Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Just came here to talk about this. Very excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Star Control 2/UQM is honestly the third game in my greatest games of all time list (after Outer Wilds and Disco Elysium). I actually got into the series via Star Control 3 (made by a different team) and although I still think its a pretty good game and loved the puppets and some of the new races, but it isnt at SC2's level. I am so excited for a real, proper sequel by the original team and can't believe it might actually happen, so many decades later.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Eej posted:

Less than 12 hours in and the StarCon2-2 kickstarter is at 160% of funded goal so my fears of old game irrelevance are unfounded.

I am a little bit worried about their kickstarter amount being unrealistically low in terms of making a dent in the cost of development, so hopefully they pass their funding goal many times over and are being realistic about rewards.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Pigbuster posted:

Steamworld Heist 2 yooooooo

Heist was by far the best steamworld game and I didn't realize a sequel was even being considered, this is great news.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

ymgve posted:

This is Steamworld Dig 2 erasure

Would anyone really mind if it were erased, though? It's no Steamworld Heist, after all.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Steve Yun posted:

Just let everyone cheat and determine who is the best cheater

I'm the best cheater, because I remember what's important - that cheating is supposed to be about having fun, not about winning. those other fuckers aren't even cheating right.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Dreams aren't great for me, because I can full-fledged 100% completely hallucinate at will pretty easily, and those are usually better than my dreams anyway - interesting landscapes and events, cool patterns and critters, as opposed to my dreams which are usually super boring and mundane and often stressful.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Infinitum posted:

How does he recall something like songs?

I was genuinely under the impression that everyone, like me, recalled songs in the same neutral voiceless voice used for conversations with people where you can remember what they said but not what they sound like.

skeletronics posted:

Back in the late 90s, I had a dream that was entirely scrolling text on an IRC client screen. Later I read that "people can't read in dreams" and was like "well, wtf was that, then?"

The common belief is that you can't read the same thing twice in dreams, not that you can't read at all.

Bad Video Games posted:

Welcome to Video Games.

What's the best video game where its set in a dream, and/or what's the best video game you ever dreamed of playing.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Dream adjacent, but spending several hours playing Factorio before one of my ketamine sessions was the absolute loving worst and I do not recommend it.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Jay Rust posted:

Are there any that are actually challenging? Or even skill-based at all 🧐

Absolutely. Having completed any of the Rain World romances without looking it up is a display of pure skill and gaming grit.

Its less impressive if you use a guide, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

in the Downpour DLC, for Inv, yes.

Of course, to even unlock Inv, you must follow these instructions:

"Chant His name upon 7 or 8 inscribed bricks of a pillar"
"His name can be found in the door of the desert"
"It does not matter whenever the door is opened, closed or passed through. The lock is the key and the key is the means."
"Do as you have done before, give it a name"

and thats only step one to unlocking the romances.

Then you have to complete Invs campaign via ascension, which is widely regarded to be the most difficult rain world campaign by a wide margin.

That unlocks the romance options

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Apr 19, 2024