Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

I just prefer my mech pilots to be adults and/or clothed

:kstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Dont buy the game at all and watch the cutscenes on Youtube instead.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

he plays black mage and is really really good at black mage, whenever he plays for a community event he is always top dps

Ah, a man of culture.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Remember, no bisexual

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Black Mage loving pwns

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Shadow of the Erdtree is going to be GOTY and it won't even be close, but Balatro and Helldivers 2 will be competing hard for second place for sure imo

FF7 Rebirth doesn't even have a steam page yet so I doubt it's gonna come out this year :shrug:

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Apr 9, 2024

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Infinitum posted:

It's more that Cataclysm is a 'bad' expansion

It's still better than most of the past few they've shat out, so plenty of people are interested in playing it. Especially if they're already subbed for SoD, might as well see what the other one is like. I definitely am more excited for MoP than I was for Cata but not by a huge amount

But a big part of it is that classes played totally differently in different expansions, because Blizzard cannot help themselves but try to remake the wheel every couple years. Some people really liked how certain classes played in certain expansions, or want to try out the differences, etc.

Endorph posted:

a cataclysm progression server isnt 'wow, look at this golden era of the game thats completely different from modern wow,' its basically just a way to allow people to experience that content at level the way it was designed to be experienced. like all those bosses and raids and such are already made, some people wanna see what they were like or redo them, but there's no easy way to do that in a way that is similar to how it actually was with wow's systems, unlike ff14.

also this

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The only thing worse than a bad sex joke: a game developer.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Akira Toriyama is based as gently caress

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Speaking of people who are extremely based

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I've had the clown makeup on for five years and just keep adding more layers

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The simple and easy way to stop banned cheaters from making new accounts is to IP trace them the first time and then drone strike their house. 100% guaranteed success rate.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The cheating ecosystem seems really fascinating, like I think someone mentioned that streamers will run dual setups so that their cheating information is being fed to a computer that's not the one they're playing on to minimize detection?

Also they will train themselves to avoid "behaviors of omniscience"

There was something a few months ago with a company making a monitor that would cheat at League of Legends for you, completely undetectable from the computer running the game and also not displaying any of it to your stream, vods, etc. because it put the stuff in an overlay on top of everything.

No idea how well that specific one actually worked out, but I'm guessing that kind of thing is going to be taking off hard going forward.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The pro move is to stay up so late playing video games that you immediately pass out into a dreamless sleep upon contact with your bed.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Vermain posted:

dragonrider's actually got less health than the pursuer, so it's intended to be totally doable from the start. the real roadblock is the old knights being brick walls, especially without strike damage, whereas everything in forest is significantly less threatening

dragonrider's actually the starting boss of choice for most runs nowadays because there's a very consistent setup you can do that'll send him screaming off into the ocean, and the souls he drops is just enough to get the silvercat ring and level up a bit to survive the fall into the gutter, so you can tackle any of the branching areas as you please

You can pick up a mace in majula that most(?) of the classes can equip baseline which does strike damage, which is super helpful for those guys.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Its been fun to see gamers, and even a small number of game devs, turn on Keighley. Last year was a wake up call for a lot of people that he is kind of a tool. I know this forum has always known he sucks, but it seems like most people are just now figuring this out.

Nobody has taken the guy seriously since a lot longer ago than last year. The guy has been a walking billboard for over a decade. The dorito pope memes were from like... 2012?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Shiredew Valley

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Rarity posted:

For reals though having watched Veeg play through Rebirth on stream I have no idea how you could vote for any other game as GOTY. It's literally a masterpiece

It's not out on a real platform yet

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Diablo IV didn’t really recover from its disastrous launch too. Game sold extremely well at first, but the player population dropped off to almost nothing. Which is not what you want for a live service game where you’re hoping people buy into the battle passes and cash shop. Diablo IV was meant to be a 1 billion dollar a year game and that didn’t happen.

Literally anyone could have told them that, because that's not what players want out of diablo as a series

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I can't think of a situation off the top of my head where I'd prefer the flower to the feather

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

He's right.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

DerekSmartymans posted:

The only one I know is Tails Gets Trolled

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012