Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Jay Rust posted:

The Noel Caldwell-Gervais video made diablo 4 seem pretty good… feeling tempted…

Runa posted:

hosed up but yeah, actually

What did he say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

:woop: I hope this is accurate

https://x.com/verge/status/1776365066595500137

"Apple opens the App Store to retro game emulators"

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Emulators don’t usually “provide pirated titles”, no?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

They can just add an integration with Internet Archive, or let people upload the ROMs through a web interface like VLC used to (does?).

iOS now basically has regular file management. I don’t see why it can’t be handled locally.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

How very Apple.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Steambot Chronicles is very fun, and a good game to be able to just Do A Quick Sesh in

Just PS2 emulation, right?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Doesn’t really matter if the game’s good, but the mocap/lipsyncing looked a little janky for a high budget game.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 4.1 is probably worth a dollar?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

and Ridge Racer Unbounded (I checked, it's not Unbound) for under two dollars?

haveblue posted:

How much do you like blowing up hundreds of ants with a rocket launcher

guess I'll find out

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

External Organs posted:

Rip Austin Walker

i didn't realize he crossed over to game dev

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Should I just play Fallout 4? I never actually did because of all the negative reactions at the time.

Or is there another game that's not Fallout but would scratch the Fallout-type itch?

(I have played New Vegas and its expansions multiple times at this point and I don't feel like going back would really be worthwhile lol)

Yeah. It's not a bad game imo, despite all the typical Bethesda problems which can make it quite frustrating. I especially enjoyed the survival mode (which among other things disables fast travel and saving anywhere), but I know that's not for everyone.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Shard posted:

loving sick. Toriyama made cool poo poo literally right up until the end.

Just fyi if you didn’t know, Sand Land is a manga from 2000. Though he did do some design work for the new show and game. I liked the show.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Thoughts on Umurangi Generation? I remember it getting a fair amount of buzz, but also some lukewarm impressions.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

i was asking about Umurangi because it's on sale for $1.50 on steam atm

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I see Touch Detective got a compilation rerelease, but sadly only on Switch.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Emulators on iOS have been slowly trickling in over the past week, but this is the first really solid effort I’ve seen, and covers everything Nintendo up to DS (I guess no virtual boy). E:should have worded that differently. No GameCube either, and from what I understand that’s not happening until Apple allows jit compilation

No iPad version for now. It’ll run, but as an iPhone app (so small).

Delta

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1048524688

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Apr 17, 2024

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Actually, it also features the Genesis.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

mutata posted:

I have never played Steamworld Heist. I should look into it, I guess.

fyi it's a dollar on fanatical

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/steam-world-heist

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Been suffering from a bit of insomnia lately, and today I finally went to sleep after inundating my barely functioning mind with reviews of rpgs and rogue likes. And I dreamt of what felt like a pretty original take on the two. Much of the logic was dream nonsense, but I think some of it might be salvageable. Not sharing more, because I harbor delusions of ever working on my own game.

loving weird dream, though.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

That sucks. Dreams rule, though I’ve had periods of my life like that (and other periods where I was haunted by gruesome nightmares).

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

It’s such a cozy warm if nostalgic feeling to wake up from a satisfying dream. Great for setting the mood for the day.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Vermain posted:

i think it's a side effect of finally getting my ADHD treated, since they more or less went away around then. i do kinda miss them from time to time, but the other side of that coin was occasionally suffering from sleep paralysis, so we'll call it net neutral

hilariously, even my sleep paralysis ended up being extremely boring. i think i had one of them "allans in the room looking at me" experiences once, but the rest of the time i'd just wake up feeling weird, send the brain signals to turn on my light, realize i didn't actually do it, and then sit there feeling irritated until everything finally cooperated

Sorry to hear that, didn’t think the two were connected.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

credburn posted:

The only thing Wasteland shares with Fallout is that it's post-apocalyptic and there's a lot of a silly irony.

Well that and some history.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Does the heat get rid of the carbonation?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

There’s Synduality, an extraction game with mechs from Bandai, but apparently impressions of the beta were not great

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Haven’t played it myself, but the recently released Dream Tactics is sort of that kind of fusion of SRPG and deckbuilding.

I heard it’s not bad.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Is Eneba safe to buy keys from? Is it a YMMV situation?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Volte posted:

The PS2 version of San Andreas is probably more playable on PC than the original PC version at this point. I have it on Steam and found it basically unplayable. High resolution does not suit that game at all, and there's no real controller support being so old. It also uses the old "only save when you actually go to a save location" model so being able to save state would be very useful.

I had to play the pc version with a zero damage cheat because otherwise my cars would blow up way too easily, and fights were way too hard with a controller (without the console lock on).

E: you’d still die from fall damage, because technically I think the cheat just gave you infinite armor.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Barudak posted:

Its an attempt to kludge in the superior Quick Resume to hardware/software that can't support it. In a world where Quick Resume didn't exist it'd be awesome, so instead its just a nice little feature that doesn't work as well or often as it should.

i don't think it has anything to do with quick resume, since i'm pretty sure it was shown before the console launched

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

Not looking for a full tower, looking for something to play on the tv, and maybe in bed

Micro PC, laptop or Steam Deck (or Steam Deck clone)?

I’m also told gaming laptops get way hot because they cram in components that probably need desktop cooling. What do you guys think

Steam deck seems like a decent compromise, but I hear it gets warm with more demanding games (less of an issue with the OLED model iirc), and you're not going to be able to play some big newer games at all (like DD2).

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Started watching the Fallout show. Seems fairly not bad.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

DalaranJ posted:

Has anyone tried out the sandland demo? This is, not what I expected, it seems to be some sort of combination of vehicle looter shooter and character action game?

i'm hoping it's good. i think it might be a somewhat shallow game, that some people will still enjoy for the aesthetics and atmosphere.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What do you think of calling the “Survivors” genre, Bullet Heaven games? To be clear, not my invention.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Vermain posted:

league's had a few of them, and they were all less popular than the PVP modes by several orders of magnitude

Unless you count Path of Champions in Runeterra, though monetization remains an issue.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

apple lets you use the share button on a connected controller, but for whatever reason requires a double press or hold. there's no single press assignment.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

xenoblade x has no volume sliders :[

some of the repeating music is slowly getting a little old

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

lol guess what was playing exactly as i read that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

speaking of xenos, i love monolith's worlds