Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I don't know where else to show this to anyone

https://i.imgur.com/U2KmkG1.mp4

I've been learning Python and while doing so have been working on a project that I actually started in 2006 when I tried to learn C++. It's just a post-apocalypse version of The Oregon Trail. I've got most of the systems working, and there are little ASCII animations I made for various events. Anyway, I made a montage of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

the Ws for udders are a nice touch

e: wait they have horns uh....

They're toxen, not oxen

Because it's post--apocalypse, you see

And they're pulling a wagon

A station wagon!
:dadjoke:

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Khanstant posted:

That's cool can u hunt way too much meat?

You can only bring back 200 pounds.

The hunting "minigame" is handled with just dice rolls basically. But some creatures will attack you if you shoot and miss.

The currency is pogs, and at forts you can gamble if you have a slammer. It randomly generates some simple descriptors for an NPC, and sometimes it's spot on:

There's also a disc golf minigame and you can have a cat!

credburn fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Apr 5, 2024

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Shard posted:

There is an owl in dead space 2?

They're talking about Dungeon Siege 2.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I always thought his name was Manny Cadavera. You know, like Cadaver :confused:

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Ohhhh!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I always thought the panda expansion was the one that made everyone leave WoW?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Why are you guys hating on STS's art so much? It's not bad :confused:

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Who is Austin Walker and why do people like him?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

No joke: this video, like twenty+ years ago was what made me realize this was an actual song and that "it's getting hot in here / take off your clothes" wasn't just a goon catchphrase.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Every level in Steamworld Heist ends the same way, with turrets appearing and there being some kind of emergency reason you need to get back to your ship, and I hate this sequence every time. If it were just one time, I would think of it like an annoying bossfight challenge or something, but it's not, it's every time, and I hate it, and I can't have fun with the game because I'm just dreading the conclusion to every level, and I find this particularly frustrating because you can shoot hats off robots' heads.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
🎶 come on baby sit through Pyre 🎵

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
drat that guy is babybear

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
The only thing Wasteland shares with Fallout is that it's post-apocalyptic and there's a lot of a silly irony.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I can "read" things in dreams if they're signs or something not really significant, but if it's like a message or something important, I can't read it. It's a recurring thing, where I'll find a note or something, and I'll just be staring at it so hard trying to read it. I can allllmmmoooost read a word, then I lose it. Some dreams I spend a really long time just trying to read something.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

I've never had hot Dr. Pepper. Interesting!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
There was an episode of a 90s sitcom (Roseanne?) where a kid gets a Super Nintendo, and he's play Super Mario World. It doesn't show the game, but you can tell the kid is playing it because he's smashing every button on the controller and moving around erratically to show he's playing the video game. But when he dies, one of the other characters says, "See, you died? That's your blood."

Mario does not bleed!!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Jay Rust posted:

As the first third of 2024 comes to an end, it’s a good time to reflect on one’s gaming. For anyone interested in my own gaming adventures, here’s a quick write-up of the every title I’ve played so far this year (I keep a list, for goty thread reasons):

- baldur’s gate 3: got pretty far into act 2 of 3, dropped it when a patch came out that upset my mods, haven’t gone back since. A game I really like but could never love, for some maybe unfair and nitpick-y reasons that I don’t need to get into
- dicey dungeons: a game I didn’t really give much time when it first came out, but on revisit I learned to appreciate a lot, especially the substantial gameplay twists the game introduces on the harder difficulties. Wish the game would shut the gently caress up between runs tho
- fire emblem engage: dropped like halfway through, probably the last fire emblem I’m gonna play in a long time. I’m not disappointed, I just don’t think I like fire emblem
- morrowind: heavily modded. Still rules, still rocks, extremely cool
- balatro: hell yeah
- europa universalis 4, anbennar mod: my forevergame. Every gamer has one
- diablo 4: really boring. Dropped very early, might return to later, maybe if I get depressed again
- elden ring: 100%ing it on a new character in preparation of the dlc. Still a GOATed (greatest o’ all time) game. Also playing through a co-op overhauled modded version with my brother, yum. True gaming.

I've played through these:

- NieR:Automata: Beautiful, wonderful game. Definitely has problems, but a great experience. Love me some Yoko Taro weirdness.
- Cyberpunk 2077 / Phantom Liberty: Every single frame of this game is a breathtaking achievement and for reasons I don't understand I hated this game so much.
- Jagged Alliance 3: Finally a sequel to Jagged Alliance 2!
- Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut: Anime girls with surprisingly large breasts in a colorful but absurdly annoying metroidvania

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Pander posted:

WW2 FPS market is pretty saturated.

I remember by 2008 being exhausted by the amount of WWII FPSs. Has it been consistently oversaturated or was there a lull in the last 16 years at some point?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Rarity posted:

I had my first party wipe in FF3. It was on Echidna who turned to be absolutely brutal and got me with two full party attacks back-to-back. Yeesh. However it turns out this game has an autosave! So I immediately fought him again and won, hurray. I'm also very grateful for the quick save feature which means I can put it aside for a day rather than slog through all of Crystal Tower and World of Darkness in one go. Still though, this is such a tough block of final dungeons. Perhaps the hardest in the entire franchise?

I only played the DS version, but I did so twice, ten years apart, and both time I just fuckin gave up at the final dungeon. It's the only non-MMO Final Fantasy I never beat :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Mode 7 posted:

His drip

His gonorrhea?