Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Muscle Tracer posted:

Gamefreak could never

Gamefreak doesn't need to. Their audience isn't the 20 and 30 year olds who grew up with the game. It's the 7 year olds who see the Pikachu plush in the store and beg their parents for the game. They don't need to cater to an audience because there's always new consumers next year. Also, the people who aren't terminally online have no problem enjoying Pokémon for what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Anime is gross. Everyone knows that.

Kirby isn't anime, so he doesn't count.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Endorph posted:

hes just rich and stupid. he liked a game and went 'wow, i liked that game so much, i wish i could give the devs more money!" and blurted it out, because money isnt a real thing to him and he has no idea why tipping exists and what it represents

Most people don't understand why tipping exists or what it represents. At least, nit in America.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

America is one of the only countries where tipping exists

Yes, and it has part of its origin in the abolishment of slavery. Why pay a white person when you could pay a black person half the cost and just have him ask for a tip.

Feldegast42 posted:

Randomly going to point out that you don't have to pay tipped employees minimum wage

I used to rely on tips to pay my bills. It's a very scummy practice that should be removed from our society, not encouraged in more areas.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

xoFcitcrA posted:

Wait, what thread is this?

*checks title*

Huh.

Welcome to Video Games.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

GlyphGryph posted:

I was genuinely under the impression that everyone, like me, recalled songs in the same neutral voiceless voice used for conversations with people where you can remember what they said but not what they sound like.

The common belief is that you can't read the same thing twice in dreams, not that you can't read at all.

What's the best video game where its set in a dream, and/or what's the best video game you ever dreamed of playing.

The only game I remember playing with dream sequences was Max Payne. I used to love that game, but I never could get past the last level without cheats.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I never understood the appeal of console themes. I never spend any time on the home screen.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Maybe you'd spend more time on the home screen if there was a dancing skeleton on it?

Probably not. :)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Because you're old. Happens to all of us.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Rarity, if this is really your first time playing FF4, then don't stop. This is great.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I don't like rts games in general. 13 Sentinels was a slog during the combat, but the story was fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

My kid loves yakisoba pan and shares it with his best friend every time I make it. He only tried it because of the game.