Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Don't forget, Dark Souls is the Dark Souls of Dark Souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Oxxidation posted:

it’s either going to be a sequel or some alt-universe thing because it takes place outside of Hallownest and Hornet spent her whole life there

Maybe it's a spinoff.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

The, uh, toxen going all wide-eyed on a failed river crossing is a nice touch.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

haveblue posted:

Maybe I missed it in the very long article, but did all the Nazi stuff end up in the shipped game or was it eventually taken out?

It was taken out.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

But why would Spiderman be leaving the hospital?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Rinkles posted:

iOS now basically has regular file management. I don’t see why it can’t be handled locally.

In the guidelines, you have to provide Apple with a list of every game your emulator will run, with links to where they can be found. Presumably they'll check the rights.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Vermain posted:

don't you guys have ROMs on your phone?

i am protected

wait, that was stairs isn't it

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Subjunctive posted:

Slice & Dice is going to cost me my job and home.

Turn on the in-game clock.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

This is Princess Peach: Showtime! erasure

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

homeless snail posted:

jordan mechner died

No he didn't.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

tbh everyone talks about slay the spire or whatever. the best roguelike deckbuilder is Hand of Fate 2

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Vermain posted:

there's also a strong performative drive on places like twitter where people are socially incentivized to be righteous more than they are to be good

i bet it's this

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Eej posted:

The only thing you can do is make cheating so expensive that only the people who can afford the $4k cheats can do it.

Where are the open source cheat makers making the really good stuff for free? That's what I want to know.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

xoFcitcrA posted:

I wish I'd played Persona 5 instead of Persona 5 Royal. Ask if you'd like more detail.

well I can't let that hot take pass

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

wizard2 posted:

Final Fantasy is the best JRPG franchise there is, in this Gamer's opinion.

Ehhhh, I'd say the Mario+Luigi RPG franchise has you beat there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

xoFcitcrA posted:

You aren't given a choice whether or not you begin with overpowered stuff that trivializes the game. You have to look up which parts of your inventory / personas are DLC and ACTIVELY AVOID THEM in order to play the game with challenge. Also, after 150 hours of playing the game the last 4-6 left a sour taste in my mouth. You have one of the worst "puzzles" in videogame history not made by Owlcat, pointless multi-stage boss battles (SOME OF WHICH ARE SCRIPTED WHETHER YOU WIN OR LOSE), and an hour to hour-and-a-half of just time spent (including unskippable credits) getting between winning the game and being allowed to save.

e: good game that leaves you with a sour taste

I admit I didn't open the DLC chest in your room. You can choose to not do that, thankfully.