Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes is all I want to play for new releases this month. Otherwise more dragons dogma 2, and rise of the ronin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/PatriotLies3/status/1774768675674902752

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kerrzhe posted:

i finished Dragon's Dogma 2 and since i don't really feel like doing another playthrough i am probably going to play some tekken

except there's maintenance tonight so who knows what will happen

The online downtime has been all day. There is still the single player stuff, but that's no fun.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

The Noel Caldwell-Gervais video made diablo 4 seem pretty good… feeling tempted…

Play Last Epoch instead. Although if you have Game Pass, then you might as well check out Diablo IV.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ibblebibble posted:

Getting back into Granblue Fantasy Versus Rising with the latest patch, god I'm so bad at fighting games but they're so fun.

Versus Rising is really good! I've been getting back into this game too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/1775224761200578596

This looks okay! Probably just average and forgettable at best, but looking forward to seeing more.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Macaluso posted:

Everything I hear about Dragon's Dogma 2 is people going "This game is annoying and frustrating and bad and it's FUNDAMENTAL to the design of the game to be bad so that's why it's good actually" and I gotta say it's not really selling me on the game.

I don't know why people are saying these things. I don't find any aspect of the game frustrating or annoying personally.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lets hang out posted:

DD1 was the most expensive game Capcom had ever made and DD2 probably cost 5 times as much and it's still half a game so maybe Capcom just can't afford to make these, or they're really bad at managing projects

Even more than Monster Hunter World, or some of the Resident Evil games? Seems like DD was just very poorly managed if it was that expensive.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dont do the campaign at all and watch the cutscenes on Youtube instead.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/1775558926106329092

I'm that idiot that likes some UBISoft games, instead of the smart move which is to just not pay attention to any of them. But looking forward to xDefiant (lmao), Star Wars Outlaws, and Assassin's Creed Red.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Folks, I’m not really enjoying diablo 4. The dungeons are like 50% too long, the loot is too simple, and i can’t seem to change my char’s hairstyle. Last time I listen to a youtuber’s opinion over a goon’s

Its a good thing you didnt listen to goons at launch though, who were tripping over themselves to convince each other that it was the best video game ever released. I've never seen a faster buyers remorse on this forum than with Diablo IV, even compared to Diablo III at launch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm not invested in the Pokemon franchise. The last mainline Pokemon game on the switch is my favorite because its a seamless open world that was really easy to traverse, and had a bunch of awesome quality of life grinding features, like auto battle resolve. The graphics are complete rear end, but everything else about it was great to me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

also, adventure mode launches April 17

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How long was the queue? Season 4 PTR patch notes are available now and sound pretty positive. Fixing a lot of issues players have.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The first paragraph pretty much outlines why this isn't going to be useful though.

quote:

Apple says those games must comply with “all applicable laws,” though — an indication it will ban apps that provide pirated titles.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just want Square to work on single player JRPGs, and Final Fantasy XIV. That is what they are good at. Everything else they tend to do sucks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Recently bought V-Rising because its almost out of Early Access finally.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

Current goty is Balatro, then Helldivers 2, followed by Dragon's Dogma 2, and hopefully first place is replaced by Homeworld 3

P good year for gamin' so far

I think we are going to be disappointed by Homeworld 3. My prediction is the game will be awesome, but need a ton of updates and fixes at launch. It's going to be really buggy and broken. Still buying it day one though, I love Homeworld.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My favorite games of the year so far:
Granblue Fantasy Relink
Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
Unicorn Overlord
Dragon's Dogma 2

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

I really enjoyed the demo but that last update saying things like attack move were still in progress at the time of its release, with the actual game release slated for a couple weeks after raised a lot of alarms for me lol. I'm hopeful though

Exactly, everything about this tells me to keep my expectations way in check. Its been delayed so much, indicating poor management, time in development won't fix the problems basically. But I also have faith that the devs will be addressing all of this post launch. Ready to enjoy the story campaign, and then multiplayer.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I was honestly thinking Outlaws wouldnt come out this year. That is not far away at all.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Honestly it looks cool!

