Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

haveblue posted:

Gaymes expected in Gaypril:

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes (PC, Switch, PS, Xbox)

SaGa: Emerald Beyond (PC, Switch, PS, Mobile)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

homeless snail posted:

there's a crucial difference between FE and unicorn overlord. unicorn overlord is good.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I'm out of town for a few days and can't Overlord my Unicorns :(

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Shard posted:

I know a lot of yall played Pentiment and I wanted to ask a question about the story

Why do you think Andreas was so obsessed with saving those books?

Maybe pentiment spilerd From what I reckoned from the story that Kiersau Abbey was quite unique at the time with housing a large quantity of one-off, unique manuscripts as most other abbeys of its type already shut down their scriptoriums and sold off their libraries? A lot of what was in that library was irreplaceable

But my andreas had the bookworm background so it was also weirdly entirely on-brand for him

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

cheetah7071 posted:

Unicorn Overlord is goty

It's so good

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Westworld is loving amazing. I love that entire show, i'm the only person in existence that likes all four seasons.

There was a fourth season?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

hatty posted:

I just play video games. No time for TV

:same:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

it seems like a no-brainer to just make an update of Shandalar, an RPG where your battles are MTG duels

but i guess we're talking about WOTC here

This please for the love of God lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

StoryTime posted:

But how do you make people pay $1000 / month for cards if they just get them from towns and quiz events and beating monsters???

Because they already have that. I don't think a theoretical MtG RPG would cannibalise sales from Arena. I think a lot of ppl playing arena would happily pay £60 or whatever for a single player mtg rpg as well

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Barudak posted:

If it canabalizes a months attention from a whale, who is your most likely Shandalar 2 buyer, you're revenue negative with them for a month. Im not saying theres no potential upside here, but internally you'll have to overcome finance asking you why you're willing to risk upsetting the golden goose.

That would make sense if mtg arena was like any other gacha mobile game, but it's still inextricably linked to paper magic which means new sets only come out every three months or so and engagement is at its highest the first month of a set and trails off sharply toward the end of a format. Even the most diehard arena streamers seem to find other things to do after a format's gone stale (usually by playing vintage cube or something on mtg online (yes, there are two concurrently running mtg clients)) so I think there is more than enough space for a modern single player mtg experience like shandalar

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Lmao

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Captain Invictus posted:

they should remake FF6 like they're remaking FF7.

They already said that's never gonna happen and hell I think a ff6 remake requires a different aesthetic anyway

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Feels Villeneuve posted:

ff6 isn't even a game that "needs" a remake

actually FF7 wasn't a game that "needed" a remake either, but for some reason they don't want to do what the game actually needed, which is re-release the original game with a non-broken translation, and the direction they went with the remake was cool because it wasn't actually a remake

FF6 needs a remake cuz it's fundamentally mechanically broken

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I said come in! posted:

I really want a classic TF2 version. I will take that, or a sequel to Day of Defeat with updated graphics.

I played so so so so so much Day of Defeat back in the day

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Muscle Tracer posted:

Same. I am discovering the joys of STR-INT.

This is exactly what I was doing before Eiyuden Chronicle came out

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

VideoGames posted:

Been playing Pentiment and it is actually beautiful and caused me to start listening to a medieval history podcast. :hai:

The best art is the art which inspires!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Rarity posted:

FF4: Made my way to Mt. Hobs where Sir War Crimes forced Rydia to relive her extensive recent trauma. While there we met a half-naked man who... come on, I'm not gonna shittalk Yang. It's Yang. I just want him to hold me in his big beefy arms.

Although I was amused by Cecil so openly telling a random stranger about his complicity in genocide.

I am really enjoying your brutal takedown of FF4 :xd:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

Hasn't that game been remade and rereleased a thousand times already? Where is the Brave Fencer Musashi remake the true gamers crave.

Been saying this

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

The screenshots of battles look like my kind of gameplay

but then i see a screenshot like this and i think, "god i don't have the energy for this anymore"

You can just mash past the dialogue most of it isn't that interesting anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

It would be better if people never posted poo poo from twitter at all.

:hai: