Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I was watching Noel Caldwell-gervais’ essay on diablo, and when it got to diablo 2, I couldn’t help but laugh: he’s playing what’s essentially a zealadin but never actually uses Zeal, he’s just spamming regular attacks LOOOL
And he wasted his imbue on a falchion?? Every knows you need to wait until character lvl 80 and use it on a circlet to get the best chance at getting +skills modifiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

idgi

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The Noel Caldwell-Gervais video made diablo 4 seem pretty good… feeling tempted…

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Having now played 2 fire emblems, it’s clear to me that fire emblem is, on average, ok

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

og dragon's dogma didn't really grab me. Ironic

I recently re-bought it on switch (it was like 4 bux) but didn't get past the opening tutorial before doing something else (Chants of sennaar I believe)

If anyone wants extra details, HMU!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

it's rated M (for mature)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I haven't looked at esrb ratings in a while, elden ring is Mature?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

haveblue posted:

If you can kill humans and blood comes out that alone pretty much guarantees Mature

And yet Mario Party is rated E?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm willing to bet that it's also horny

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Quick diablo 4 question... the oft-discussed noel caldwell-gervais video gave me the impression that it's best to NOT do any of the side quests and exploration during the campaign, because you end up hitting the level cap far too soon, is that accurate? Especially now since i guess there's a special event happening now that increases xp gain by 35% (cannot be toggled off)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why is everyone so mean to plucky lil Diablo 4

Paying2Lurk posted:

The end of the campaign expects you to be around level 40-45. Level cap is 100 and you won't be hitting that in world tier 1 or 2 no matter what you do. Just do whichever ones are close by or seem fun. As for exploration, the story will take you around most regions.

As i understand it, you can't get past level 50 until you finish the campaign, and apparently this youtuber man reached that way before the end

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ds2 has some major issues…
1. No ragdoll corpses
2. When you pick up an item, it doesn’t show you its inventory icon, it only displays its broad category (e.g. weapon, ring, consumable, etc)
3. Longsword 1-handed strong attack isn’t a thrust

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Don’t need a mod to turn dark souls 2 off!!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

pentiment spoilers: in that moment, he's suicidal

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

three nerds

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Does he raid with randos?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ok so we expect games journalists to be good at games but we allow game designers to be epic fail? Anyone else see how hosed Up that is??

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

get ready for it to be Okay

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Fifteen of Many posted:

edit: actually this has me trying to think of what the most overhyped I've been is.

For me it was when they announced Sonic was murdered

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Folks, I’m not really enjoying diablo 4. The dungeons are like 50% too long, the loot is too simple, and i can’t seem to change my char’s hairstyle. Last time I listen to a youtuber’s opinion over a goon’s

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

diablo 3 was colourful and wacky, so, i get it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

the French
*shakes head*

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm sorry, france, and the french. I should've known this would never happen in france, birthplace of simone de beauvoir.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Games for Impact... does that go to the best game with a message, or just the best message? Thx

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Endorph posted:

honestly the way these devs talk about this poo poo kinda makes me sick lol

life is strange before the storm is not important to the queer community

Well i mean, what ARE the games that are important to the queer community?

Tetris obviously. Super Mario World and Super Mario 64 have to be up there, the latter especially, for their innovation at the very least. It's really amazing to me, and the queer community i'm sure, how nintendo basically nailed 3D platforming controls on their first try.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Because it’s gaypril.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

spidey should arrest himself. He commits 5 crimes every time he shoots a web

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Let’s say you’re putting together a raid party. You have room for one more rando. You advertize, and get simultaneous responses from these four players. Who do you invite?

1) Zephiroth Gainsboro
2) Gokulord Weedlord
3) Asdf Asdf
4) Thisgame Suks

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Never play a video game on release. Wait at least 5 years for the patches to settle.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Grim fandango deffo has some great dialogue jokes that I still think about to this day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vOJC-wkyiI

Jay Rust fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Apr 9, 2024

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's been elden ring month in my house, playing modded co-op elden ring with my brother. It's been "a blast"

Here's imo the neatest, smartest thing the mod we're using (elden ring reforged) does:
After you upgrade a weapon to the maximum possible level for each given upgrade material, that upgrade material immediately becomes available to purchase, allowing your non-main weapons to painlessly keep up

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Oh I thought wanted:dead was that scam zombie game from a little while ago

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This elden ring mod released a new patch, and part of the changelog:

quote:

The Bandai Namco logo in the intro will now have a black background, and use their new corporate design.

idk i think that's funny

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gonna wait for wow classic classic to come out

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Runa posted:

That's how progression servers work. I'm pretty sure Everquest has several servers each set to a different expansion on rotation. WoW Classic moving into that direction is a pretty easy call to make.

Doesnt that spread out the playerbase and eventually kill the whole point of an mmo?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No I mean, if we have say a WotlK server and a Burning Crusade server going at the same time, doesn’t that effectively cut the vanilla playerbase in half right there

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ok i think i understand. So we should assume that there's always going to be enough players per expac server to make it not look like a dead mall.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If everquest next was called world of norrath it would’ve been a success

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’ll say it, because it has to be said, I’ll gladly eat the sixer: sts has an ugly art style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Quackles posted:

tbh everyone talks about slay the spire or whatever. the best roguelike deckbuilder is Hand of Fate 2

i've not thought about that game in a while. It's really good