving MonsterVerse where godzilla is casting a fire enchant on king kong's level 99 scrap axe to defeat mechagodzilla

you should watch godzilla minus one, it's real good

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Khanstant posted:

It's also making good TV for things to happen that made sense and were foreshadowed if you're observant and invested. A big twist isn't good and a twist because it's bozo clown nonsense nobody could see coming. Yeah, maybe sometimes that's fun for people too as a cheap trick if you've got nothing else going on like a sequel to the first star wars, but in general a twist should make sense if you connect enough little details and threads or unresolved conflicting narratives.

And for everyone person who figured out a thing there are still going to be ten times more people who didn't get and many of them wouldn't even if it were spelled out for them. Plenty of folks don't care to think that much about anything they watch and bless em for it. Little bit of media literacy goes a long way in noticing poo poo you might've never cared about otherwise or before.

The best twists are the ones where either you figure it out just before the reveal, or when the reveal happens a lot of things suddenly make more sense.

One of the finest twists in film is the end of Sixth Sense, but it would be a whole lot weaker if it wasnt for the ways it was seeded throughout the film.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

lmao

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Khanstant posted:

I love how he's been trying to set the record every time someone wants to clickbait shitstir about their game but anyone having to combat yellow journalism at all is annoying. Put that website in headline probation, 8 months.

video game "journalists" get really weird about specific people sometimes, like the whole bit where articles kept coming out about how ff16 was going to have only white characters and naoki yoshida was against the concept of accessibility

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Even if it's not, the threads are usually funny for a while before they turn to poo poo.