Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I am playing Pacific Drive and I want to like it but it’s kinda mid which sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

haveblue posted:

That was my takeaway too. It's got an amazing atmosphere and soundtrack, and the jank is charming to learn to work around at first. But then it sinks in that there's almost nothing to do out in the world but packrat generic resources, the danger is very easy to avoid or mitigate, and as you expand the territory you can access the time commitment of each run grows substantially (even with the base upgrade that's supposed to reduce this)

"Stalker with a lovely beater" is a fantastic concept and it takes some great first steps but then it just... stops taking steps and you still have 1/3 of the game to go

More like 3/4, honestly.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Chev posted:

Personally I've been enjoying Pacific Drive a lot, although I agree it gets repetitive and grindy. But that's part of what I enjoy, quietly driving back and forth through the countryside. But also I got kind of the opposite impression, in that the main story seems to be able to be completed pretty fast, and I've forever been postponing the final mission while I try to unlock all junctions and most of the logbook.

Yeah, I’m specifically not speedrunning the main story. I’m trying to build up my car and unlock base upgrades before I enter the third zone. And I dunno about you but it’s become a hell of a slog.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Does anyone else like, binge the gently caress out of video games. Like just spend all your free time on them for day or weeks at a time, then drop them and never play again. Or am I nuts