Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2011780/Yellow_Taxi_Goes_Vroom/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVFOi0XpK_E

this game is coming out the same day and also had an amazing demo. gaming too blessed and too gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Saint Freak posted:

April Fools is like a black hole which humor cannot pierce, however it did make Yakuza better so it's impossible to say whether it's good or bad.

https://twitter.com/gbvs_official/status/1774451589438443939

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Runa posted:

The actual campaign is good stuff and that you should definitely stop when you beat it because that's when the real treadmill kicks off.

i wouldn't call it good but it's not bad. it looks nice and if you have fond memories of D2 you'll enjoy some moments a lot. but it's kind of boring once you stop being impressed by the production values. i played it on release so maybe they made it more interesting now, idk.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Dabir posted:

It's not fun specifically in dark souls 2, but otherwise you're spot on

a lie will remain a lie

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i'm replaying dark souls 3 right now and i killed the dancer as early as possible which took me like 2 hours with the dark club you find from the mimic. then i got the twin axes from the fat knight in lothric castle and now we ballin

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
automatic +10 boost to ADV by killing dancer before vordt. i did not, however, go for the x3 multiplier by killing oceiros, or the mega millions adversity jackpot by killing gundyr.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Jay Rust posted:

Folks, I’m not really enjoying diablo 4. The dungeons are like 50% too long, the loot is too simple, and i can’t seem to change my char’s hairstyle. Last time I listen to a youtuber’s opinion over a goon’s

the diablo 4 thread here was easily the best thing about that game. everyone was so mad at each other. they were mad at each other even before the game came out because KFC had a promotional double down heart attack spicy grill diablo chicken burguesa and people found a way to fight about that. it was great.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Muscle Tracer posted:

Started DS2. Game rules. I am so glad there are NPCs who actually have things to say, even if it's "lol what an idiot, you are so hosed". Found some guys in the castle courtyard just waling away at a tree, pretty messed up. Now a guy with a cool owl friend is chopping my head off repeatedly :mad:

who’s the guy with the owl friend

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
oh yeah i forgot he gets bird-dropped into the arena. he’s a real menace on a first playthrough.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
STS looking like absolute poo poo is a trademark. you'd be insane to try to make the game look good. would completely destroy their brand.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
STS with worse art is just not possible

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
it's a great game. but it looks like poo poo. dogshit; from a dog's rear end.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

haddedam posted:

Rimworld.

well. you got me there.

e: cruelty squad is one of my favourite games but that's a whole different thing. though it does make me wonder what a card based game that deliberately tried to obfuscate its mechanics with hosed up horrible graphics would be like. it sounds kind of cool.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

haddedam posted:

I mean I know a few programmer art card games that are in playtesting, you can find many on itch.io

i need to be a precisely calibrated and delicately ordained kind of horribleness. like some goon said about cruelty squad; the dev put in a ton of effort to make a great game, and then put in twice as much effort to make the game look like a shitpost. that's the kind of card game i want.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Jay Rust posted:

I don't mind stylized old-timey dialogue at all, i just get the impression that the game's gonna be dry as hell, which was how triangle strategy and octopath 1 felt to me. Different devs to be fair

But these screenshots... why do they all have to be nerds...:

tired: boring old polite, stilted ye olde englishe dialog

wired: guy making GBS threads in an outhouse

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Vermain posted:

felvidek ftw

its really good. much better than GAmer Discourse about Bull poo poo. easy GOTY contender along with shiren.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Barudak posted:

Felvidek is a really good game outside of "the jew" and that part sitting weird with me is why its not my front runner for game of the year.

reposting my thoughts about it from the i just beat a game thread:

Foul Fowl posted:

i think 'the jew' is definitely a case of no good english translation being available and a complete lack of cultural context, with no real solution. 'jew' is a very loaded term in english, by itself, in a way that isn't the case in other languages (at least the ones i speak). 'the jew', as a character archetype in a story, is obviously racist. but it's also a very common cultural trope, and i think the game deliberates subverts it given that the guy gets hosed with by a bunch of people, as he's vulnerable due to being ostracized from the community, and you end up murdering every one of them. he's integral to your quest because of his genius for invention. towards the end of the game there's a character that tries to tempt you with the power to make slovakia a world power at the expense of turks and other ethnic and religious enemies and your character tells him to stfu and put his dukes up, it's time to fight. i think there's an even more incisive point the game makes regarding this after that but that's a big old spoiler for one of the best moments in the game.

though i wouldn't blame anyone who finds it weird and off-putting