Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Definitely go back and give NMH1 and 2 a try then. They're both great games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

One of the lines the Emerald Herald tells you while you're skipping her dialogue in DS2 to level up already is to Seek Adversity

The adversity is the fun of it.

It's not fun specifically in dark souls 2, but otherwise you're spot on

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

i'm just saying that disliking ds2 is a skill issue

Liking ds2 is tied to one of those trap skills where taking them fucks up your build. It's the Resistance of opinions

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

The revamped lighting mod that came out for DS2 a year or so ago actually looks really nice. I didn't get too far into it but Majula looked hella cool.

Lipstick on a pig

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Diablow poor

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

I'm glad that the romhack community for Pokemon is so strong

Nintendo just shut down one of the main hubs for that stuff

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2024/03/pokemon-fan-game-site-relic-castle-shut-down-following-dmca-takedown-notice

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The endgame battle tower facilities are plenty difficult. Last time they tried to go much further than that, they added bizarre ideas like "your pokemon do what they like, win 50 times in a row, good luck".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFZBggD9A5M

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Wii U and 3DS online service is now dead. There's a few stragglers hanging on, but trying to connect either gets a message that the servers are under maintenance, or that the service is discontinued.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Who the gently caress is Charles Soule

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

More like impossibility space

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Is that CEO longhand for "We broke"?

broke under the Strain

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'd like to tip former Blizzard president Mike Ybarra off a cliff in Overwatch

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

It only works if the author knows what's in the box. They don't need to show what's in it, or even really acknowledge there is a box. But they need to know

what do you mean, it's great when JJ Abrams shows up at the start of a series, sets up a mystery box he has no intention of opening himself and bails so that better writers can make his work look like it had a point

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

SC2 is overrated. Yes, the SC2 you're thinking of, that one. :twisted:

how many games are actually called that? Starcraft 2 and what

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Both though it's typically in first person and I'll usually forget them after half a day, but they're quite vivid while experiencing them and I don't dream all the time.

How does he recall something like songs?

Here's the full discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXQwCcob5hU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Where did he get his medical license anyway

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

haveblue posted:

Still kinda hold it against Majula that it accidentally led me into a midgamr area and away from the intended first area

I think I actually beat dragonrider before I realized it wasn’t supposed to be *that* hard

That's chronologically reason three or four why I hate dark souls 2, depending whether you count how bad moving feels and how bad attacking feels separately

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Rinkles posted:

What do you think of calling the “Survivors” genre, Bullet Heaven games? To be clear, not my invention.

Good name and I support it. I didn't realise we were calling them anything else

hatty posted:

the worst name always gets chosen like "shmup" "soulslike" and "metroidvania" you can't fight gamer society

Yeah, I like the name "character action" for things like DMC well enough, but Yahtzee came up with "spectacle fighter" like a decade ago and that describes them way better. Never caught on

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

visual novels.
and they've further evolved to not even need the walking

that's an L in the middle there, not an N

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Rarity posted:

It's patches all the way down

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Rarity posted:

The opening to FF4 is loving wild. Cecil is actively a war criminal who not just participates in state violence but perpetuates its system throughout his troops. And when he gets removed from command for not murdering hard enough his response, rather than to denounce the unethical commands of his king, is to go do a genocide bomb in hope of getting his post back. And then - after being personally responsible for the deaths of hundreds - when he finally decides to break ranks he does so by kidnapping a child who's mum he just killed. How the gently caress did this guy end up the protagonist
I mean, he didn't know it was a bomb. And I don't know if it's in extra materials or what, but the king was his adoptive father, which is why he found it difficult to face up to how cruel his orders were becoming.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I don't get it, is he just being exposed as short

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I know who Justin Wong is but I still don't understand the significance of the hands

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Daisuke with another slayer song

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Feldegast42 posted:

Tell us who won in the battle of spy vs family

Doesn't matter who wins, they're always both back for the next episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

I think PlayStation 1 had a unique effect where polygons or textures all moved at different speeds from each other, causing a wobbly or wavy motion

It didn't do floating point maths so vertices were constantly snapping to the nearest whole coordinate