Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
I am currently lining up Dune Imperium as my main game of the month, having just finished the tutorial. I've never played the board game and am not even that into Dune but it seems like a very slick adaptation with an absolute boatload of strategy. The real life game is currently sitting at #6 in Board Game Geek so let's see if it lives up to the hype. So far, so good.

Funnily enough, Balatro has kind of dimmed a bit for me. Still a great game but maybe when it comes to mobile I'll go whole raging addiction with it again like I did last month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Dabir posted:

Definitely go back and give NMH1 and 2 a try then. They're both great games.

The final boss of NMH2 can eat poo poo, one of the worst I've ever had to slog through. It's a constant battle with the camera 2/3rds of the time and iirc, it was (is?) actually bugged.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
Have spent a bit more time with Dune Imperium this week and yeah, it's very good! If you like resource juggling card / board games then this is definitely a fine choice. Dipped back into Balatro as well for a quick session and that's still fantastic too. Guess I just love card games.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Jolo posted:

I have the board game and it's pretty fun. Does it have the Uprising version of the game or any of the expansions?

Nope, just the base game Imperium version for now with it's Ix expansion coming later.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Best game of the year is going to be whatever comes out that deeply emotionally resonates with me or blows my mind in some profound way because loving around with a well made toy feels kind of wack in comparison to like Kentucky Route Zero rending my soul in twain by the time it was over.

One of the big reasons why imo Grim Fandango is one of the greatest games ever made. Pulls you into its world, is genuinely funny, is genuinely sad, and by the end you wish you never had to leave the experience behind because the place it took you to was so fascinating and filled with so many characters you just wanted to keep spending time with. All of that, and the gameplay is doing inane puzzles with poo poo tank controls lol.

Give me that any day over some poo poo I'll just forget 90% of in the next 6 months.

:hmmyes:

Grim Fandango's writing is up there in the top 5 for sure.

Manuel Calavera: Buenos días.
Mercedes Colomar: You're not the nurse.
Manuel Calavera: No.
Mercedes Colomar: You're not here to give me my medication?
Manuel Calavera: No, but I am here to ease your pain.
Mercedes Colomar: Guess they couldn't save me, eh?
Manuel Calavera: No, but there's still a chance you could save me.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Never heard of this until now. Gamer Nexus has described it as "addictingly fun" instead of "addictively fun" so gently caress them!

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
https://youtu.be/rUupDa-ACxk?si=lXMQCXL-ioXDuocy

For those who want a proper spiritual successor to Micro Machines, this looks very promising.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Owl Inspector posted:

a few years of hunt showdown have caused me to have frequent and extremely lucid dreams of hunt matches, which are so authentic to real matches that they sometimes involve getting mad enough to wake up, possibly the greatest self own my brain has inflicted in my life

I took a break from Hunt today to play Dwarf Fortress instead and boy, is that a night and day difference in terms of enjoyment. I was digging out workshops and bedrooms, listening to the chill and excellent soundtrack, happy as a clam.

Not listening for crows and twig snaps in horror swamp, seconds away from being headshot seems to be the welcome change I was after.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Owl Inspector posted:

no matter how bad the matches get, after a couple weeks break I always yearn for the swamp again

You and me both, my man. Here's hoping the new engine drops soon!

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

I said come in! posted:

There is a server technical test out now until the end of this weekend for xDefiant on uplay app, xbox, and playstation. Live service first person shooter from UBISoft that is meant to compete with Call of Duty. It was suppose to be out last September, but for whatever reason it was delayed and has been radio silent until this last week. No official release date yet for the 1.0 launch.

Apparently it's still not good according to a Discord guy I know who just played it. Too bad.

This did lead me to look up what kind of Hunt Showdown / extraction type games are coming up though, as they're more my vibe and two look really promising. First is Beautiful Light, which has gotten a fair amount of attention, and second is Blight: Survival which looks loving incredible. It's in pre-alpha but goddamn has it piqued my interest.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
GotY contenders this year so far are Balatro, Dwarf Fortress, Dune Imperium, Slay The Spire and Hunt Showdown - so basically three games I had on my top 5 last year again, sheesh. I need to mix it up.

Stalker 2 is my #1 most anticipated, Homeworld 3 is a close second.

Tiny Tires looks like an updated Micro Machines clone, which I am 100% down for.

Blight: Survival, Suikoden Remasters I & II, and Beautiful Light all look pretty spicy too, but not in as much of a rush to play them.

Have restarted BG3 for like the 10th time and this time, I *will* progress further than the end of Act 1. Maybe.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

I said come in! posted:

I am really excited for these two games, but am expecting to not like them until much later on. They will both release pretty broken.

Oh, don't I know it. Can't wait to see what the modding community does with Stalker 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
Einhander remaster just around the corner, I can feel it