And I kinda like how the main character has a little late 70s style to her that makes her feel like she could have been in the OT

From the trailer too, it looks to take place in the OT timeline, just before Return of the Jedi.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

It'll be on the Ubi+ thing on PC so you can plunk down 15 bucks for a month probably

I think UBISoft upped the price of this to like $18, but yeah you can do this, and you'll get three day early access.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Paying2Lurk posted:

Wanted: Dead is someone wanting to make their own Yakuza game without really knowing how, and almost sorta kinda pulling it off but also failing in hilarious ways.

How much does the newest update fix the issues? It sounds like a pretty comprehensive overhaul.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Why is WoW getting a classic Cata server? Isn't that just the live servers without any of the good content at that point?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zokari posted:

it's live servers minus 6 expansions?

Yeah, which is why it kinda feels pointless to me? I guess i'm missing something. Classic servers up to the end of Wrath of the Lich King I can understand, that's a totally different experience, but once Cata released, it felt very different and the live servers now are basically WoW 2 in all but name.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think Blizzard is still planning on keeping Wrath classic servers around right? kinda like they still have Classic, and TBC servers going, but they are not the primary focus now since they are finished with updates.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

For me personally, if I have desire to play one of the classic WoW eras, its going to be Wrath Classic. That was my favorite era of WoW and I have no desire to play any content beyond that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Everquest Online Adventures is peak everquest.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

The Godfather II game has a ton of cool systems and ideas trapped in an incredibly bad game. I'd kill to get that concept of cultivating a crew and crime empire into a game that doesn't look and feel like garbage.

I know there have been a few Mafia management sims over the last few years but I dont know which ones are any good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

AngryBooch posted:

Looks like Possibility Space, the studio founded by Jeff Strain from ArenaNet (Guildwars) and Undead Labs (State of Decay) that was currently making an unannounced AAA game is done.

https://twitter.com/_sulcata/status/1778816808486572316

So the entire studio was closed? just wasnt able to secure funding for the game they were making?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol throwing your employees under the bus is always 100% bitch rear end loser behavior.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

So Modern Warfare 3 is doing a tie-in with Godzilla x Kong and introduced a big King Kong fist you can buy for EIGHTY DOLLARS and shockingly it's apparently not worth it!

https://www.ign.com/articles/call-o...nt-worth-buying

Godzilla x Kong looks like absolute rear end.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Has the Metal Gear Solid Volume 2 Collection been announced yet? Is that for sure happening?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

Hate to say it, but if they never announce a Volume 2 I would not be surprised.

I'll just play Metal Gear Solid 4 again but on emulation where it's likely to be superior to any official port anyways.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Westworld is loving amazing. I love that entire show, i'm the only person in existence that likes all four seasons.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My biggest complaint with Westworld is that the production values dropped off a cliff after season 2. HBO gave them like $5 to work with and they had to make it work. But I really liked the social commentary about how AI, machine learning, and corporations in general are gathering up everything they can about us, and using it to direct and control our future. It wasn't that far off the mark considering this show ran just before the AI we talk about today, took off.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Playing System Shock Remake with the new update, and it doesn't really do anything after all to help you with where to go and how to solve some of the tougher puzzles. This game is such a huge puzzle like maze. Which is great if you like that sort of thing, but if your brain has been ruined by modern gaming, like mine has, its a tough one get through. I am wondering if the devs actually tested this update before releasing it though? Cause it feels like none of the changes they said in their patch notes, actually work or are implemented correctly. Thankfully I found this guide that looks to be extremely helpful https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3010102319

Anyways realistically most of this is just a me problem and there are some good user guides out there.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish North America was broken up into vastly more smaller countries then what it is now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish the game could just be released this year actually finished.