Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Happy Gaypril Xbox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Everybody knows NCG is bad at videogames, he even mentions as much for disclosure in his documentaries.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

wizard2 posted:

what's this NCG dude's claim to fame? I dont really watch discussions about video games but he seems familiar

he's got some of the best Americana travelogues around

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

The Noel Caldwell-Gervais video made diablo 4 seem pretty good… feeling tempted…

hosed up but yeah, actually

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/GamesCage_/status/1774683672894906459?s=20

Rinkles posted:

What did he say?

The actual campaign is good stuff and that you should definitely stop when you beat it because that's when the real treadmill kicks off.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Everything I hear about Dragon's Dogma 2 is people going "This game is annoying and frustrating and bad and it's FUNDAMENTAL to the design of the game to be bad so that's why it's good actually" and I gotta say it's not really selling me on the game.

https://twitter.com/Bodaciousbro/status/1772948007622766896

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

haveblue posted:

Nice skyrim mod, what else does it add?

https://twitter.com/PrizzaaGaming/status/1772835939586301960

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Folks, I’m not really enjoying diablo 4. The dungeons are like 50% too long, the loot is too simple, and i can’t seem to change my char’s hairstyle. Last time I listen to a youtuber’s opinion over a goon’s

Thanks for testing the waters so I don't get tempted too

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

On the other hand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCgxSNQr7ww

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I am fully absorbed by Outpost Infinity Siege now that it has a few patches under its belt, it hits the roguelite run-based itch while also satisfying the same sort of creative and optimization impulses that I normally reserve for customizing mechs in Battletech.

I do not expect it to even reach the top 50 of the 2024 goty thread, being essentially a wildly ambitious eurojank game except chinese.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

xoFcitcrA posted:

I loaded up the Steam page, looked at the screenshots, watched the videos, and I still have no idea what this game is.

That's normal

It's a weird run-based (as in the way roguelites are run-based) tower defense + stalker hybrid where you design your mobile tower defense base, go around a map, collecting resources and perks, then when you reach the end of the run you do a wave defense battle using that base.

You can get pretty creative with your outpost too. I designed mine around the concept of a mech-carrier warship in the style of the ships from Gundam, to take advantage of the fact that you can remote launch mechs out of the hangar and they will boost out at max speed.

The mechs themselves are somewhere between Titanfall titans and Armored Cores in mobility.

That said, while there's an abundance of ambition this game has none polish.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

This looks sick as hell...the mixed reviews on steam though are giving me some pause but I might pick it up anyways.

It's mixed because it launched in a terrible state with like a thousand negative reviews. It's almost balanced out with a lot of positive reviews following nearly daily patches, but the game really earned its initial response.

I was about to write it off until I realized like three patches went out in the span of time between release and when I took a second look.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Gonna wait for wow classic classic to come out

That's how progression servers work. I'm pretty sure Everquest has several servers each set to a different expansion on rotation. WoW Classic moving into that direction is a pretty easy call to make.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

It's uncanny. They're just like us.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Ok i think i understand. So we should assume that there's always going to be enough players per expac server to make it not look like a dead mall.

Or rather even a dead mall can attract enough customers to stay open if the only rent you need to worry about are your servers.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

RBA Starblade just gets weird like that whenever there's Japanese media getting referenced. It got really noticeable whenever anybody mentioned the Like A Dragon series.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

is she the burger elf or is that another one

Same elf

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

They've got a public alpha going, we're close to returning!

wtf

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

The discord server setting it up is here for anyone who wasn't able to grab the link before Evo died for good: https://discord.gg/BdN6A3kJ

They were able to grab and reverse engineer a few things (you'll be surprised to learn that the devs ultra-halfassed it with the budget they didn't have and much of it was default Unreal Engine settings and strings, making it easier lol), and to avoid the hand of god crushing them aren't taking donations and setting up and dispersing servers on their own dimes for it. So far BN doesn't seem to give a poo poo.

It's still a shame honestly. The game had significant issues but they had a shot when Overwatch 2 poo poo the bed at the same time and elected to poo poo it even harder

Thanks lmao

Bamco raced Blizz to the bottom and unfortunately won by a country mile

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

mystes posted:

That's insanely dumb. Why torpedo your own story just because some people on reddit figured it out when that probably won't affect how much 99% of viewers enjoy it?

They genuinely thought their job as writers was to outsmart their audience

This basic misunderstanding of their jobs, as writers, proved that they were not smart enough, period.

It was a real problem in the industry for a while. Just, plot twists for the sake of them, without serving a real narrative purpose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afuwh0GXwbQ

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

man nurse posted:

Big names bring bigger crowds, OP

Or, at the very least, we can definitely say that this is something that people making these decisions believe and ultimately that's all that matters.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Thoughts on Umurangi Generation? I remember it getting a fair amount of buzz, but also some lukewarm impressions.

It's pretty short and I beat it in a night but it also left me in a deep "I've just watched an incredibly depressing independent film" kind of malaise for hours after. It's a game that is supported pretty much entirely by its environmental storytelling and it's a pretty compelling one, imo.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Rinkles posted:

i was asking about Umurangi because it's on sale for $1.50 on steam atm

yeah go for it if you like photography puzzles and downer vibes

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Based on Sonic Adventure 2 by Service Games (they make the hedgehogs)

I wonder how Run Button's doing these days

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

cumpantry posted:

still havent played Hades 1 :kiddo:

it's a good game

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lol that's actually pretty good

Kerrzhe posted:

monster (or girl) breeding games

... lol in a different way

Runa fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Apr 18, 2024

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

you hate to see someone outrun their dreams

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Owl Inspector posted:

a few years of hunt showdown have caused me to have frequent and extremely lucid dreams of hunt matches, which are so authentic to real matches that they sometimes involve getting mad enough to wake up, possibly the greatest self own my brain has inflicted in my life

with all due respect

skill issue

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

last time i posted about my dreams some of yall just started posting about drinking hot dr. pepper and then you got mad it tasted bad like its my fault they stopped using real sugar

lmao

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

what the gently caress

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

When he started actively snubbing everybody else in the industry actually receiving those awards in favor of people he's trying to suck up to, like Kojima, it's fair to see the people working in the industry taking their potshots at the guy.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Rockstar games aren't really my jam but dougdoug's heavily modded RDR2 and GTAV challenge videos are all-timers.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I've seen Bullet Heaven used before.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

for that matter, you never see a vampire survivor and a vampire in the same room

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ngl I stopped paying attention after the last half dozen times Adam Sessler melted down on twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The Spongebob Squarepants Power Wash DLC has one of the funniest levels I've ever played.